Which rare JW album should I buy next?

Josh500

Which rare JW album should I buy next?   

28 members have voted

1. 1. Jaws 2, Earthquake, Fury (Varese Sarabande)

• Jaws 2
    • Earthquake
    • Fury

I am glad I am finished buying all these a long time ago.

k.M.Who remembers the days of " c.d. hunting"

Same here, it pays to be old sometimes.

So there are no rare CDs that you want that you don't have?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm selling some so I can get others. I'm not rich, you know!

Isn't that a never-ending circle?

Nope. In the meantime, I'm getting more and more JW scores on my iTunes!

Yes,The Accidental Tourist.

But obviously i'm not going to pay 200$ for a used copy.

K.M.Who once owned it for a few days and returned it to the store.

You can get it much cheaper...I know I did.

i hope you also burned cdr's before selling them off.

I'll do that tonight! ;)

I just bought:

Raiders 1995 edition for $80.00

Midway for $32.75

Raiders original edition for $25.40

Empire of the Sun for $13.50

:)

I lost Dracula and Jaws 2 :)

Midway's on Amazon for 15 dollars.

:huh:

MSM, always check amazon.com before you bid on something on ebay.

Empire of the Sun can be had for 9.98 on amazon, and this one's brandnew!!! See here!

Yes,The Accidental Tourist.

But obviously i'm not going to pay 200$ for a used copy.

K.M.Who once owned it for a few days and returned it to the store.

Can anyone tell me why, on ebay at least, The Accidental Tourist album is oftentimes coupled with Stanley & Iris? It's like a package deal. Why is that?

Is this like a bootleg where both scores are on one CD? Or is that an official release???

I'll do that tonight! :)

yeah,because you never know when you need to re-rip it in a different file format or bitrate

there's only 1 score per c.d. if it's an official c.d.

Hmmmm, okay. But why are these scores sold together at the same time, then? And not just by one seller, but apparently quite a few??? :)

I'm guessing some people are trying to pass off bootlegs as official c.d.'s and further entice buyers (who don't know any better) by adding a "bonus score"

Accidental Tourist is 41 minutes and Stanley and Iris 28,so it fits on 1 c.d.

I just bought:

Midway for $32.75

I lost Dracula and Jaws 2 :)

Empire of the Sun can be had for 9.98 on amazon, and this one's brandnew!!! See here!

And vice versa, too. I know I've said this like 20 times in this thread, but I bought Cutthroat Island for 50 bucks on Amazon, before realizing it was being sold for 25 on Varese. On a similiar note, Sinbad was being sold on Amazon for 40 bucks, while I got mine on eBay for 10.

They are both wonderful small scores with great themes that complement each other well.

I've never been all that impressed with The Accidental Tourist. It seems to be about 8 variations on a theme too many. With out that much variation...

Stanley and Iris, on the other hand, is a beautiful score. I've always adored it. The whole score feels so delicate, as if it could break at any minute. This score along with Presumed Innocent are my favourite "small" Williams scores.

I just bought:

Midway for $32.75

I lost Dracula and Jaws 2 :angry:

And vice versa, too. I know I've said this like 20 times in this thread, but I bought Cutthroat Island for 50 bucks on Amazon, before realizing it was being sold for 25 on Varese. On a similiar note, Sinbad was being sold on Amazon for 40 bucks, while I got mine on eBay for 10.

That's right. I failed to check Amazon in the midst of the bidding process... but I don't think I'd get Raiders 1995 for $80.00 again or anywhere else (although it's the highest price I ever paid for a cd).

I just bought:

Midway for $32.75

That's right. I failed to check Amazon in the midst of the bidding process... but I don't think I'd get Raiders 1995 for $80.00 again or anywhere else (although it's the highest price I ever paid for a cd).

I think Raiders 1995 is totally worth $80.oo, no kidding.

I've said this a couple of times, but I'll say it again: If a CD is still available and in print, you should buy it new. You should resort to ebay only to buy products that are NOT AVAILABLE in stores anymore. That way you support the record companies, the people who worked on the CDs, and of course the artists (like JW).

I just bought:

Midway for $32.75

I've said this a couple of times, but I'll say it again: If a CD is still available and in print, you should buy it new. You should resort to ebay only to buy products that are NOT AVAILABLE in stores anymore. That way you support the record companies, the people who worked on the CDs, and of course the artists (like JW).

