Harry Potter...Jazz?

tjguitar

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, and I can't even imagine how that might sound . . . :)

Seriously.

The Trotter Trio's "Sketches on Star Wars" was kind of cool, though. :)

I don't know, this just isn't my thing . . . the music loses all its intensity and depth. This sounds like something you might hear in a bar, and the piano player just happens to be a HP fan. I wouldn't buy it.

Is that a MIDI piano?

Ray Barnsbury

Sounds like too many dymanics for a MIDI, but who knows what they can do with computers in this day and age...

I was able to listen to some clips on the iTunes music store. I think it's pretty cool. I would hope that some people (like those who gave nasty reviews on iTunes) wouldn't take this so seriously as to say that it's garbage. I think, if anything, it's kind of like a jazzy tribute to some great film music.

I own this CD and actually really like it (I even wrote the as of this moment only review on Amazon :lol:). I was kinda sceptical at first, but after a few listens it really grew on me. I think that the band in a way also showed their respect and admiration for Williams and his work with doing this project. It probably helps to be a jazz fan(atic) to be able to fully appreciate this CD, but that's just my humble opinion. :) I also thin that Williams would appreciate this project, had he known about it (maybe he does), taking into consideration his jazz beginnings and background.

Reminded me of the jazz versions Barry did for OHMSS and DAF in a way.

Nice one :lol: Only that those are more on the "soft" side, while this HP is more "hardcore". :):P