Free Film Score Monthly Online!

Lurker

From Film Score Monthly:

FILM SCORE MONTHLY ONLINE is coming up on its two-year anniversary, and we think now is a great time to offer everyone out there a chance to see how the world's premiere film music magazine has evolved since moving to the web:

Presenting the FSM ONLINE Free Weekend Promotion! That's right, we're opening the virtual doors of FSM ONLINE to everyone for FREE, this coming weekend. As of Friday morning (West Coast time), you can go to www.filmscoremonthly.com/fsmonline and click on the "Log In" link in the upper left of the homepage. Then, just enter "freeweekend@filmscoremonthly.com" in the email field, and "free" in the password field (both without the quotes). That will log you in for free until Monday morning.

So stop on by and see what our paying subscribers have been enjoying. Peruse every last detail of our current issue, featuring an in-depth cover-story interview with Alexandre Desplat, a candid video sit-down chat with film music agent Richard Kraft, an installment of our popular Score Restore segment, featuring Lord of the Rings; a video game feature, our usual large slate of reviews, and much more.

In a nutshell, the October issue epitomizes what FSM ONLINE offers in any given month:

-- Top Talent: Incisive stories on the top composers from veteran industry writers like Doug Adams and Jeff Bond.

-- What's Hot: News and Reviews of the latest film music offerings.

-- Popular Columns: Soundtrack Obscurities, Score Internationale and Wong's Turn.

-- Film Music History & Analysis: Looking for a story on the music of Mark Twain films? You'll only find it here.

-- Digital Downloads: Exciting audio-visual features like video documentaries, embedded music samples, archival interviews with your favorite composers, and the aforementioned Score Restore segment, where we take short excerpts of important film music that were not used in the finished film and re-edit them against the picture, allowing you to see and hear the composersÇ original visions.

And there's even more than that. We've got a Back-Issue Archive of ALL the issues of FSM ever produced, going back to the first issue printed in 1990! The printed versions are available as pdf downloads, and the online versions are viewable on your screen, just like the current issue. We've enabled a select few of these back-issues so you can get a taste for what it would be like to have the entire FSM issue archive at your disposal.

We hope that you enjoy your FSM ONLINE experience as much as we enjoy putting it all together, and that you'll become an official subscriber -- you get all that great content we mentioned for just $4.95 per month!

As always, if you have any questions, email support@filmscoremonthly.com and we'll be glad to respond.

Have a great weekend!

Sincerely,

Tim Curran

Jon Kaplan

FSM ONLINE

Neil

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay, I can finally read that article about "Hedwig's Theme." It'd better be good.

EDIT: Apparently, only the second part of the article is online. Free weekend, my ass! :lol:

Ray Barnsbury - who actually thinks it's a great deal

I, as a paying subcribed member of this mag cannot check their complete back issue archive this weekend because of this freebie-weekend.

I find that very annoying.

A real FSMer would have the hard copies of all their issues.

I'm very happy they're showing the unsubcribed world what their missing. The Kraft interview is fantastic.

I'm too lazy to visit another website. I'm just gonna quote more Trek.

"Perhaps the professor could use your computer"

Thanks Neil for bringing this to our attention!!

I really enjoyed the Kraft interviews and all of the PDF mags.

I may consider subscribing because I liked most of the things I saw.