Dracula Soundtrack

jerrygollay

For Years I have the CD recording ,I am surprised that no one pointed that on the track called "To Scarborough " after the brief tutti ,a click can be heard an the stereophonic image become thinner ...

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sound on that CD is shite!

The sound of this CD moving me less than Your animate boobs , but it seems collectors are seeking this title for such a long time ...I am curirous if the japanese MCA Victor release have the same problems , I got the JAWS and Jaws 2 japanese and the sound is superior than the MCA( J 1 ) and Varese ( J 2 )release of the titles !!!

The sound on that CD is shite!

The sound of this CD moving me less than Your animate boobs , but it seems collectors are seeking this title for such a long time ...I am curirous if the japanese MCA Victor release have the same problems , I got the JAWS and Jaws 2 japanese and the sound is superior than the MCA( J 1 ) and Varese ( J 2 )release of the titles !!!

Why would the Japanese versions be better, I wonder? What exactlyt is different? Compression? EQ?

Why would the Japanese versions be better, I wonder? What exactlyt is different? Compression? EQ?

The sound between American and Japanese LP where differents , I know some mixing focus more on high notes , for The CDs, I give another exemple , when I got E.T. Japanese MCA release it was DDD the dynamic was fantastic , AAD and flat sound in the rest of the world ... Now for the Varese / MCA , I noticed that between , for exemple " attack on the water skier" the track doesnt fade the same way , so, may be , the master isn't similar for both release, I actually use HIFI to listen music , and I am just curious to know if someone noticed this disagrement in the DRACULA soundtrack...And if this is the same on the Japanese release...

Unless they recorded it with different equipment - which I doubt.

The "normal" OST release is so hissy it couldn't possibly have been a digital recording. ;)

Yes E.T. soundtrack was digitally recorded but for some reason that escape me, was only release like that in Japan with its fantastic sound , as well as Poltergeist and Outland were Digitally recorded but released on CD as analog recording ...

The "normal" OST release is so hissy it couldn't possibly have been a digital recording. ;)

Yes E.T. soundtrack was digitally recorded but for some reason that escape me, was only release like that in Japan with its fantastic sound , as well as Poltergeist and Outland were Digitally recorded but released on CD as analog recording ...

May I ask what is your source of such information?

I'm not jerrygollay but let me answer this question in his name.

DSC00586-1.jpg

That means digitally re-recorded from an analog master. The old Cd labels are often misleading.

Nothing in the 80's and early 90's was recorded digitally.

That means digitally re-recorded from an analog master. The old Cd labels are often misleading.

It's a photo of an LP which was released in 1982.

Nothing in the 80's and early 90's was recorded digitally.

Sorry, digital recording goes back to the 70s. The Black Hole (Disney) is one of the first scores recorded digitally.

Alex

No it wasnt. Digital recording was only a few seconds at that time.

What you see on Cd's as DDR, is a lie. music was only recorded in full digital in the late 90's. And then it was remastered in analog to give it a warm compressed sound.

According to Steve Hoffman who mastered the original CD release for E.T,

"ET was recorded on four channel 1/2" analog tape at 15 ips Dolby A with a split "mixed" feed to Botnick's two-track digital machine. From that he DIGITALLY edited the soundtrack album onto a 1610 digital master."

Original post:

http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showpost...amp;postcount=5

No it wasnt. Digital recording was only a few seconds at that time.

What you see on Cd's as DDR, is a lie. music was only recorded in full digital in the late 90's. And then it was remastered in analog to give it a warm compressed sound.

I think you are confusing digital recording with digital samplers (musical instruments). Digital recording happened with digital reel to reel recorders (tape) which were already available since the early 70s. The first commercial recordings came out by the end of the 70s. In 1982 Donald Fagen released the first fully digital recorded pop album.

I guess the landing on the moon is also a lie?

843e124128a00f804731c010.L.jpg

Alex

His ass.
Tss, Tss ...
No it wasnt. Digital recording was only a few seconds at that time.What you see on Cd's as DDR, is a lie. music was only recorded in full digital in the late 90's. And then it was remastered in analog to give it a warm compressed sound.
DDR means Dutsch Democratic Republic ...

Also, Star Trek was recorded with digital equipment on...79.

Unless they recorded it with different equipment - which I doubt.The "normal" OST release is so hissy it couldn't possibly have been a digital recording. :blink:
I'm not jerrygollay but let me answer this question in his name.DSC00586-1.jpg
Thank You Alex !!!

I guess the landing on the moon is also a lie?

Indeed, it IS.

I hate when people say that garbage. I really, really do. And there wasn't just one moon landing. There were several. Russia had tracking that was just as sophisticated as what the U.S. had. If they'd faked the whole thing, the Russians would have blown the whistle when they saw nothing go up and I wouldn't blame them for a second. The United States would have become the laughing stock of the world.

Not only that, but if you say the moon landings were fake then I guess you think the crew of the Apollo 13 was never in any real danger since they were headed to the moon as well. It was all fake. Just a huge publicity stunt. :blink:

I find a link abou E.T. soundtrack the Japanese release 32XD 304 You can read clearly Digitally Recorded , Mixed and Mastered , I never got the american release with the same notations :MCAD 37264 .

http://www.soundtrackcollector.com/catalog...hp?movieid=1562

:blink:

And yes, back then it was probably 16 bit, 44.1khz. There's nothing wrong with that. Only, I've read that the first digital recordings suffered from metallic highs. The violins in E.T. (on the normal version) do sound a bit metallic.

:blink:

And yes, back then it was probably 16 bit, 44.1khz. There's nothing wrong with that. Only, I've read that the first digital recordings suffered from metallic highs. The vionins in E.T. (on the normal version) do sound a bit metallic.

The Dutch Republic has the same initials as Dance Dance Revolution. How lame.

I hate when people say that garbage. I really, really do. And there wasn't just one moon landing. There were several. Russia had tracking that wasjust as sophisticated as what the U.S. had. If they'd faked the whole thing, the Russians would have blown the whistle when they saw nothing go up and I wouldn't blame them for a second. The United States would have become the laughing stock of the world.

Not only that, but if you say the moon landings were fake then I guess you think the crew of the Apollo 13 was never in any real danger since they were headed to the moon as well. It was all fake. Just a huge publicity stunt. :huh:

two words.: Capricorn One

just think about it....maybe they landed, maybe not