Your apartment has caught fire . . .

Josh500

. . . and you only got time to save 10 of your JW CDs. Which will they be?

Obviously you wanna save those CDs that are OOP. So I would say:

HA2

Presumed Innocent

BOTFOJ

Nixon

JFK

Amistad

Raiders

ToD

AA

Sabrina

Hmmm. This thread could be a lifesaver . . .

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

EDIT EDIT: actually actually, I'd go down w/ my CDs, like how Gollum goes down w/ the One Ring.

EDIT: actually, I'd just get my CD case and my laptop.

These are NOT my favorite scores...I'm just picking them to get some variety. This was a very hard list to make.

In no order:

1. Prisoner of Azkaban

2. ROTK

3. Jurassic Park

4. Last Crusade

5. Superman: The Movie

6. Jaws 2

7. Lion King

8. POTC: AWE

9. By Request...The Best of John Williams and the Boston Pops

10. Nightmare Before Christmas

Of course, if I were smart, I would just get the rare ones

I'd grab my cat and my iPod.

I have my entire JW collection in aluminium cd case, which I can grab and throw out the window.

If you're asking which cd's we regard the most valuable ones we own, I'd say the ones which are most difficult to replace:

1) Temple of Doom

2) The Paper Chase

3) The Fury LP

4) Dracula LP

5) Star Wars LP

6) Sound of Glory

7) Fitzwilly

8) The Last Crusade

(Also my signed Hilary Hahn collection, but it's only about JW here.)

If you're asking which are the most valuable ones in an emotional kind of way, I'd say:

1) Cinema Serenade

2) Sabrina

3) Williams on Williams

4) Jurassic Park

5) Sound of Glory

6) Call of the Champions

7) Hook

8) Harry Potter:SS

9) Music from the Star Wars Saga

10)Greatest Hits 1969-1999

I'd grab my wife and my cat....and yeah pretty much my iPod...since there's 160 Gigs of music on it.

Maybe I should have been clearer. All your loved ones (incl. your cat) are in safety. You are the last one in the apartment. It is getting hot-hot-hot, and time is running out. And that is when your eye happens on your beloved John Williams CD shelf. But there are way too many to carry them all, so you have to choose 10 CDs you do wanna save . . . you have 10 seconds. IT IS TRULY A LIFE OR DEATH SITUATION . . .

I'd save my cat .

I'd get back my music some other way.

but if I had c.d.'s to save:

Superman Rhino

CEo3K special Edition

Raiders Expanded

Heartbeeps

Spacecamp

Witches of Eastwick

Temple of Doom

Star Wars SE's

E.T. gold disk

I'd grab my wife and my cat....and yeah pretty much my iPod...since there's 160 Gigs of music on it.

Wow, you got the new one?

I was on a first generation iPod, so I felt it was time to upgrade.

Then I'd get my 2 CD set of Ben-Hur and the 2 CD set of Gone With The Wind.Oh, forgot to mention: I'd willingly throw any Hans Zimmer CD I had left in my car back into the fire.

If that happend, I'd be standing on the ruins of my house on November 6th waiting for the mail man.
:blink::fouetaa::fouetaa:
Then I'd get my 2 CD set of Ben-Hur and the 2 CD set of Gone With The Wind.Oh, forgot to mention: I'd willingly throw any Hans Zimmer CD I had left in my car back into the fire.
:fouetaa:

I'd save my dog and family.

My music would probably be the least of my worries, but if I really had to choose, I would take my Zune or flash drive with all my music on it.

I'd grab pictures of my loved ones, and Ms Frances, music can be replaced but pictures can't

I'd put out the fire.

Duh.

Whaddya mean "Noooooooooo !!!" ?!?

ST-movie23.jpg

[Kirk]I don't believe in a no-win scenario.[/Kirk]

Besides, my favorite CDs are already all stored together in a CD case, ready to be grabbed on the fly :( .

I'd grab my cat and my iPod.

