Any Film Composers Here?

starbucks

Not sure if this where I should post, but am curious if anyone here compose for film,television,or theatre. I am a filmmaker and by spring I will need to find a composer.Anyone know of any?Thanks!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you insinuating that my plethora of polls regarding subjects such as leitmotifs, cinema scores, and other extraordinary topics are transforming me into that which is egotistical?

Told you I was John Williams. :(

Not sure if this where I should post, but am curious if anyone here compose for film,television,or theatre. I am a filmmaker and by spring I will need to find a composer.Anyone know of any?Thanks!

Jesse Hopkins (screen name Jeshopk).

John- who knows there's nothing about John Williams Miguel doesn't know

Okay, prove it. Name one thing about John Williams that no one else would know (not even Miguel).

If no one else knows it, how can he prove it's true?

On my 12th birthday, I ate an apple which my parents told me to be poisioned, only to find that they were joking.

You see that proves you are not John Williams.

The man can't even remember he wrote a love theme in the original Star Wars trilogy, and you want us to believe that he would remember something like that?

Okay, prove it. Name one thing about John Williams that no one else would know (not even Miguel).

If no one else knows it, how can he prove it's true?

. . . :(

You're ruining it!

I've scored several films.

What is the music budget?

Some older works of mine are on MySpace, but you can PM me for additional samples, if you're interested.

Where and when would you imagine recording would take place (I'm usually back and forth between continents quite a bit, and would have to schedule things carefully).

What size of ensemble would you require/ does the budget allow?

Alright already. I'll admit it. I'm John Williams. ;)

no, no.....I'm John Williams.

;)

You certainly are confused enough to be John Williams...or maybe you don't understand...I AM JOHN WILLIAMS!!!!!!

Not to rip on you, but thousands of filmmakers say this kind of thing all the time. It usually ends in nothing.

What are you doing that is different? Why will your project film go to completion?

I have composed for a number of short films up here in Toronto.

PM me and tell me more about your film project if you could.

-Dave

p.s. AI, why must you always be the voice of negativity??? Leave the guy alone already. If he wants to solicit composers on this forum I see no problem with it. It's between him and the other forum members who might be interested. Sheesh.

I composed several pieces over the last few years, some film scores and I'm almost done with a symphony. I'm certainly no John Williams, but I like to pride myself on striving to create music that meshes well with the film, while retaining interest on its own. There are plenty of good composers here, but I'd very much like to hear more about your project.

p.s. AI, why must you always be the voice of negativity??? Leave the guy alone already. If he wants to solicit composers on this forum I see no problem with it. It's between him and the other forum members who might be interested. Sheesh.

Perhaps because I have more experience? I know what it's like dealing with this kind of person.

They promise the world, but deliver nothing.

I have done it many times over.

I can spot a phony a mile away.

AI has a point. But I think it's a bit too soon to say if the OP has some real production going on or not. But I have been in the situation a couple of times, delivering small demos, quotes etc. with projects that end up not happening. That's the business I guess. But as long as you don't do a lot of work for free, I think it's best to see if it happens or not. But yes, you do grow tired of essentially wasting your time on doubtful projects at some point, and hopefully get the luxury of being able to pick the projects you believe in and which give you a decent paycheck.

hello ,

i scored a starwars movie !!!!!! (well ... i scored a SW Fan Film ... LOL , so, i'm NOT john williams).

i scored a canadian video game too ....who had disastrous selling...

you can listen to my works here : www.didiermartini.com

as i'm still an amateur , i would love find small projects or short movie to work on .... i'll do it for free !! (for now ;) .