The Flag Parade (The Phantom Menace) and Parade of the Charioteers (Ben Hur)

ChuckM

I'm not sure if this has been discussed before, but I did a search and couldn't find anything.

Has anyone else noticed a lot of similarities between The Flag Parade and Parade of the Charioteers? Do you think Williams may have intentionally borrowed that style for the piece?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I never knew that. That's strange, why change the title? Is the piece "Summon The Heroes" still called "Summon The Heroes" on that CD?

No, "Summon the Heroes" is still called that. They just changed the name of the album.

Another difference is, in the international edition, there are two versions of Summon the Heroes. The short version and the full version. The American edition has only the full version, I believe.

I have no idea why Sony did that.

I'm not sure if this has been discussed before, but I did a search and couldn't find anything.

Has anyone else noticed a lot of similarities between The Flag Parade and Parade of the Charioteers? Do you think Williams may have intentionally borrowed that style for the piece?

The sequences are very similar, and not just musically. Even down to how Anakin and Sebulba get hooked together on the final lap is borrowed from Ben-Hur.

Heck, isnt it an obvious choice? The podrace is sort of a rip off ben hur's chariot race anyway. both are long indulgent action sequences (with lots of sand) which dont do much to move the storyline forward in the time it takes for them to play thru