Aliens vs. Predator- Requiem (2007)

Damo

Another Aliens vs. Predator movie about to come out soon called the "Aliens vs. Predator- Requiem". The Directors are promising a dark, scary one. Its looks blood thirsty on the trailer preview. Anyone interested in seeing this?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like a piece of shit.

Just like the first one.

Actually it looks absolutely nothing like the first one. It's not rated PG-13, it's not directed by Paul Anderson, and the directors have cited the first Alien as the inspiration for the look and feel of the movie. Even if you're not interested in the least bit, it definitely has more promise than the first AvP.

Hopefully they'll remember that the first Predator film as well as the first two Alien films were successful because they had a good script that told a good story.

Anything related to Paul W.S. Anderson is hot steamy poop. Just because this is rated R and is supposed to be more like the original Alien films, doesn't make it anything more than what it is, which is a pile of hot steamy poop.

I think they should have gone with the original title: Alien vs. Predator - Round 2.

Hilarious occurrence: My brother and I were watching AVP on HBO when it premiered back then, and we realized the black guy in there was the same black guy from Resident Evil. So we were like, he died by getting cut into diamond chunks in RE, wouldn't it be hilarious if he died the same way? We laughed it off, knowing it wasn't possible. Then, time comes in the film and the same guy gets wrapped in a net by the Predator, which then resumes to constrict and tighten, cutting him into diamond-shaped chunks.

It is definitely one of the funniest occurrences that has ever happened in my life, I can't even tell you how long I laughed.

Anything related to Paul W.S. Anderson is hot steamy poop. Just because this is rated R and is supposed to be more like the original Alien films, doesn't make it anything more than what it is, which is a pile of hot steamy poop.

...which still doesn't change the fact that you haven't seen it, so you can't really call it crap yet. The R-rating means that the filmmakers aren't as restricted by the studios to dumb down the film. Ratings and marketing can make or break a movie.

And Anderson is not the driving creative force this time, so that should make a HUGE difference. It didn't help the first AvP that it was too similar to Anderson's previous film, Resident Evil.

Hopefully they'll remember that the first Predator film as well as the first two Alien films were successful because they had a good script that told a good story.

What are these concepts you speak of? They ring a bell...

I can call it crap.

Without even seeing it yet, how can you say?

Can't just judge by the advertisements or the trailers until see the actual film.

Considering each film since Aliens and the first Predator have gotten worse it's hard to believe this one will be any better. If they haven't figured it out thru 4 films what makes you believe they'll finally get it right?

Just because this film gets an R rating compared to a PG-13 doesn't mean it's going to be good.

Considering each film since Aliens and the first Predator have gotten worse it's hard to believe this one will be any better. If they haven't figured it out thru 4 films what makes you believe they'll finally get it right?

Just because this film gets an R rating compared to a PG-13 doesn't mean it's going to be good.

Doesn't mean it's going to be bad either. And look at the James Bond series - it's had 21 films, and the first 4 weren't the best. And was Batman Begins not a better film than Batman and Robin and Batman Forever?

Doesn't mean it's going to be bad either. And look at the James Bond series - it's had 21 films, and the first 4 weren't the best.

Huh? 8O

They're still fine films. And FRWL, GF and TB certainly all beat any of the Roger Moore films any day of the week and twice on Sunday!

They don't necessarily beat The Spy Who Loved Me, which is a great great Bond film(Thunderball isn't even in the same league).

And I do want to see this movie, I'm considered one of the most close minded persons here, yet Im keeping an open mind, I think the trailer looks great, though you can see the ending from the moon. The town in the film is going to get nuked, and rightly so.

Doesn't mean it's going to be bad either. And look at the James Bond series - it's had 21 films, and the first 4 weren't the best.

Huh? 8O

You implied that none of the Alien or Predator sequels were as good as the originals. However this does not rule out future sequels from being superior. Other series like James Bond and Batman have pulled it off recently though, so there's no reason to automatically assume that AvP2 will suck because of past movies.

I do not agree. I know Connery is sleepwalking through it, and his transformation into a Japanese man is less then convincing, but the film looks breathtaking, has a brilliant score, a solid story and ninja's.

I've always had a very soft spot for You Only Live Twice....for some reason

Burga - who thinks The Spy Who Loved Me is terrific too

The Spy Who Loved Me is good, but I like For Your Eyes Only more. But I prefer the first four Connerys to either of them.

As for AvP 2, I'll probably wait until it turns up on TV. It might be decent, but I don't particularly want to spend £7 to find out. The first AvP was terrible.

Yes, Aliens versus Predator was absolutely horrible in almost every way. From the stupid premise to the characters, to the ruining of Bishop. to the CGI Predator facial emotions and CGI Mother Alien... The crap 'heroine', the shoddy score, the idiotic cinematography.... I can not believe what a wasted opportunity this was. I consider it fan fiction. This new one is being directed by more 'fans', so I expect more fan fiction.

You implied that none of the Alien or Predator sequels were as good as the originals. However this does not rule out future sequels from being superior. Other series like James Bond and Batman have pulled it off recently though, so there's no reason to automatically assume that AvP2 will suck because of past movies.