I'd snatch my external hardrive and iPod. Both of those have all my music, however, I buy CD's for the joy of owning them, so I would grab my laundry basket and dump all my CDs in it and run like hell. Oh yeah, and the cat thing as well, although I have 4 cats.

EDIT: Doesn't insurance replace a lot of stuff? There's too much precious to me. I would burn with all my things since there is literally too much to save. 500+ DVDs, PS3, CDs, books, et cetera.

I'd save my dog and family.

Wow, so many cat people on the board! I'm glad I'm not the only dog person around.

Actually, I'd grab my dog and my neighbor's wife; she is HOT!

Don't have either pet then.

Cats are selfish, mean, and self-absorbed. Why would I want a pet that is the exact reflection of myself?

Dog's domesticated look to you as the master. If you don't save that Dog, it's unhappy spirit will haunt you, cling to you and ultimately destroy you.

but if I had c.d.'s to save:

Superman Rhino

CEo3K special Edition

Raiders Expanded

Heartbeeps

Spacecamp

Witches of Eastwick

Temple of Doom

Star Wars SE's

E.T. gold disk

Oh no, turns out it were all CD-Rs. Now you have to go back into the fire, Mark.

I don't have cats so I'd have just to save my iPod...but seeing burning down (or destroyed in some other way) the house where I've been living 23 of my 25 years of life is personally the worst tragedy I could ever imagine...losing everything, every object, every memory, all the photos...

Actually, I'd grab my dog and my neighbor's wife; she is HOT!

She is not in danger you idiot!

Sounds like someone wants to be the neighbor's hot wife! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I'm sorry but I was just pointing out that it's about the cds.

I own all his CD's and every CD for every composer associated with Hans. :thumbup:

Cats > Dogs.

A dog can't survive on it's own, plus they're stupid and dirty. Cats take little to no care, plus they're pleasant to be around. I don't understand the whole myth that cats are mean, all you do is don't piss it off and you'll be fine.

Cats > Dogs.

A dog can't survive on it's own, plus they're stupid and dirty. Cats take little to no care, plus they're pleasant to be around. I don't understand the whole myth that cats are mean, all you do is don't piss it off and you'll be fine.

But forget intelligence, is that the dog's fault? Cats are just, in general, moodier. Dogs don't need to hide their affection--if they love you, they run up and kiss you. If they hate you, they'll ignore you. Cats seem to almost always ignore you, so there really isn't an affection. Cats would make much better buisness partners. Dogs make better companions. :unsure:

I like cats just fine, but dogs are called man's best friend for a reason. There's a mutual need we both have that the other fulfills, definitely moreso than any other animal. And in the end, I value a lot of other qualities over basic intelligence in general, whether it's humans, dogs, cats, or whatever - qualities that dogs tend to demonstrate more freely than cats. But this debate can get just about as ugly as politics od religion, so I'll leave at saying both can be great companions, and are certainly superior to most humans in many ways.

Ray Barnsbury

I like cats just fine, but dogs are called man's best friend for a reason. There's a mutual need we both have that the other fulfills, definitely moreso than any other animal. And in the end, I value a lot of other qualities over basic intelligence in general, whether it's humans, dogs, cats, or whatever - qualities that dogs tend to demonstrate more freely than cats. But this debate can get just about as ugly as politics od religion, so I'll leave at saying both can be great companions, and are certainly superior to most humans in many ways.

Ray Barnsbury

I agree with you 101% about that bold part. We give them love, attention, and the basics (shelter, food, water, etc.). They give us joy and happiness, more than any cat could ever.

C.D.'s!??!! What are THOSE?! :unsure:

Rare is smart to save but -- that doesn't make it pleasurable to listen to, so I'd have to say:

1-Far and Away

2-Sabrina

3-Angela's Ashes

4-Horray for Hollywood (Boston Pops)

5-Hook (2-set)

6-Jurassic Park

7-Williams On Williams (Boston Pops)

8-Jane Eyre

9-Summon the Heroes

10-The Five Sacred Trees