Recently purchased movies / tv series

Trent B

Did Jason delete my "Hahahahahaa"? Is it forbidden to laugh with jokes from now on?

I have no clue in the world what you're talking about. Nobody deleted any posts.

10166392-1310636464-586684_zps463333c3.j

4.90 Euro

Yeah!

Hmmm..

I'm afraid if you bought the Bluray with this cover, it's the old release.

There is a remastered one with this cover:

66814_large.jpg

The audio is now Lossless (DTS- HD MA 5.1) in comparison with the lossy Dolby Digital of the old release, and the video is encoded in AVC with a higher bitrate in comparison to VC1.

Moreover the remastered film is placed in a BD-50, and not in a BD-25 like the old release..

Okay, my Toshiba Blu-ray player won't play it. It says "Wrong disc"! Luckily, the PS3 has no problem with it. Wow, checking the image quality and it looks crazy good. Jaws good!

Wow, it really looks amazing! Razor sharp, clean and popping colors! I never saw it like that!

Okay, my Toshiba Blu-ray player won't play it. It says "Wrong disc"! Luckily, the PS3 has no problem with it. Wow, checking the image quality and it looks crazy good. Jaws good!

Wow, it really looks amazing! Razor sharp, clean and popping colors! I never saw it like that!

So, can you check the info on the audio?

Is it Dolby Digital or DTS-HD MA?

By the way, I wanted to ask something to anyone that has bought the Rocky Heavyweight Collection (US box) including the remastered Rocky.

Is there anyone here?

Audio? Who cares! ;)

Okay, okay, I will check it!

Dolby Digital 5.1 :mellow:

ok, thanks. Yes, it's the old release but as long as you're fine with it...

I was thinking of purchasing the trilogy box, although i haven't seen the 2nd and 3rd film.

Actually I had seen the first half or something from the 3rd film in my childhood. I don't remember anything, i just remember I liked it!

But I'm not sure why i didn't see it all. Maybe it was late (after midnight) and i slept? something like this.

• 1 month later...

Finally bought this, after reading that it'll be out of print soon:

Obsession-3D-BR-Mock-up.jpg

Includes a bound print of Paul Schrader's original screenplay and a poster.

"That eerie sensation that you've seen a stranger before. Everyone's experienced it. Call it déjà vu... this man calls it terror."

I watched that in school as part of my English course. Beautiful film and a beautiful score. Haven't seen it since, must revisit it soon.

EDIT:CINEMA PARADISO. Not Daredevil.

They go out of print quickly?

I got the UK Arrow Bluray of CINEMA PARADISO, and the transfer is simply G O R G E O U S!!

[...]

The Bluray also includes the director's cut (which adds approx. 50 minutes) in a 2nd disc!

I have to get that. The only Tornatore film I've seen so far is Legend of 1900, but I rank that among the greatest films I've seen (and among my top favourites, obviously).

I got the UK Arrow Bluray of CINEMA PARADISO, and the transfer is simply G O R G E O U S!!

[...]

The Bluray also includes the director's cut (which adds approx. 50 minutes) in a 2nd disc!

I have to get that. The only Tornatore film I've seen so far is Legend of 1900, but I rank that among the greatest films I've seen (and among my top favourites, obviously).

I've seen legend of 1900 once long long ago, but I can't say I was thrilled..

They go out of print quickly?

Depends, I think. There are three versions of OBSESSION from Arrow: limited edition (comes with the poster, script book, reversible sleeves), standard and then some sub-standard version with no extras.

The limited edition is on it's way out, but the other versions will still be available.

Arrow's a pretty nice company, almost as good as Criterion. I wish they'd do more 2k and 4k transfers.

I also like their reward program.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, and the audio is a remote-in-hand clusterfuck.

Which reminds me, I haven't watched it in nearly 6 weeks.

How so? Everything I've read about it deems the audio to be reference quality. I just got my copy in the mail too

"Remote-in-hand clusterfuck" just means that it has dynamic range. Yes, it is difficult to watch it for that reason (at least if you have neighbours), but if you want loudness war style film mixes, just set the dynamic compression on your amp to max.

Yeah if I still had my little bachelor pad in town it'd be fine. I used to absolutely blast my movies with DTS etc back then, it was awesome.

But now I'm down to me 2.1s and I have to try and keep the noise down a lot! Which is very difficult with the Master and Commander mix. There are no alternative mixes on the disc unfortunately, which is relatively uncommon.