AI

Calling John Towner Williams  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Would you call him?

• Yes
    • No

Now how's this for a poll?

Here's the scenario;

Let's say, he has a cellphone, and leaves it on, pretty much all the time that he is free to talk. Now through some magical process, you are given this number. You don't have to dial it check if it is him, you know for a fact that it is indeed his cellphone number, and if you dial it, he will answer it.

Would you dial it? Of course you don't have to do it straight away, you can take as much time as you want.

If you like, give your reasons as to why you would, or would not!

AI, back with another one of those block rockin' polls..

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He'd definitely have the CTU ring tone.

That's cuz he's got his act totally together.

- "Hey Johnny, I just loved your latest concerto. It's absolutely magnificent. You definitely earned your place among the greatest classical composers of all time."

- "Yeah."

Better question, what ringtone would he have?

I bet it's a rap song.

I dont know about his cell phone ringtone. But I am pretty sure he did´nt choose a rap song :) He has the boring

common ringtone at his office in LA and in case he´s not there, he has a short average note left on his answering

machine. Just adapting the means to the end...

I'd be too nervous to talk to him, let alone go out and call him on his own phone.

Indeed, me too.

But easily I'd be sending him an SMS asking for the goddamn complete releases ToD and LC, since it's about fuckin' time we should have 'em.

Well, maybe not with this tone.

LEAAAAVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEJOHN WILLIAMMMMMMMMMSSSSSSSSSSSSAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOONNNNNNNNNEEEE

LEAVE HIM ALONE

I would not dream to call him without having some sort of permission to do so. I respect his privacy.

Same here.

LEAAAAVVVVVVVEEEEEEEE JOHN WILLIAMMMMMMMMMSSSSSSSSSSSSAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOONNNNNNNNNEEEELEAVE HIM ALONE

I agree.

I'm sure he has a cell phone but probably leaves it unlisted or doesn't give it out much because of privacy reasons and reasons like this.

No s**t lol

I voted yes..hell yeah. It would be an honor. Even though he would hang up after realizing he doesn't know who the hell I am

or Fame,

I'm gonna live forever. I'm gonna learn how to fly. [HIGH]

I feel it comin' together. People will see me and cry. [FAME]

I'm gonna make it to heaven. Light up the sky like a flame. [FAME]

I'm gonna live forever. Baby, Remember my name.

btw I called his number, all us veteran's have it, get to 10000 posts and we give it too you.

Here is voice mail.

Hi this is John Williams

I'm currently scoring Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls so I'm unavailable to take your call.

Please leave a message when you hear the boom-tzzzzzz.

LEAAAAVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEJOHN WILLIAMMMMMMMMMSSSSSSSSSSSSAAAALLLOOOONNNNNNNNNEEEE

"And how fucking dare ANYONE out there make fun of willy. After all he's been through. He lost his score sheets, he has two fucking copies of chariots of fire, he lost his....(gulp)....black polo kneck. All you people care about is......full scores and making bootlegs off of him. He's a COMPOSER!!!!!!!. What you don't realize is that Willy's making you all this money and you all do is write a bunch of crap about him on web forums. He hasn't performed Black Sunday in years. His song "I could have done more" is called "I could have done more" for a reason, 'cause all you people want is more more more MORE MOOOREEE!!!. .Leave him aloooone...... You're lucky he even conducts for you BASTARDS!!!..... ..LEAVE WILLY ALONE!!!!!!!! ....pleeeeease......Stefancos said if Williams had been a professional, he would have pulled off a great score in the last few years no matter what. Speaking of professionalism, since when has it been professional to publically BASH a composer who's best work was twenty years ago? Leave him ALOOOONE!!........leave...John Williams alone right...NOW!!! ...........I MEAN IT.....ANYONE who has a problem with willy, you deal with ME!!!!..... Because willy's not well right now............(sobbing)..............leave him alone" :P

Btw, no I wouldn't call him.

Speaking of professionalism, since when has it been professional to publically BASH a composer who's best work was twenty years ago?

So Nightmare Before Christmas was his best, oh well, Corpse Bride was still a very very very amazing score.

indy4 - who's favorite score is PoA

So Nightmare Before Christmas was his best

Ah don't worry, it wasn't my actual sentiment. I like a fair bit of his recent works actually. I was just using it to refelect the feeling in some circles on the board, for the purpose of the spoof. :P (and btw, it should have been 30+ years ago...hehe)

I answered without reading the actual post by AI.

I would call if I was given the number personally as Mark said, and would definitely not talk about anything related to scores. Everyday things would be nice.

If I just happened to come across his number, I wouldn't call.

oh, most likely not. The only way I would do that was if I was working with him or was a friend of his and needed something. I refrain from cellphone communication on an everyday basis with just about everyone I know, and I'm 18. I respect his privacy, and if I came across it randomly, I would probably hold on to it, but never use it.

as for his ringtone, it's probably boring. lol.

~JW

The least annoying ringtone is the one that actually sounds like a phone ringing. If I had a mobile phone that's what I would use as a ringtone, but I can't stand the infernal things so I don't want one. I'm far too mature and sophisticated to have a cell phone. And I bet John Williams feels the same as I do so NER NER NER!

LEAAAAVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEJOHN WILLIAMMMMMMMMMSSSSSSSSSSSSAAAALLLOOOONNNNNNNNNEEEE

"And how fucking dare ANYONE out there make fun of willy. After all he's been through. He lost his score sheets, he has two fucking copies of chariots of fire, he lost his....(gulp)....black polo kneck. All you people care about is......full scores and making bootlegs off of him. He's a COMPOSER!!!!!!!. What you don't realize is that Willy's making you all this money and you all do is write a bunch of crap about him on web forums. He hasn't performed Black Sunday in years. His song "I could have done more" is called "I could have done more" for a reason, 'cause all you people want is more more more MORE MOOOREEE!!!. .Leave him aloooone...... You're lucky he even conducts for you BASTARDS!!!..... ..LEAVE WILLY ALONE!!!!!!!! ....pleeeeease......Stefancos said if Williams had been a professional, he would have pulled off a great score in the last few years no matter what. Speaking of professionalism, since when has it been professional to publically BASH a composer who's best work was twenty years ago? Leave him ALOOOONE!!........leave...John Williams alone right...NOW!!! ...........I MEAN IT.....ANYONE who has a problem with willy, you deal with ME!!!!..... Because willy's not well right now............(sobbing)..............leave him alone" ;)

Btw, no I wouldn't call him.

Brilliant! Thank you for that!

Ray Barnsbury