Help with identifying a JW quote

pjc4591

Hello everyone,

My name is Pete Chuka, and I live in Connecticut, USA, maybe an hour outside of NYC. I am a huge fan of Mr. Williams work as I know all of you are. I have had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Williams and I have been a collector of autographs for nearly 30 years. I received a wonderful gift to add to my John Williams autograph collection, but I have had no luck identifying the musical quote he signed on the card. As much as I love his music I have never been blessed with any musical ability playing or reading music. My fingers are crossed that one of you with that ability may be able to help me identify this piece. I have attempted to include a scan here, if it does not appear please feel free to email me for a scan at pjc4591@aol.com

Thank you so much,

Pete

post-2981-1185916361_thumb.jpg

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for posting this. First we have to agree on what is actually there. This is what I see:

williams_pjc4591.jpg

I did not recognize it, at least not immediatelly.

-Snowster

Even with my zero musical knowledge, if I take every 'bar to gap' step as a note higher, and vice-versa (I do remember something from my old music lessons), after a minute or two of studying, it kinda sounds a bit like the start of the shakahuchi bit in Wilow's Theme, although the first 2 notes aren't quite right :thumbup:

Thanks for posting this. First we have to agree on what is actually there. This is what I see:

williams_pjc4591.jpg

I did not recognize it, at least not immediatelly.

-Snowster

Transpose the 2nd half of that measure down 1 white key and you sorta got the main theme of Amazing Stories.