Born on the Fourth of July promo-single

Timo Martikainen

Half year ago I found Born on the Fourth of July promo-single from local web-auction (huuto.net). All of my promo-recordings have earlier contained those same tracks than the normal version so I just put the cd in my bookcase and forgot it.

One of my friend never had heard about John Williams and asked me about that single. I was shocked when I played it to her and found a version of the main theme I had never heard. There is a version which have more powerful ending.

Promo is pressed MCA-promo (MCA CD45-18122) and has two tracks. Both are named "Born on the Fourth of July" and first is 3:25 in length and second 3:55.

Can these tracks be found from another cd?

I'am quite sure that you can found the promo from eDonkey-network ;)

Hello,

Two promo singles were released. One featured two of the songs from the era and the "Early Years" track. The other is the one not mentioned.

I never had the chance to aquire it, or have acess to both tracks.

I do have the longer 3:55 long track, as it was also released on another promo CD called Reel Music. But as far as I know this is only a remix of the music, with some percussion added (probably synth percussion).

If you can have acess to the tracks, please PM me :(

Thanks for your response!

But as far as I know this is only a remix of the music, with some percussion added (probably synth percussion).

If you can have acess to the tracks, please PM me :(

It has some synth percussion added but I am not sure if is a remix. I will PM and ask your opinion.

Thanks for your response!
But as far as I know this is only a remix of the music, with some percussion added (probably synth percussion).

If you can have acess to the tracks, please PM me :blink:

It has some synth percussion added but I am not sure if is a remix. I will PM and ask your opinion.

There is a bit, at least, from 0:19 to 0:26, that isn't on the regular release of the score. Have to check the complete bootleg to be sure that isn't there either.

There is a bit, at least, from 0:19 to 0:26, that isn't on the regular release of the score. Have to check the complete bootleg to be sure that isn't there either.

You can find something similar from the first track from complete bootleg but it is orchestrated slightly differently. The whole track has many similarities and it think my promo version might not be a remix or made from clips. It migth even be an alternate take from the film score.

First track from the complete-bootleg is not really from the movie. It was recorded for Boston Pops CD (Music for Stage and Screen).

Just listened to both tracks. I'm at work so I can't give them my full atention, but it seems that the shorter version simply has the final 20 or so seconds cut off.

I analyzed and compared both of them with some audiosoftware and I found that the beginnings are identical and they are from the same source.

If someone else is interested in hearing my promo, just PM me.

• 12 years later...