Recently purchased movies / tv series

Trent B

Just picked up LA Confidential.

Why is that movie so AWESOME?!

Watch it and find out for yourself.

Never seen STF, but I liked the trailer.

I think you will like it, there's something Marian Schedenig about it.

Heat and Goodfellas are much better, though.

No movie purchases for me lately. All though I'm hoping starting this summer I can start switching over to Blu-Ray. I'm glad too to see this thread still going strong. Probably one of the best threads I started lol.

The Assassination Of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford (Blu-Ray)

Amazon had a 3 for 2 sale on blu-rays. Picked up The Patriot Extended Cut, Memento, and Bullit. I'm thinking of adding some Kubrick to my blu. I always wanted to buy his HD movies but never got around to them. Now I can get 2001, A Clockwork Orange, and The Shining for $38.

Expecting Michael Clayton and American Gangster 3-Disc Director's Cut to arrive this Tuesday :lol:

I watched the DC of Kingdom of Heaven again this past week. One of the best DCs out their in terms of improving upon the original film.

Bladerunner The Final Cut.

Wow, it looks pristine! It could have been made yesterday. Except that it looks better, because if it had been made yesterday it would be full of CGI and none of the flying cars, blimps, or buildings would look anything like as real as they do with the models.

That's why I'm wondering if the DC is really that great as people say.

Is it truly a great film?

Or is it merely a huge improvement over the previous version?

Oh well. I'll just enjoy this version.

It is not a great film. But speaking as one who was dissapointed with the TC, the DC delivered on everything I hoped the original cut would, and than some. It has it's problems, but the characters are far stronger and more understandable this time around.

Maybe it was my misunderstanding. As for "Kingdom of Heaven," the director's cut is much better than the theatrical cut. I actually liked that film quite a bit more than many others did, it seems.

Ted

Blade Runner is an extraordinary movie. The new cleaned up cut is stunning.

Ted

The longevity of this film is simply incredible. You did watch it in theater, right? Cool, that's the way one should see this movie (same goes for that other visual extravaganza, 2001: ASO)!

Alex - who finds most movies from that period (1982) dated like an old funfair ride (especially those with a Spielberg or Lucas touch).

Is it truly a great film?

A great film? Then that would've already been visible somewhere in the theatrical version.

NOT!!!!

Alex 2 - who never watched the DC of KOH.

The new long overdue Tootsie Special Edition DVD is superb - worth a look. I love this movie and it has aged quite well. Wonderful snappy dialogue that reminds me of Aaron Sorkin in some ways.

Producer to Cameraman re Dorothy = "How far can you pull back to make her look attractive?"

Cameraman to Producer = "How do you feel about Cleveland?"

Bill Murray has some great lines too!

Morlock, if you haven't already got them - 2 great companion pieces to All the Presidents Men Special Edition are the 2 disc special editions of Network & Dog Day Afternoon, 70's cinema (& Lumet) at its best and showcases the power of media in all 3.

Ridley Scott is the only director that truly makes a Director's Cut of a film. All of his are spectacular. I'm really looking forward to watching my American Gangster 3-Disc Edition that arrived today.

Passion-less movie. And the extended scenes adds nothing.

Bought Ronin a week or so ago. A terrific action movie for my taste and De Niro is quite as good as it gets. :blink: Also a nice score job by Elia Cmiral, suits the film and its moods perfectly.

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a few movies while I was out of town.

The extended cut for the first Fantastic 4 film which I think is better than the theatrical release. It even has a full Main Title that was cut severely down in the theatrical version.

I also bought Fantastic 4: Rise Of The Silver Surfer and Transformers.

I know a good number of you don't like any of these movies but I do.

That's all the movies I plan on buying the rest of this year because next year I'll be switching over to Blu-Ray. I told my parents that since I know they won't switch to Blu-Ray, whatever titles I've got on regular DVD when I get them on Blu-Ray I'll be giving those ones to my parents. So at least someone will be able to enjoy them.

Hopefully TV series like 24, Jericho and such will eventually get a Blu-Ray release.

A box set containing both Gremlins and Gremlins 2.

Speaking of 24, anyone planning on picking up that Season 1 Special Edition that's coming out?

I'm happy Fox took the effort to expand the S1 set, but I find double dipping a TV series to be just a little too costly.

Besides the alternate finale that was already on there, the SE will feature another alternate finale, the international versions of the last five episodes (which are slightly extended and were already on the R2 release), 25 extended/deleted scenes, two commentaries (season premiere and season finale) and the two CTU: The Rookie short films.

It also comes in a nifty tin can packaging.

Besides the alternate finale that was already on there, the SE will feature another alternate finale, the international versions of the last five episodes (which are slightly extended and were already on the R2 release), 25 extended/deleted scenes, two commentaries (season premiere and season finale) and the two CTU: The Rookie short films.

It also comes in a nifty tin can packaging.

That's great news for a change, I haven't got Season 1 yet.

Will they be updating the other seasons too?