Cloverfield

Gamera beats all monsters!

Nothing can beat a turtle that shoots blue flames from its shell!

Gamera also has musical ability.

In Gamera Vs. Zigra, he starts to play his own theme song using a rock and Zigra's back!

He even dances as the score plays the rest of it!

I really like Gamera a lot.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean, to design a believable creature (when that is the intent), you have to know something about real creatures

To make a believable giant creature...that could walk around on earth....well you might as well make a giant cube. Physics say so. :P

Dinosaurs...werent cubes.

And this creature is aquatic...Whales arent cubes either.

There is a limit to the size, i know, but it could be at least as big as those.

Gamera sucks.

Mark say it ain't so!

I like Gamera ( I have a Bandai figurine on one of my monitor speakers in my studio)

Of course my favorite is Majin. I have a 10" Bandai figure of that on the other monitor speaker.

And Mark, if you dare say that Majin sucks, I will pray to Shino to let the demon out and he'll stomp your butt!!!! :D

• 1 month later...
Well I guess you know a lot about the anatomy of monsters.

To design a creature you have to base it in what we know about our creatures. Create his skeleton, put the muscles over it and then adapt it to its living ecosystem.

Swimming creatures have many things in common, and it should reflect in the anatomi of the monster. Be it plaps, fins or palmeated hands and feet, for example. Sails, a strong tail, etc.

I mean, to design a believable creature (when that is the intent), you have to know something about real creatures.

And this colverfiled monster is not an alien, isnt it?

Remind me to inform you of that the next time you go to the pool.

Saw this at the cinema and downloaded an excellent dvdrip yesterday. It was a let down on the big screen I expect it to falter further on the small screen. The main group of characters in this film are idiots! I did not emphasise with any of them - they were not a likeable bunch, bar perhaps the poor person who gets attacked in the tunnel and frankly the one reason that decided that they should turn back, against the advice of the army (not to mention simple common sense) was 100% unbelievable and the since entire premise revolved around that one decision the film suffered hugely as a result.

That's not to say it wasn't fun, because it was much of the time, hence why I'm willing to give it another watch.

The main group of characters in this film are idiots!

Especially the one handling the camera. But that just makes you root for the monster. :(

My only real criticism of the movie was that it's pretty hard to create a CG monster that scares me. I tried to sit there thinking 'there's a big monster attacking us..oh sh!t', but instead I just looked and saw this fairly convincing CG creation, some people doing some somewhat stupid things.

Hmm, last time I was scared by cgi was probably by those slug things that get Andy Serkis in King Kong. Though I was probably more freaked out than anything.

I'm just talking about the anatomy of the thing. It doesn't look like a swimmer at all, nothing aquatic about it at all.

Just to settle this previous argument, I spoke to a friend of mine who studies to be a biologist, and he said that the monster would be able to live in an ocean trench because of the long gorilla-like arms would be great for grappling onto rocks and collecting food. So yes, it is a "swimmer" of sorts.

As for being able to live on land and sea, he went on to say that a rare few prehistoric animals were adapted to this such as Tiktaalik and Icthyostega

As in an animal that breathes in land and water. It can stay on either for any amount of time. Unless that's what you are saying. I don't know much about iguanas.

No iguanas cant.

Amphibians can breath in and out water with the skin too.

There are some amphibians that lack lungs! and live on earth.