Favorite Current TV Shows

John Crichton

Currently downloading Season 2 of DEXTER. Best series to come out of the US since STAR TREK: VOYAGER, SIX FEET UNDER and T.J. HOOKER.

More macabre stuff please.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody else see the most recent The Office? I loved how Michael's commercial was soooo good!!

Yeah, it was. I was expecting it to be horrible, and it only turned out to be a little racist!

Yes! It was definitely the best episode this season (while I loved having it on for an hour, I think it feels quicker and sharper in the half-hour format). The ad at the end of the episode made my life complete! ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpLmhctiTjY

Ray Barnsbury

I know! I love how just when you think you get to know the character, just when you think they're getting too predictable, they throw in something unexpected - Dwight comforting Jan in season 3, Michael going to Pam's artshow (same season), Jim comforting Dwight when he

breakups up with Angela

, and Michael being a really creative, great commercial maker - it really makes the show a lot better. You never quite know whats coming next.

And btw, for all those who want to see the Office, you can catch all of season 4 on nbc.com.

indy4 - who thinks it's rather strange that the show we're talking about in General Discussion has no music in it. ;)

I still watch Heroes regularly, but it's more fun to laugh at than anything else. Entertainment Weekly recently had a spot-on article about the show's creative decline. I especially like the comment about Matt and Suresh, who are basically TV's latest gay couple.

Ray Barnsbury

South Park.

The anti-Simpsons in that it keeps getting better with each new season. Put it down to dedication by Stone and Parker.

I can't wait for part 3 of the Imaginationland saga tonight.

The Office shut down production indefinitely today, as a result of the recent Writers Guild of America (WGA) strike. Apparently, the WGA has been in negotiations with the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers (AMPTP), most notably over the issues of residuals for DVD sales and New Media/downloads. Anyway, this is bad news for TV viewers, as every scripted show on television will be affected sooner or later (basically, everything that's not a reality or game show). The late night shows (Leno, Conan, Letterman, etc) were the first to go off the air, as they're written the day they broadcast, and most other scripted shows only have a few episodes completed in advance. So..this sucks, and supporting the WGA is really the best way to end this and get our shows back.

Here's a good article on the strike, specifically as related to The Office, with contact info for voicing your support for the WGA. And here's an official petition to sign.

Apparently Lost has 8 episodes completed.

I get the feeling this strike won't be resolved any time soon,which could lead to a very boring winter.

At least Survivor won't be affected

K.M.

At least Survivor won't be affected

K.M.

Survivor is beyond these kind of ordeals. Survivor is forever.

Anyway, this is bad news for TV viewers, as every scripted show on television will be affected sooner or later (basically, everything that's not a reality or game show).

Oh, it's worse news for TV executives. The strike will be resolved soon since there's big money to be lost if it doesn't.

The fact that all these shows are having to shut down shows that without writers, they don't broadcast - simple as that. Do these thick-headed, greedy execs understand that? Does 4c per DVD really cause them huge grief?

But yeah, it almost sucks.

The Office shut down production indefinitely today, as a result of the recent Writers Guild of America (WGA) strike. Apparently, the WGA has been in negotiations with the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers (AMPTP), most notably over the issues of residuals for DVD sales and New Media/downloads. Anyway, this is bad news for TV viewers, as every scripted show on television will be affected sooner or later (basically, everything that's not a reality or game show). The late night shows (Leno, Conan, Letterman, etc) were the first to go off the air, as they're written the day they broadcast, and most other scripted shows only have a few episodes completed in advance. So..this sucks, and supporting the WGA is really the best way to end this and get our shows back.

Here's a good article on the strike, specifically as related to The Office, with contact info for voicing your support for the WGA. And here's an official petition to sign.

Hope it's over soon.

indy4 - who just got the office season 2. I got season 3 as a gift, they didn't have season 1 at the store, so I guess I'm seeing them all backwards.

So I've been watching Season 3 of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, and came across the best episode of the season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOwmgTvQNl0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSMza6yWSp8

Charlie is my favorite human being on the planet.

Actually, I just watched that clip from a link by someone at the IMDb forums. Hmm...

But yeah, it's those random quick moments that could easily be improvisations that are often the funniest parts of the show.

• 2 weeks later...

Finished watching Season 1 and 2 of the Office a while ago, so now I've seen them all.

They were HILARIOUS!!!

Oh, and I can now appreciate your old iJam sig, Ray.

Yes, without a doubt!

I had actually known that

Pam and Jim kissed

, because Pam has that flashback type thing in the first episode of Season 3. What I didn't know was what a cliff-hanger they left everybody who was up to date with the Office at the end! I would have killed myself if I had seen that, not knowing what would happen later!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've become rather partial to No Reservations, the travelshow aired here on Discovery Travel & Living. Hosted by New York chef cook and enfant-terrible Anthony Bourdain, who travels the world endulging himself in local cuisine and customs.

Doesn't sound particulary interesting, but Bordain's New York sarcasm, sometimes sullen mood and his eagerness to try everything (eating a still beating Cobra heart, or a seals eyeball) makes it riveting television

• 10 months later...

I've recently been watching Showtime's Dexter, which is a really great, unique show. The score is actually pretty good too, creepy in a sort of quirky way.

And for the other fans of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia out there, what did you guys think of the season finale last week? It may have been the most amazing half hour of television ever!!

Battlestar Galactica

Lost

The Office US

Scrubs

It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia

The Sarah Silverman Program

House MD

Big Love

30 Rock

The Shield

Heroes

The Soup

Doctor Who

The Office

How I Met Your Mother

Scrubs (back in January, yay!)

Robot Chicken

...and to a lesser degree...

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (mainly due to the presence of Summer Glau from Firefly)

Heroes (sadly fallen from the heights of Season 1, but still entertaining and at least more interesting than the standard cop show/lawyer show/doctor show types that bore me to death nowadays)

Oooh I forgot about HIMYM

Goddamn, I hope they introduce the mother character soon. It's season frickin' 4! Let's go!

• 1 month later...

Battlestar Galactica returns this Friday!! :jump:

Big Love this Sunday!! :ola:

Lost returns Wednesday!! ;)

Scrubs is already back!! ;)

Dollhouse starts Feb 13!! :joy:

:lurk::thumbup:

Interesting to see what I was watching on TV over a year ago.

The Wire, HBO

House MD, Fox

Curb Your Enthusiasm, HBO

Dexter, Showtime

Flight of the Concords, HBO

Top Chef, Bravo

Dirty Jobs, Discovery

Cathouse, HBO

Wire is done, not into House anymore, CYE is done, I still watch Dexter, Flight of the Concords just started its second season, I still watch Top Chef, not into Dirty Jobs anymore and I think Cathouse is also finished, haven't seen a new one in ages.

Since then, I've really gotten into "The Closer" and I also love the History Channel's "Evolve" and "Universe" series.

Actually on the nights none of my shows are on I find myself watching the Home And Garden Channel and Food Network.

Also the History Channel's Extreme Trains show is another favorite.