Film Score Monthly announces the Blue Box - Superman.

TownerFan

That's one of the reasons I expect this set to go quickly. Fans of Superman/superheroes may not collect film music but they will get music associated with their favorite characters.

Reading all those threads over at FSM remind me of the fiasco with the AOTC score and everyone chasing down the different versions.. ;)

Indeed, it's hilarious to read a lot of people's posts over there. As I said talk about mass histeria....

Same here Mark. Peter said he is not going to rest until he makes sure he gets all the number of copies he needs from SAE to fullfill people's orders who have preordered from him. From what Peter said he can still get copies from SAE but there's a cut off on how many he can get. I'm not sure how many people ordered from him but as he said he will try his damn best to make sure he gets all the number of copies for his orders.

SAE and FSM should have known this would attract more than just film score fans. They should have been more prepared for this.

I'm listening to the various soundclips on SAE, just to further assure myself if I really want to buy this thing. Some observation that maybe will be useful for you:

. "Jeremy's Theme" (that mysterious third theme written by JW for SIV) is quite nice, it reminds me of Ghost Train

. The "Nuclear Man Theme" concert arrangement seems a slowed-down version of the "Crimebuster" theme from Heartbeeps

. "Lacy's Theme" really harkens back to 60s Williams, it seems an alternate from Penelope.

Listening to these compressed Realaudio clips I can't say how much better the STM tracks will sound. The thing that I really want to have is the huge liner notes book.

Peter emailed me back saying I have my copy, or will be getting one rather. He gave me his word on that so he is definitely making sure he gets the number of copies he needs to fulfill orders. Geez, I think this has been the biggest blunder for SAE.

Edit: I find it insulting as well (Peter does too) that SAE wants Peter to stop the sales of the set on his site until they got their site fix. AI posted over there saying this:

"That's funny, because their screwed-up site isn't stopping them from selling copies, so why should it hinder those ordering from MM's site?"

That's a very good point, by the way AI I hope you don't mind me quoting you from over there.

I just edited my post...anyways QQM, I think the best place would just be to try directly through SAE. Unless you can order it from Intrada. Intrada too has it up for preorder and I wonder if SAE will tell them to stop selling it..... That's completely lame.

I'm not even bothering with this boxed set. The Rhino edition of Superman will suffice for me. I'm more anticipating Varese's new club releases.

Wow, I'm kind of glad I'm forced to wait to get this. I know demand is high, but this set has been not only on the drawing board but public knowledge for months now, you'd think these things could have been smoothed over and prepared better. It just took several minutes for the SAE page to load just so I could have a gander at the tracklist.

Not trying to add to the silly hysteria, just my two cents. :)

Well I've been trying all afternoon to order this, looks like it's going thru.

Yep, it went thru.

I didn't pre-order it from MM.com because I prefer to order directly from the source and support the labels that actually distribute the CDs.

I'm somewhat suprised that Lukas and SAE didn't see this coming but I don't know how you rectify this, maybe they should have put it up for pre-order but then you still run the risk of everyone rushing to buy.

I'm not even bothering with this boxed set. The Rhino edition of Superman will suffice for me. I'm more anticipating Varese's new club releases.

Same here.

If it's any consolation to anyone, I got Horner's "SPIDERWICK CHRONICLES" cd from Amazon today and must say I am thoroughly enjoying it.

Ehhh...all of a sudden I feel the growing need to order this set. Not sure what I'll do now... :)

Every time I do a hand morphs out of my checkbook and knocks me upside the head. I'm surprised I'm conscious to type this.

Go it!

I started watching Lethal Weapon a bit before release time, took my time getting back to the computer (after brushing my teeth), read through three pages of terrified and anxious posts while loading the page (it took a little moment at first, but not too long) then playing some samples, which convinced me I would enjoy the set, and I rodered it.

A bit slow, but no snag.

4122HF5MAVL._SS500_.jpg

obsupes001.gif

If it's any consolation to anyone, I got Horner's "SPIDERWICK CHRONICLES" cd from Amazon today and must say I am thoroughly enjoying it.

Yeah "CASPER" is pretty good as well! :)

Edit: I find it insulting as well (Peter does too) that SAE wants Peter to stop the sales of the set on his site until they got their site fix. AI posted over there saying this:
"That's funny, because their screwed-up site isn't stopping them from selling copies, so why should it hinder those ordering from MM's site?"

That's a very good point, by the way AI I hope you don't mind me quoting you from over there.

Quote me as much as you like Vosk!, except that ain't me. That's Al (as in alpha - lima), not the AI.

Poor suckers! The music of the other supes movies ain't worth a dime.

I disagree. Superman IV is fantastic.

Neil

Superman IV is fantastic indeed. After listening to the soundclips this score is the main reason for getting the boxset. Wonderful stuff.