Why Jerry Goldsmith quite obviously rocks....

Unlucky Bastard

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same thing.... ;)

Jerry scored quite a few important films, most of them were in the 60's and 70's.

Gremlins, Poltergeist, Rambo II (To name a few) were all hits in a time when grossing 80 to 100 million actually meant more.

No JWFan thread is inherently pointless. It's what you make of it.

For example, the thought of Williams posing nude will keep me from sleeping for at least 2 days. :|

Just seems like an invite for bickering to me.

Why?

Jerry does rock. He was a great composer, only surpassed by Williams in my opinion.

No JWFan thread is inherently pointless. It's what you make of it.For example, the thought of Williams posing nude will keep me from sleeping for at least 2 days. :|

Don't you remember what they did with Ocelot's avatar? :lol:

No JWFan thread is inherently pointless. It's what you make of it.For example, the thought of Williams posing nude will keep me from sleeping for at least 2 days. :|

Don't you remember what they did with Ocelot's avatar? :lol:

Yet another surpressed memory. :lol:

Planet of the Apes (the good one)

Patton

And he kept all of his hair.

And he grew it long.

And he pulled it back in a tail, like he was going to ride off on his hog right after the concert.

Without wearing a helmet.

Rocks!

If you think Jerry Goldsmith sucks then I hope you die a horrible death!

Ahh, forget I said anything. I just think there's too much 'this guy rocks and I won't give any reason for it' around here.

Can't we discuss things normally? :|

Goldsmith apparantly had that Mozart thing going on because he wrote great music, but could be a real jerk sometimes.

Goldsmith seemed a lot more real in interviews. He actually criticized people and notions he disliked.

Williams still knows what he's doing, given his 2004 output, but his manner has become docile and tactful to the point of inducing sleep. Half the things he says don't even make any god damned sense.

I thought it was common knowledge. I don't know for sure, but I've heard he was sometimes difficult to work with, and could be conceited.

Plus, his nickname for John was fatboy . . .

I heard Goldsmith didn't like The Mummy and apparently said publicly negative things about the movie (I thought both the movie and his score rocked), but I'm also sure I read somewhere that he was known for liking a wide range of movies and wasn't discriminating in what he chose to score.

And then something went on during Timeline didn't it...

I'm pretty sure he publicly acknowledged scoring the lesser Trek movies somewhere on one of the DVDs (probably First Contact)

And so as not to offend the Grander Ego, those words did not represent my opinion. I liked TMP.

Aye, excellent point sire. My only other option would be to bash Rosenman for Trek IV, but... the score entertains me so (and the Yellowjackets tracks are fun).