October: Music of Star Wars - 30th Anniversary Collector's Edition

DigitalfreakNYC

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A played a demo of the prequel game and the full game on my friend's Xbox, but I found it rather dull. Is the Original Trilogy part better? Did they improve the general system of gameplay?

I know they did some tweaking to the prequels compared to the original version that came out several years ago. I think they added a level and changed some things in other levels.

It's not meant to be a real difficult game, it's more of a family game for all ages.

I find it fun to play.

I know they did some tweaking to the prequels compared to the original version that came out several years ago. I think they added a level and changed some things in other levels.

It's not meant to be a real difficult game, it's more of a family game for all ages.

I find it fun to play.

I want it for PC :P And those Next gen Grapics...

I'm probably going to get the Star Wars Vault for Christmas. Does anybody have it yet? How is it?

I bought it at a book sale brand new about two weeks before it hit stores for $30. That's less than the $60 cover price, less than the $85 listed at Barnes and Noble.

It's not bad. I admit I read it more before buying than since because I just haven't made the time to do so. I figure I'll sit down soon when I clear off some table space. It is a big, awkward, heavy book. It's got a lot of interesting information and stories to read, eye candy in all the pictures celebrating the movies, and then there's the goodies you can remove from the book, like stickers, cardboard things to fold, mini-books, iron on transfers, replica tickets, etc.

The reason I got it at reduced price, I think, is because it didn't come with the outer box and 2 CDs that the full retail would:

"Two Audio CDs... containing vintage radio ads, original cast interviews, George Lucas' commentary, and even Carrie Fisher singing in the Star Wars Holiday Special."

Hmmmm. For the $50 I saved, I think I got a good deal. I've only listened to one of Lucas' DVD commentaries, I don't want to hear any cast interviews or radio ads, and I've got the Boba Fett cartoon from the Holiday Special. That's about all I want.

I was talking about the book, despite what others are saying. THanks for all this information! Have you listened to the music from Star Tours yet?

• 4 weeks later...
A played a demo of the prequel game and the full game on my friend's Xbox, but I found it rather dull. Is the Original Trilogy part better? Did they improve the general system of gameplay?

its the Original Trilogy, it has to be better

Apparently these (and the 2004) releases are remastered in Sony's DSD (Direct Stream Digital).

Is DSD a gimmick or does it actually make a difference...?

It absolutely does not.

They were fed through DSD, but it had no effect. I believe DSD is a method of transferring master tapes to the digital format. Therefore, it was useless to transfer an already digital sound to the digital format. There are minuscule differences between the RCA and Sony sets due to the fake application of DSD, but there is no improvement in sound quality.