*Please be a box set to complete every score in the Star Wars film universe*

Better start crossing our fingers... and let's hope Sony will not screw up anything this time.

Maurizio -- hoping this will be a Deluxe Boxset with the complete, unedited, remixed scores of all six films as JW wrote and recorded.

No more senseless quoting, please.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Anyway, this has been quite a week...Williams is returning to Harry Potter, and we're getting complete Star Wars scores.

Ray Barnsbury

STAR WARS THE CORELLIAN EDITION (no idea)

Wasn't the compilation CD that Target was including free with the purchase of the ROTS CD/DVD named THE CORELLIAN EDITION? Could this simply be a reissue of that CD for commercial sale?

Anyway, this has been quite a week...Williams is returning to Harry Potter, and we're getting complete Star Wars scores.

Call me really cynical if you want, but I doubt it will be anything more than what robthehand suggested - a compilation.

Hmmmmm - well spotted......I'm not going to get my hopes up over this, as all I really expect is for Sony to figure out yet another way to release already-existing stuff.....however, I could be wrong......

Call me really cynical if you want, but I doubt it will be anything more than what robthehand suggested - a compilation.

I know. My tongue was firmly in cheek.

Ray Barnsbury

STAR WARS THE CORELLIAN EDITION (no idea)

Wasn't the compilation CD that Target was including free with the purchase of the ROTS CD/DVD named THE CORELLIAN EDITION? Could this simply be a reissue of that CD for commercial sale?

Yes, that's what it will probably be.

Neil

Well the Corellian Edition was just a compilation CD of cues from all 6 soundtracks if I remember correctly. I'm hoping that's not what this 30th Anniversary Collector's Edition is. I hope it will be a 12-CD box set for all 6 films I guess we'll find out in October. By the way is there an official date of exactly when in October this thing is supposed to be out?

Since the name is identical to the earlier product, I think we can safely say they are the same.

Doing a complete LOTR: CR style release for the Star Wars films would involve a lot of time and money, and since Sony Classical already has a product that saw only limited release, it would make much more sense, from a corporate standpoint, to get some more money out of that.

We always have War by Brian Whatsismame

Has Sony Classical ever done a proper complete score release?

That kinda thing is usually only done by the smaller labels run by soundtrack fans like Varese, FSMN, Intrada, Lala land.

And they don't have the money to licence something like the complete Star Wars saga.

We always have War by Brian Whatsismame

Has Sony Classical ever done a proper complete score release?

That kinda thing is usually only done by the smaller labels run by soundtrack fans like Varese, FSMN, Intrada, Lala land.

And they don't have the money to licence something like the complete Star Wars saga.

Well that points out the problem.Williams is at that point where he's too expensive for small companies to release his stuff and big companies don't want to shell out anything and just sit on copyrights just in case.

I think we would have heard about this before now if it was the major complete release that we are looking for, i'm waiting for a response from Sony Classical so when I hear i'll let you all know.

It's not so much that Williams is too expensive, it's more that a lot of the music we want is associated with very succesfull films and franchises.

Paramount is not gonna let go of Indiana Jones for peanuts, Warner is gonna sit on the Potter scores without any intention of doing complete verfsions, just because Harry Potter is a populat brand and they are not gonna hand that out to another company...etc...etc...

Paramount is not gonna let go of Indiana Jones for peanuts, Warner is gonna sit on the Potter scores without any intention of doing complete verfsions, just because Harry Potter is a populat brand and they are not gonna hand that out to another company...etc...etc...

So rather than let another company do it and make some money, they're simply denying us all the music? :(

B@stards.

Better start crossing our fingers... and let's hope Sony will not screw up anything this time.

What reasons have we been given for that?

Well, when you've been to Tanglewood, and a couple of middle aged, overweight women are screaming right behind you in a thick New England accent - "Cumawn Jawn!! Play Stah Wahs!! Play Stah Wahs!! Cumawn Jawn [John]!! Wee wanna heah Stah Wahs!!!"...

...you realize why this music is no longer ours, and why film music fans will no longer be thought of by any execs handling SW releases.

Guest macrea

Don't you think that if a comprehensive full-score collection was happening that starwars.com would make a big deal out of it? Instead all we get is some inventory item buried in a list on the Norwegian Sony/BMG site. This is probably a compilation being released to the European market, and I bet the list is inaccurate and that it's actually "The Corellian Edition" being retitled "The Music of STAR WARS: 30th Anniversary Collection." The idea that there is some massive 12-disc set coming based on this alone is ludicrous.

So rather than let another company do it and make some money, they're simply denying us all the music? :(

B@stards.

That's my point. It's a lose-lose situation to just sit on the rights and wait for...hell to freeze over I guess? They're not making any money, and they're ticking off the fans. It does no one any good.

It would even be good just to have an Anthology style release, with a bunch of unreleased cues. While this wouldn't help for things like figuring out how the Battle of Naboo is supposed to fit together, it would be better than relying on video games and DVD rips with SFX and dialogue echo. But, of course, it would be ideal to have the complete scores. It would just be moronic to release the same things once more at this perfect time. Really, this is the time to unload--have the massive box-set of all six films (including the original theatrical versions of them) as well as deleted scenes, etc., and the complete scores for all six movies.

Curiously, Last Crusade OST is Warner label...

What reasons have we been given for that?

Well, when you've been to Tanglewood, and a couple of middle aged, overweight women are screaming right behind you in a thick New England accent - "Cumawn Jawn!! Play Stah Wahs!! Play Stah Wahs!! Cumawn Jawn [John]!! Wee wanna heah Stah Wahs!!!"...

...you realize why this music is no longer ours, and why film music fans will no longer be thought of by any execs handling SW releases.

Well, it was a rethorical question, but yeah, that's part of the point.

I don't wanna dash everybody's hopes, but I'm starting to think that it's just the SE of the original trilogy we've had all along, just with liner notes in Norwegian. ^^ October 1st is only a little over a month away. Why hasn't it been announced anywhere else?

*Please don't reuse those lame photo-collage covers from the last releases*

AND

*Please tell us that YOU FOUND THE EMPIRE MASTER TAPES*

Stupid!

If you're referring to those covers, right then. I mean, I'm pretty sick of Lucasfilm dragging some guy out from behind a desk to put on that Vader suit, so he can be inserted in with older images of the actors. Am I the only person who can clearly tell the difference between any old schmuck and David Prowse in that suit?