Will JW write for Harry Potter Anymore?

oboale

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Acording to the wikipedia, Nicolas Hooper will score Half-Blood Prince. In that case, it doesn't seem that Warners wants to get rid of him.

The only chance to have Williams back is Alfonso Cuarón, then.

Help us Alfonso Cuarón, you're our only hope.

Acording to the wikipedia, Nicolas Hooper will score Half-Blood Prince. In that case, it doesn't seem that Warners wants to get rid of him.

That's probably more to do with the fact that Yates is back for the sixth film, rather than an executive decision.

Yeah, I know. But there was a chance that the studio wasn't happy with the soundtrack and wanted Williams back. Now, it seems that Hooper is back, along with Yates. So, if Yates directs Hallows, bye bye Williams.

That's probably more to do with the fact that Yates is back for the sixth film, rather than an executive decision.

Precicely. The director almost invariably gets to choose the composer. So before anybody goes knocking Chris Columbus, it was his relationship with John Williams that helped get him in the composer's chair to start with. JW also worked with him on the first two Home Alone movies and Stepmom.

What is interesting to me is not that Cuarón stuck with Williams, but that Patrick Doyle, who scored two of his previous "big" movies, was brought in afterward in the franchise. It's a small miracle when you look at the histories that Doyle wasn't chosen to score Azkaban.

Yates has a history with Hooper, hence he'll likely be back. I personally would like to see Yates finish out the series. He's kept the tone and aesthetic set by Cuarón, but added a little bit of real-world sensibility to the franchise too, which is important in the final three stories. That said, I hope if he does finish the films, Yates will branch out musically and bring JW into the fold for a final outing.

It's a small miracle when you look at the histories that Doyle wasn't chosen to score Azkaban.

We can only thank God for that.

On the other hand, I don't know whether I would have rather heard a Williams-scored Goblet Of Fire.

It was no miracle. I think Cuarón had no other choice, he had to use John Williams to score the film. It was AFTER John Williams left the series that they could choose the composer they wanted. And I'm sure Cuarón had nothing to do with the election of Doyle.

At the same time, Cuaron knew he was not at liberty to re-imagine the film from the ground up.

Even if he wanted to, for example, Cuaron couldn't hire a new composer - he was obligated to use John Williams, who provided the score for the first two "Harry Potter" films.

He also couldn't redesign Hogwarts, overhaul Diagon Alley or recast any lead roles, outside of replacing Richard Harris, who played Hogwarts' headmaster, Albus Dumbledore, in the first two films but died in October 2002.

Hogwarts looks and feels radically different from the first 2 films though, and the new look has been maintained for the next 2 films following POA.

Hogwarts looks and feels radically different from the first 2 films though, and the new look has been maintained for the next 2 films following POA.

Yes, the whole of Hogwarts' exterior (the grounds, not the castle) was redesigned, the robes were changed, and that's all stuck since.

Yeah, but they were cooler...some how.

According to this link, Yates confirms in person Hooper will be scoring.http://www.harrypotterfanzone.com/fusion/f...ews.php?id=2112

If JW and Hooper couldn't score Hallows, I think I'd pick Silvestri or Howard

possibly unreleased music being released from Star Wars and John Williams possibly writing for Harry Potter again: Not a bad week, is it?

One down, one more to go.

I think they usually wear them in the books, but I never really pictured the students with them. And I'm glad they got rid of them in the films.

Ray Barnsbury

possibly unreleased music being released from Star Wars and John Williams possibly writing for Harry Potter again: Not a bad week, is it?

Actually, we've foudn out there won't be any unreleased Star Wars music. It'll just be another re-release of the OT with a CD-ROM of pictures and a compilation disc. So....if that's any indication, Williams won't be doing this movie.

Actually, we've foudn out there won't be any unreleased Star Wars music. It'll just be another re-release of the OT with a CD-ROM of pictures and a compilation disc. So....if that's any indication, Williams won't be doing this movie.

Why should it be an indication?

Don't they have those pointy hats in the books?

A pointed hat is part of the uniform I believe, and there's a few mentions of a hat here and there. But when reading the novels, I think it makes a lot more sense if they're not wearing any. I certainly always imagined them without.

Cuaron used Williams because Azkaban was produced by Columbus. Also, don't trust anything you read from Wikipedia, anyone can post anything on that site. So it saying Hooper will be back for The Dealthy Hallows is definitley not a fact.

Cuaron used Williams because Azkaban was produced by Columbus. Also, don't trust anything you read from Wikipedia, anyone can post anything on that site. So it saying Hooper will be back for The Dealthy Hallows is definitley not a fact.

true

Dealthy? Does that stand for "dead, but healthy"? Like the Riddles in chapter 1 of GoF?

******SPOILER***********

The Deathly Hallows were a trio of items that when brought together would make their wielder the "Master of Death".

I've read the book...Just wondering what ChrisAfonso said about Tom Riddle in GOF...What does that have to do w/ mixing two words?

What I said was: "John Williams definitely confirmed writing for Indiana Jones IV, possibly unreleased music being released from Star Wars and John Williams possibly writing for Harry Potter again: Not a bad week, is it?" The first still rings true. Therefore: One up, one down, one to go. I never did truly expect that Star Wars release to be what we wanted it to be, but we could hope, couldn't we? Same for John Williams for Harry Potter. I don't actually expect that to happen either, but I would be most pleasantly surprised if it did.

What is not true? That the lullaby theme is a ripp of, or that people have stated that it is?

After listening to both, I find that they is a very faint, general similarity in the way the themes progress, but nothing more. Also they are in a completely different style.

What is not true? That the lullaby theme is a ripp of, or that people have stated that it is?

After listening to both, I find that they is a very faint, general similarity in the way the themes progress, but nothing more. Also they are in a completely different style.

I don't think it's a ripoff if Eiger Sanction.I do hear a faint resemblance in the progression but that's it.

Does anybody else think that the cue written for the Thestral flight was so woefully inadequate that it borders on being ridiculous?

I never fully realised that in my first viewing, but after seeing the film a second time, this was spectaculary out of place.

I mean, sometimes writing against the imagery is most effective, but this is just wrong.

No wonder it doesn't work because all of Hooper's pieces dramatically lack flexibility. Changing the tone of a piece, required for the Thestral flight, just isn't your strength, is it?

A thundestorm at night over London, with flying skeletons in the air, terrible dread, maybe death ahead, and I'm hearing highly enthusiastic, non-descriptive string pads and a jolly horn melody ...