I know what you mean, I said huh? because of your statement concerning the first four Bond films as not being the best.

I found that rather silly.

I'm willing to give this one a chance. Yeah, it looks like Freddy Vs. Jason in the trailer but Dan O'Bannon co-wrote it so it cannot be all that bad. I also like the Straus' concept of returning to the original franchises tone and feel. Whether they will be successful or not is another thing. I'm just glad Paul Anderson isn't directing. He's a crap director and shares his name with an infinitely better one (P.T. Anderson).

As for the score, I think Tyler will do some good things. I still think his best score was for Frailty. Creepy.

Edit- I would love to see Predator vs. Jason. Think about it- a movie where Jason is being hunted and has to rely on his wits (or whatever) to avoid getting bitch slapped by the Predators would be interesting. Either that or else Predators systematically hunt down every maniac that spawned a franchise, like Michael Myers (he wouldn't last long), Freddie (yeah, I'd love to see him in a PRedator's dreams), the hicks from Wrong Turn, the mutated hicks from The Hills Have Eyes. Think about it- they could wipe out all prospects of more irritating slasher films in one shot.

It would be cool to see the Hulk against a Predator but then again, it wouldn't last long. Hulk would mutilate a hundred Predators. Gee, this is fun! I feel like a geeky comic-book reading kid again :P

There's an article here on the new movie, though there is a rather cool photo that may ruin a surprise in the film for you.

Neil

I don't know why, but I reserve some hope for this. At the very least, it will hopefully be better than the first, but that isn't saying much. :P

I can call it crap.

Can't just judge by the advertisements or the trailers until see the actual film.

Yes I can. I can easily say it will be crap based on the trailer.

It's easier to call it crap based on the title: Alien vs. Predator: Requiem!

The fact that you have an Alien, and a Predator, fighting in Round 2, makes it extremely easy for me to call it crap.

I can call it crap.

Yes I can. I can easily say it will be crap based on the trailer.

You can call the trailer crap, but if you have a brain in your head then you'll know that movies are often very different from their trailers. Going in to Titanic after seeing the action-packed trailer, I was not aware that 2/3 of the film would be spent as a love story..... :)

in otherwords his small mind cannot conceive of it succeeding.

Yeah, because enjoying a fun MV score is definitely a sign of lesser intelligence, hating scores that aren't quite as fantastic as their predecessors is a sign of refined tastes, and rightly predicting that this upcoming film will probably be crap is certainly a sign of small-mindedness.

Goodness, I'm sick of this place. :)

in otherwords his small mind cannot conceive of it succeeding.

Yeah, because enjoying a fun MV score is definitely a sign of lesser intelligence, hating scores that aren't quite as fantastic as their predecessors is a sign of refined tastes, and rightly predicting that this upcoming film will probably be crap is certainly a sign of small-mindedness.

Goodness, I'm sick of this place. :)

BYE BYE

whaaa, whaaaa.

you know you could be wrong, but so many have been rather stupid about AVP Requim being bad. Yes the greater possibility is the film will not be very good, but you could be like one of the fools that said ohhh Titanic has been delayed from summer to winter so it will be a huge failure, in other words the film could be good.

have fun at the MV website, I hear they are trying to add one and one to get two, after several weeks of trying they've almost solved it.

you know you could be wrong, but so many have been rather stupid about AVP Requim being bad. Yes the greater possibility is the film will not be very good, but you could be like one of the fools that said ohhh Titanic has been delayed from summer to winter so it will be a huge failure, in other words the film could be good.

If you're referring to my post about Titanic, then you read it wrong. I said that the trailer was not an accurate portrayal of the movie.

If you're referring to my post about Titanic, then you read it wrong. I said that the trailer was not an accurate portrayal of the movie.

I did not reference your post about Titanic, I was referring to how it was being thought of as the next big boxoffice bomb back in 1997.

Now I must go and find your post as you've peaked my curiosity.

Goodbye then!
BYE BYE

whaaa, whaaaa.

Thanks for your kind words, guys. Knew I could count on you.

have fun at the MV website, I hear they are trying to add one and one to get two, after several weeks of trying they've almost solved it.

That's a problem I doubt they'll ever solve, and a website I doubt I'll ever go near.

See ya.

- Datameister, signing out.

Goodbye then!
BYE BYE

whaaa, whaaaa.

Thanks for your kind words, guys. Knew I could count on you.

That's a problem I doubt they'll ever solve, and a website I doubt I'll ever go near.

See ya.

- Datameister, signing out.

come back Shannnnne,

come back.

I did not reference your post about Titanic, I was referring to how it was being thought of as the next big boxoffice bomb back in 1997.

Now I must go and find your post as you've peaked my curiosity.

Roger that. :)

If RC is so bad, why do they keep making money?? Oh right, they're actually talented in a way! If they were as bad most of you say, none of the composers should be able to get work. Call me an idiot, but that also means basically everyone in the film industry are idiots too.

I think most of you forget that Steven Spielberg actually likes Hans Zimmer.