But for some things, like the CR, it is MUCH cheaper to get a new used than a new straight from Amazon people.

indy4- who likes quote boxes

I just bought:

Midway for $32.75

But for some things, like the CR, it is MUCH cheaper to get a new used than a new straight from Amazon people.

True :)

Besides, I'd like to point out: the Midway buy was a mistake... :)

I just bought:

Midway for $32.75

True :)

Besides, I'd like to point out: the Midway buy was a mistake... :)

Yes, and it's not like JW needs any more money...

I would never pay $80 for a CD. I think the most I've paid is $35 for Home Alone 2 Deluxe Edition. I'll buy a CD only if it's brand new, and if it's a reasonable price. Come on now, $80 for something that is worth $10?

I would probably spend more on John Williams to own the actual CD's, but it's so damn hard to pay that much for something I already have!

Scores aren't rare. They have this label as being rare. I can click two buttons on my computer and find 20 Jaws 2's for sale. But each is over $50. Why? Because people think it's rare. But how is it rare when I can find oh so many with the click of a mouse?

I can also easily go online to a site like this, contact someone who has it, and obtain it for free. Which is what I usually do for such "rare" scores.

The truth of the matter is that a CD, book or whatever, is worth whatever people are prepared to pay for it.

It's a question of demand and avilability. If many people want something that's not readily available, THEN the price will soar.

I hope to God they'll release Indiana Jones Complete Editions next year! :lol:

BTW, I've decided to get Jaws 2 next, mainly because the cheapest The Fury 2 disc edition is 99 Euros (about $135)!

People are still starving somewhere in the world, right?

We can say that to you too as long as you have more belongings than the people in those parts of the world :)

I don't have a lot of money, but I like to invest in cd's. I do think they will grow more valuable over time, especially cds like these. I do not care about used or not used (since as soon as you open a "new" cd it is used already) as long as it is an originally pressed cd and not cdr (although those suffice for as long as you can't get the original).

I don;t think they will get more valuable

the vast majority you can only sell for 3$ at used c.d. shops where they will sell it for 10$

when Hard Drives are big enough to store your music in WAVE form(they already are),then I don't think the pressed c.d. really matters.Only the reliability of hard drives still concern me

I will always want to keep some specific c.d.'s like the John Williams ones for sentimental reasons,but for other composers I' d sell them

I don't have a lot of money, but I like to invest in cd's. I do think they will grow more valuable over time, especially cds like these. I do not care about used or not used (since as soon as you open a "new" cd it is used already) as long as it is an originally pressed cd and not cdr (although those suffice for as long as you can't get the original).

I don't think they'll grow more valuable, either. I mean, just look at how much LP and cassettes are selling for these days. When you could get Jaws 2 CD for AT LEAST $40, you can get the cassette or LP for about $10. This is what will happen to CDs, eventually. The Digital Age is approaching, we must be ready for it.

However, I personally won't sell my CDs unless I really really really need the money. I like the collecting them, despite the fact that they made not be worth much in the future.

I could care less about the value of a CD. I don't buy them for profit and I have no intention of selling them.

I buy them to listen to, when I'm gone from this earth then my family can do whatever the hell they want with them.

I don't think they'll grow more valuable, either. I mean, just look at how much LP and cassettes are selling for these days. When you could get Jaws 2 CD for AT LEAST $40, you can get the cassette or LP for about $10. This is what will happen to CDs, eventually. The Digital Age is approaching, we must be ready for it.

That's the exact reason why I think cds will get more valuable. As more and more is dgitalized in our world, hard copies will be hard to find in the future. At the moment the most durable form of music storage is not digital (damaged over decennia by the earth magnetic field), but on discs like cds. Mark my words! :eek:

I guess that's possible, assuming that nothing comes between CDs and the Digital Age (though I doubit; one could argue that the Digital Age has already begun).

At the moment the most durable form of music storage is not digital (damaged over decennia by the earth magnetic field), but on discs like cds. Mark my words! :D

Dude, Cd's are a digital storage mechanism.

At the moment the most durable form of music storage is not digital (damaged over decennia by the earth magnetic field), but on discs like cds. Mark my words! :)

Dude, Cd's are a digital storage mechanism.

You got me there :D But I mean, not magnetically stored, but in a physical form.