Sorcerer's Stone recording

Seth

I just got my copies of the first two Harry Potter signature editions today. I looked through some old threads, trying to find out if any of the material in the movement entitled "The Sorcerer's Stone" appears on one or both of the first two albums. I didn't find any conclusive answers in my search so I thought I would ask again. I think (and agree with an earlier post) that the climax is on the COS album, but I would like more details if they are there to be had. Thanks.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh, I hope not. I like to think Williams wasn't responsible for that blaring mess.

Ray Barnsbury

I thought that all the music on the album was Williams. Maybe that debate hasn't been settled.

One of the sources I got from an older thread actually did name the end of "Meeting Tom Riddle" as the climax of the Sorcerer's Stone concert work. In following the score while listening to the album I'm fairly confident that, at the very least, the trumpet parts are the same in both.

I wasn't aware of a movement titled "The Sorcerer's Stone" in the HP concert score. Is there ALSO a movement titled "Voldemort"? I was under the impression that the Voldemort movement was essentially the three-note motif from the first film, that "Meeting Tom Riddle" was inspired by it, and that a brief segment of the ACTUAL "Voldemort" recording from SS appears in the film of COS during the "Chamber entrance forms" scene.

Voldemort is a movement in the "Children's Suite." The suite has four movements, the second of which is called "The Sorcerer's Stone." It's built around the three note motif.

King mark sent me a recording of "Voldemort" a while ago; it's a bassoon ensemble piece that features the two Voldemort themes, entirely different "The Sorcerer's Stone."

This is a MIDI file of "The Sorcerer's Stone," courtesy of David Vincent.

King mark sent me a recording of "Voldemort" a while ago; it's a bassoon ensemble piece that features the two Voldemort themes, entirely different "The Sorcerer's Stone."

This is a MIDI file of "The Sorcerer's Stone," courtesy of David Vincent.

My bad, it's been a while. The "Voldemort" concert piece actually incorporates the Stone motif and a little of "Fluffy's Harp."