Aliens vs. Predator- Requiem (2007)

Damo

I won't call you an idiot. At the moment at least, I am trying to get over the fact that, in your mind, the fact they make money means they're good.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:P @ Hitch

But really, they are talented. The thing that's frustrating is the overusage of the MV/RC composing mold--the synthetic orchestras, emphasis on chords (particularly staccato quarter notes), power anthems, and electronic frills. It can be cool the first time or two, but the constant usage of it, and extending at least elements of it to genres where it is not appropos--or at the very least, doesn't complement the film as well as it could--is very frustrating. That's why Zimmer, Powell, and Gregson-Williams stand out, because they can and do branch out and do other things musically.

If RC is so bad, why do they keep making money??

I've been wondering the same thing about Microsoft for years.

Oh right, they're actually talented in a way!

Talented in marketing, at least.

If RC is so bad, why do they keep making money?? Oh right, they're actually talented in a way! If they were as bad most of you say, none of the composers should be able to get work. Call me an idiot, but that also means basically everyone in the film industry are idiots too.

I think most of you forget that Steven Spielberg actually likes Hans Zimmer.

Judging by what Hollywood considers to entertainment most people in today's film industry are idiots.

And in case you haven't noticed Spielberg has lost some of his magic over the last 10 years.

Spielberg has zero magic IMO.

I wouldn't go that far, but his current output is a pale comparison to what he once did.

Goodbye then!
BYE BYE

whaaa, whaaaa.

Thanks for your kind words, guys. Knew I could count on you.

have fun at the MV website, I hear they are trying to add one and one to get two, after several weeks of trying they've almost solved it.

That's a problem I doubt they'll ever solve, and a website I doubt I'll ever go near.

See ya.

- Datameister, signing out.

Nice going, guys. ;)

Goodbye then!
BYE BYE

whaaa, whaaaa.

Thanks for your kind words, guys. Knew I could count on you.

have fun at the MV website, I hear they are trying to add one and one to get two, after several weeks of trying they've almost solved it.

That's a problem I doubt they'll ever solve, and a website I doubt I'll ever go near.

See ya.

- Datameister, signing out.

Nice going, guys. :shakehead:

don't shake your head at me or Stefan, if the kid doesn't have what it takes to stick here, then thats his problem, not ours.

No one asked him to leave, I asked him to come back, now if I were wanting someone to leave it would be......