Simpson music question....

King Mark

In the Simpson episode where Homer buys some potion and grows hair,he then goes running around town wildly.There is interesting music with bells and stuff in the background and I think it's from a movie..anybody knows?

K.M.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea what you're talking about, but from the description of the scene it could be Franz Waxman's Bride of Frankenstein, but I'm only guessing, I'm sure you could recognize that score.

Dimitri Timokin, whom, I belive, was a Simpsons fan.

BigJohn

Anachroholic

Probably not, Big John - Dimitri bought the farm in '79. Though with his legendary sense of humour, he would surely have liked Homer and co.

Damien :cry:

Though with his legendary sense of humour, he would surely have liked Homer and co.

What was his legendary sense of humour?

Omen II obviously thinks he was a bad or even evil man.

Did you miss the "he would surely have liked Homer and co" part?

Homer is the name of one of the principal characters in the t.v. show The Simpsons,which is a very funny,often hilarious show.And co. means company,which mean the other characters on that show.I don't know what you were thinking.

K.M.

What was his legendary sense of humour?  

Omen II obviously thinks he was a bad or even evil man.

Morn, you've been at the VB's again, haven't you? :devil: In the English language the verbs LIKE and KILL, although sharing several letters, have subtly different meanings!

Dimitri Tiomkin was reportedly as well known for his sense of humour as his music. I would like to get hold of his autobiography Please Don't Hate Me as it is supposed to be an entertaining read.

Dimitri's popularity soared after his Oscar acceptance speech for The High and the Mighty in 1955 when he thanked the great names of classical music for their contribution to his work. However, my favourite story about Tiomkin relates to the regular card games he used to have with fellow composers Victor Young, Leo Forbstein (Warners music director) and Max Steiner. As Max Steiner's eyesight was very poor, Tiomkin and Young decided one day to feed him dog biscuits when they next met to play gin rummy. Steiner happily tucked in and liked them so much he wanted to know where he could buy them.

Damien - expecting the next post in this thread to say something like "I guess you had to be there."

Hee! I knew that he had bought a farm before the Simpsons were even a twitch in Matt Groenig's eye...

It was kinda ANACHRONISTIC [misplacing objects in relation to time] to say that he was a Simpsons fan since he died before he could ever be one. And I love anachronisms, so that's why I was an Anachro-holic.

Hee!

BigJohn

AmusesSelf