Film Score Monthly announces the Blue Box - Superman.

TownerFan

I wouldn't mind a life like that. Not at all.

Me too, though I'd want a hot redhead chick too.

Anyway I noticed this in the AICN interview

DHARMESH: So, with Superman done, Indiana Jones complete soundtrack boxset is just around the corner, right? There’s an extraordinary amount of material missing from Temple of Doom and Last Crusade, and a few cues from Raiders. Summer 2008 seems the opportune time to capitalise on Indy mania.

MM: That isn't true, actually. There's a new movie and there will be a new album along with it and that will be the focus. The sensible opportunity will be if and when the time comes for a DVD box set (in HD, I assume) containing all four of the Indiana Jones movies.

But there are still a lot of obstacles that would have to be overcome for a score project to happen, not the least of which is that it would be extraordinarily expensive to do.

That and Hook and Harry Potter 1.2.3

Yeah, those too.

I wouldn't mind a life like that. Not at all.

Me too, though I'd want a hot redhead chick too.

Anyway I noticed this in the AICN interview

DHARMESH: So, with Superman done, Indiana Jones complete soundtrack boxset is just around the corner, right? There’s an extraordinary amount of material missing from Temple of Doom and Last Crusade, and a few cues from Raiders. Summer 2008 seems the opportune time to capitalise on Indy mania.

MM: That isn't true, actually. There's a new movie and there will be a new album along with it and that will be the focus. The sensible opportunity will be if and when the time comes for a DVD box set (in HD, I assume) containing all four of the Indiana Jones movies.

But there are still a lot of obstacles that would have to be overcome for a score project to happen, not the least of which is that it would be extraordinarily expensive to do.

A box set will probably be released within the month the actual DVD is, so I don't mind waiting that long.

Lukas Kendall posted an update and the first 204 copies of the Superman set have been shipped out all ready....

http://saeboomdeboom.blogspot.com/

Man those are some pretty good size boxes there. Figured the box set itself would be pretty good in size. I can't wait to get mine! :D

Anyway, I knew I had to have the Superman box as soon as I first heard of it, regardless of the price. :D

The only scores I would do that for would be Family Plot, Indiana Jones, and the Star Wars Prequels

Yeah, the lack of a Family Plot album bugs me. (It's not Williams, but I'd also love to have a Frenzy album.)

As for the price of the Superman set, I had to massage the old budget to make it immediately affordable -- $130 is $130 no matter how you cut it -- but I cannot in any way feel that I was overcharged. Assuming the product lives up to snuff, that is. Even after shipping is included, it works out to $15 a disc and $10 for a hardback book. Those would be reasonable prices for a major label; for a specialty label, I really feel like we all got a massive discount.

Which, FSM, is not to encourage you to raise prices next go around! Heh . . . didn't mean to suggest that at all.

Forget I said anything, in fact.

Probably. But Mike was saying the set would be crazy expensive to do, and I'm saying I'm game to pay whatever it costs to get it done, and get it done right.

The key is to rush in and order it without stopping to think about it.

So when you get it and you look at it sitting on the shelf then you can say "why in the name of hell did I buy that???". :mrgreen:

It will look nice sitting next to my Bernstein and Goldsmith box sets.

Indiana Jones Complete Trilogy Scores Boxset. Music Composed and Conducted by John Williams.

$5,999.99

For that price I want to have John Williams scores for all the books and video games as well! :mrgreen:

just erase the FSMBOX02 label or cover it with something :mrgreen: Way cheaper.

Man, i really would like to have the guts to order this. And not living at my parents, No questions asked, etc...

I think if this was the Indy sit i would end up with it.

Because this has "FSM BOX 02" stamped on it, I secretly want "FSM BOX 01" as well now...

Probably a stupid question, but what soundtrack is FSM BOX 01? :thumbup:

Thank you, robthehand. When did this come out? Interestingly enough, it's still available (though limited to 2000 copies) and if it lingers around for a couple of more months, I may even consider ordering it ... :thumbup:

Screen Archives lists my order as pending, yet FSM state shipping has already started - no doubt they are all working overtime like busy little beavers (cue the immortal Leslie Nielson Naken Gun line!) on getting everybody's box shipped as we speak!

Screen Archives lists my order as pending, yet FSM state shipping has already started - no doubt they are all working overtime like busy little beavers (cue the immortal Leslie Nielson Naken Gun line!) on getting everybody's box shipped as we speak!

Lots of my SAE orders have been listed as "Pending" long after they dispatched (I even received one before they updated the order page one time!).

I probably shouldn't have read the interview with MM & LK, that has really fueled my appetite for this site. I can't wait to listen to the climactic music of III and all of IV.

Any word on this thing shipping yet or at least anyones credit cards being charged?

The first batch went out the other day and someone in Washington, D.C. already received it.

Neil

The first batch went out the other day and someone in Washington, D.C. already received it.

Cool, I'm right next door to DC but I also didn't order mine until Saturday the 23rd so I'm certainly not going to be in the first batch if they are shipping first come first served.

I & II I'm already very familiar with, so I'm way more excited about the unreleased stuff despite the new sound quality. I've listened to the first score throughout my entire life, II is essentially one big inferior rerecording of the first one, but I do have the LP of II and always enjoyed it for what it is. But III & IV is all new music to me, in terms of hearing it outside the film.

No word on mine yet. I ordered mine on the 21st, but because of all the internet lag due to massive orders I wasn't able to place mine until around 7pm. I was probably about the 400th person to order by then!

Meanwhile,at FSM, some Goldsmith fundamentalists are outraged at the blue box liner notes suggesting Williams was the top composer in the late 70's (which he was by far ,no matter how you look at it)

Yeah, it's pretty obvious.

I ordered mine around 8:00 PM of the 21st, I'm in Louisville, and I haven't gotten it yet, so I don't know. Hopefully it'll be here in the vicinity of Monday.

Meanwhile,at FSM, some Goldsmith fundamentalists are outraged at the blue box liner notes suggesting Williams was the top composer in the late 70's (which he was by far ,no matter how you look at it)

Goldsmith was only lacking a box office blockbuster to his resume in the 70's.

Besides Mark it's just Dan Hobgood being his usual whiny piss poor sore loser when it comes to Williams and Goldsmith.