Happy Birthday, James Horner

Hitch

alumni_4.jpghorner.jpg He's not missing, folks!!!

I'll probably be the only one celebrating your birthday in here, Jim...so let's break open those bottles of Romulan ale.

Luckily, Blumenkohl has taken the day off. :Paliensr46.jpg

Hitch :P his James Horner collection beginning with archive home recordings of baby Horner crying in his pram. That danger motif was just beginning.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy Birthday to the (current) best after John Williams!

I will give him a 2nd earring as a present. Just to modernize his look or style for his upcoming flicks (if he doesn't get rejected anew): Avatar and The Spiderwick Chronicles. I can't wait!

Biggest picture

Correction: Mr Horner is 54 today and not 53 as I have stated in the topic. So can the powers that be change this for me please? Sorry Jim for any stress this may have caused you. Is this time for a colorful metaphor???

Happy Birthday to the (current) best after John Williams!

Okay, who saw that one coming?

I can't think of any more gifted composer working for the movies nowadays. Well, maybe Elliot Goldenthal... here you are another one.

A different issue is whether he makes use of his skills :P

Goldenthal seems to be rather quiet lately. I'm very interested in Across the Universe, though.

I thought Horner would be older.

Horner is a very good composer, indeed; he is really good at melody-writing and orchestrating; I do wish he did not repeat some motifs & tracks from time to time, though, whether to please the director / producer or because he feels like it.

Happy Birthday, Mr Horner!

:P

The first thing I played today was Surprise Attack from Khan. His best score, the track his first and most stunning appearance of his danger motif...and now I'm listening to the full thing.

Any one who can write or even copy that score, is a great composer in my book. To this day he constantly switches places with James Newton Howard behind John Williams as #2 best living composer.

And Horner Posts only refers to post that are ripped off from other posts, Hitch. :P

He's 9 years younger than my dad. That's weird. And he was born in August, which is only 3 months away from November, which is my birthday. That's weird.

Wait, get this...today's my COUSIN's birthday too. That's weird!

Ray Barnsbury

Wait....you're telling me that your COUSIN shares a birthday with someone who is the same age of your father?!?!?!?! That's just freaky!

Wait, get this...today's my COUSIN's birthday too. That's weird!

Ray Barnsbury

Wait....you're telling me that your COUSIN shares a birthday with someone who is the same age of your father?!?!?!?! That's just freaky!

First music now birthdays. Does Horner have no shame or does he copy everything?