Best opening sequences for movies

ChuckM

Some of the best in my opinion, would have to be the clock sequence from BTTF, or more recently, the bullet sequence from Lord of War. The chocolate scene from the new Charlie and the Chocolate factory is pretty cool too (greatly aided by Elfman).

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mission: Impossible. Which also includes the best first fifteen seconds of score of a film opener ever. (The percussion over the logo.)

Also: The Two Towers.

Is there any other Spielberg film besides Jaws and Catch Me If You Can that has a "traditional" main title sequence?

If you mean full credits at the beginning of the film:

The IJ films, The Sugarland Express, CE3K and E.T.

Batman Returns shows the discarded baby Penguin's ride into the sewer. Its a very wonderfully scored and shot sequence.

Yes you took mine!!!! Great intro!!!!

BTW dude earlier wrote Lord of WAR not "the rings."

WHat's the bullet sequence of LOTR??

He said Lord Of WAR, not THE RINGS.

Apocalypse Now has to be the greatest.

Oh, right. Whoops.

Come on, you even don't know how much of the scene was done with models or with CGI.

I know the basics of how he did all the fights with the models, and for its time it was an amazing effect, but the CG in episode III totally blows it away, IMHO.

Come on, you even don't know how much of the scene was done with models or with CGI.

I know the basics of how he did all the fights with the models, and for its time it was an amazing effect, but the CG in episode III totally blows it away, IMHO.

*sigh* You give them eyes, Lord, yet they still cannot see.

Indeed.

When you see the star destroyer in Star Wars, it's so detailed and lifelike that it is far more believable that anything in the Prequels. Particularly AOTC, which is basically a glorified cartoon.

True. It was good to see the movie allowing the music to dominate those first lengthy shots. And of course the transition to Khazad-dum was a brilliant idea.

Has 2001 - A Space Odyssey been mentioned yet?