The New Varese Club CDs are....

Ollie

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- complete AotC

- complete RotS

Don't ever count on those two. Sony has the rights for all six Star Wars scores. Only they can release them. Maybe one day Sony will release the real complete TPM, AOTC and ROTS...but until then don't hold your breath for em'.

Gremlins: Deluxe Edition

Jaws 2: Deluxe Edition

Conan the Barbarian: Deluxe (2 CD)

Back to the Future Trilogy Box Set

Star Trek: The Next Generation: The Complete Ron Jones Scores (Deluxe 40 CD Set)

I can't wait!

;)

Well I almost feel sorry for Varese, there's no way they can top Intrada's Alien.

Unless they release Spartacus or a complete Conan. ;)

I'm sure more whining will follow when folks see there is no Williams included. Not that I have any evidence but based on what's left of his works that are unreleased.

Yes it would be a major coup if indeed Alex North's epic score to SPARTACUS was to be released. I'm not holding my chins on it though. Still any Goldsmith, Williams, Horner, Herrmann, Newman x 4, Waxman, Korngold, Friedhoffer, Steiner, Rozsa, Hefti, Conti would be better than a deluxe edition for Zimmer. Unless its a deluxe DRIVING OVER MISS DAISY

Note to Peggy: Perish that last comment.

No there hasn't been one.

I dread the day when those scores start making their appearances in limited club releases.

Hopefully it will be a long way down the line because there are many deserving scores that still need to be released.

Yes and no, FSM's releases are all prior to 1980, Intrada doesn't seem to have any restrictions on the year, although I doubt they would release any Zimmer/RC scores.

Varese has concentrated most of their releases and stuff prior to 1990, although they have had a few exceptions; Home Alone 2 and Chris Young's rejected Unfinished Life score. I could see Varese doing a Zimmer score since they have released his music before.

If anyone else would release Zimmer it might be LaLaLand.

Going back to Varese I just had a wild thought, seeing as they released Young's Unfinished Life, I wonder if maybe they would release the score to Spiderman 3 as a limited club release since there was no score album issued at the time of the film. I know they've released some of Young's other scores.

Don't know the costs/fees involved but I wonder......

Young's An Unfinished Life was released very quickly by Varese. They "could" release other rejected Goldsmith scores.

Yeeeessss....

;) The Tower of Cirith Ungol

Incidentally, is there any way we can attempt an educated guess at what Varése might have up their sleeves for next Monday? They don't drop hints, do they?

2 out of the 4 releases will be by Bill Conti. One Alex North and one Bernard Herrmann. I'd bet Alma's false teeth on it.

;) Shieldmaiden of Rohan <-- awesome track! 8O

Rub it in, why don't you!

When moderator some day will you be......but not today.

Yeeeessss....

;) The Tower of Cirith Ungol

Incidentally, is there any way we can attempt an educated guess at what Varése might have up their sleeves for next Monday? They don't drop hints, do they?

Yeah Varese doesn't really drop hints, in fact I think some of their club release date announcements are done with a touch of sarcasm.

You probably have a better chance at guessing the composer than the score. I don't know if they are done with Conti, or perhaps they have another Elmer Bernstein release coming. Link by Jerry Goldsmith could be a possibility.

For all we know Robert Townson has something up his sleeve to equal Alien.

I don't know about the limited releases, but The Holiday was from Varese.

About as memorable as Herrmann's score to THE BIRDS

Maybe I'll be proven wrong in a few days, but if Varese kind od dropping the ball lately, when it comes to re-releases?

I think all of the really big titles of this years have been coming from other labels, Intrada especially.

I wouldn't say they've dropped the ball, they've had some very good releases.

Alot of their "big" ones came out in the first few years. Every label has releases that won't appeal to all film score buffs and they can't release every big name score.

Intrada has really done an oustanding job these past few years but they have also released some titles that I have no interest in, just like FSM and LaLaLand.

The Holiday is brilliant!

A bit boring in the middle, but tracks like Gumption, Maestro, and Dream Kitchen make it well worth it.

Certainly true, but just because indy4 overstates his case on a regular basis shouldn't confuse people- The Holiday is actually a nice little score, makes for a very pleasant listen.

The Holiday is brilliant!

A bit boring in the middle, but tracks like Gumption, Maestro, and Dream Kitchen make it well worth it.

6Boring.jpg

Jaws is brilliant, Star Wars is brilliant, Star Trek TMP is brilliant, Conan The Barbarian is brilliant.

The Holiday doesn't sound like it fits that list.

Well it depends how you define brilliant. Those are certainly better scores than The Holiday, and more genius. But the Holiday is still good. When I said brilliant, I was just using that word to show it was a good score, in my book.

Intrada has really done an oustanding job these past few years but they have also released some titles that I have no interest in, just like FSM and LaLaLand.

I really like LaLaLand, they've released some good "niche" stuff the last few years. We have several complete episode Farscape TV scores thanks to them (the last time I watched the series I was struck by how well scored it was after Guy Gross took over, he really did a great job), as well as the very good complete score for Spaceballs. And of course those that want to listen to the elaborate percussion suites of Battlestar Galactica on CD have LaLa to thank as well. :lol:

hello varese sarabande club edition

Goonies dave grusin original score

Innerspace complete score Jerry Goldsmith

Explorer deluxe Edition Jerry Goldsmith

Masada complete score jerry goldsmityh&mort stevens

Coolangatta gold Bill Conti

Bad Boys Bill Conti

Images Lp transfer John Williams

Rambo 1 Deluxe edition Jerry Goldsmith

Gremlins Complete score Jerry Goldsmith

Police Academy Robert Folk

Point Break Mark Isham

hello varese sarabande club edition

Goonies dave grusin original score

Innerspace complete score Jerry Goldsmith

Explorer deluxe Edition Jerry Goldsmith

Masada complete score jerry goldsmityh&mort stevens

Coolangatta gold Bill Conti

Bad Boys Bill Conti

Images Lp transfer John Williams

Rambo 1 Deluxe edition Jerry Goldsmith

Gremlins Complete score Jerry Goldsmith

Police Academy Robert Folk

Point Break Mark Isham

Wake up, fella. It's time to stop dreaming and go to work :lol:

There is no score called Rambo I.

I believe there is some unreleased music from First Blood, however the master appear to be in a horrible state.

In the bonus cue (No Power) on the intrada and later the Varese CD you can hear a very noticable tape flutter.

The Burbs does not compare to Alien!

From what I saw when The 'Burbs was released this summer, the 3,000 copies of it sold out faster than any other 3,000 limited edition cd Varese have released. The 'Burbs may not be the masterpiece that Alien is but it certainly proved its popularity among fans.

They're here:

THE TALL MEN - Victor Young

OF LOVE POSSESSED - Elmer Bernstein

MAGIC FIRE - Richard Wagner

NEIGHBORS - Bill Conti

NORTH BY NORTHWEST - Bernard Herrmann

At least I was right about Conti getting a release.