AOL Radio is a godsend

Trumpeteer

Right now, I'm listening to "The Tale of Victor Navorski" from "The Terminal" on AOL Radio. You download a player onto your computer (Mac or PC) and it's just like satellite radio, except I don't have to subscribe to anything and pay money to listen to music during the day (I don't own an iPod.). I love "The Terminal." Such cute and whimsical music. Suddenly, I'm humming along to the music instead of cursing the fact that my boss won't let me leave an hour early today.

Earlier today, they played "Man vs. Beast" from "Jaws." I was drumming my fingers along to the main theme. They also play some older stuff. Henry Mancini was on heavy rotation this morning.

I wish I had known about this before. If you're a part of AOL, get it now.

Oh, cool. Now, they're playing "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" from "Fantasia." I'm going to cast a spell and make a whole bunch of brooms finish my work while I head to the gym, which I never like going to but is much better than staring at a computer screen.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I only liked the integrated e-mail on AoL.Now with my broadband I only have webmail and not much space and I still haven't figured out how to set up an alternative e-mail program.

I only liked the integrated e-mail on AoL.Now with my broadband I only have webmail and not much space and I still haven't figured out how to set up an alternative e-mail program.

Try this. These are instructions for Outlook Express, but you should be able to apply them to Thunderbird and other clients easily enough.

AOL does have its drawbacks, but I'm loyal to a fault. I got my first e-mail account on AOL in 1997, and I haven't changed it.

;) "Chiyo's Prayer" from "Memoirs of a Geisha" -- awesome :)

A reference to God is not necessarily synonymous with a reference to religion.

J Dan - who recently saw Kingdom of Heaven (Director's Cut)

I like Streaming Soundtracks because you actually get to choose which piece you want to hear.

AOL does have its drawbacks, but I'm loyal to a fault. I got my first e-mail account on AOL in 1997, and I haven't changed it.

actually just try to cancel you AoL account...

K.M.

Try being the key word. Beyond that audio clip that achieved internet fame, I had my own experience too. They made me pay for an extra month or two beyond when I cancelled with them (I was on AOL from my first computer in '96 until 2003), just because I was using one of those transition programs to get any email that was still going to the AOL account to my new account.