What Are You Eating Tonight?

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'll be honest ... in these days of militant vegetarian/veganism and food intolerance/allergy whiners, this made me almost weep with joy. 

Pork steaks, onions, tomato, herbs and spices, vinegar, garlic, stock. Stewing on a soft fire for about 2 hours.   Will go great with potatoes I wager.

The Good Morning Ireland breakfast.    

Mozzarella seems to be a standard in your cooking. Ever had burrata?

not really, there've just been so many good deals I haven't' been able to resist so that's why wink.png

no, never. would love to try it someday. you like it?

I love it. Some people find it tastes like nothing, but it's so creamy and its taste is so round .... Just some sprinkles of native oil, some salt and bread ...

Or "wine grower's cheese", which is basically camembert that is mixed with creme fraiche in the process. It may have 75% fat, but the taste and consistency is beyond awesome.

it's not like it's a salad full of gummy bears. grapes, berries or whatever brings a fresh sweetness to the salad which I think is a great contrast. it just makes the salad way more interesting imo.

and stop talking nonsense joey and show me some goddamn pics!

that requires time downloading and uploading and right now the coaching search is far more important.

besides I'm posting from work mostly these days and I can't perform such tasks.

I do have to agree with Alice to some degree. You've been teasing us with your cooking for years! Better put out!

I understand but I'm not good with photography. add that to laziness. and you get the picture, or you don't nyck nyck nyck.

THANK YOU chaac! :remybussi:

that looks great. is that some zucchini I see right there? cute plate too.

It's onion, green and red pepper, olive oil, pork, parsley, zucchini, tomato, feta cheese and vinegar. But I also like adding curry, dried fruits, various other vegetables and even an egg. Also wine can work.

Sidra is historically associated with the Northern coast. Every side has its own things.

Alcoholic beberages have a long tradition here. The words for beer, cerveza and variants of it, come from pre-Roman languages. In a chronicle of old it's described the drinks of the Celtiberians, where they seem to refer to a proto-cerveza, or a proto-sidra. The Celts of areas where cereals weren't cultivated much might have developed these drinks from fermenting fruits from the traditional Atlantic European forest.

Pouring of Asturian sidra:

escanciador-sidra.jpg

I knew a recipe for meat and sidra. I should try it again.

I believe this is my plate last week at this time. The cornbread dressing is at 12 the mashed potatoes and gravy at 10, the corn at 4, the peas at 8 and the roast turkey at 10. The cranberry sauce in the center.

Photo0336.jpg

this is the Pecan pie (Pa Khan, not Pee Can)

Photo0334.jpg

this is my oatmeal pie

Photo0335.jpg

at Christmas I will make the Oatmeal and Pecan as one pie with a bit of modification. I'll use some dark molasses.

I did cheat and use Kroger ready made crusts, I like them almost as much as my own.

Sidra is historically associated with the Northern coast. Every side has its own things.

Alcoholic beberages have a long tradition here. The words for beer, cerveza and variants of it, come from pre-Roman languages. In a chronicle of old it's described the drinks of the Celtiberians, where they seem to refer to a proto-cerveza, or a proto-sidra. The Celts of areas where cereals weren't cultivated much might have developed these drinks from fermenting fruits from the traditional Atlantic European forest.

Pouring of Asturian sidra:

escanciador-sidra.jpg

I knew a recipe for meat and sidra. I should try it again.

I know Sidra well!

I just finished my last bottle of Cortina Sidra Naturel in celebration of a good friends good fortune.

Its my favorite drink

Ive visited several Sidrerias in Madrid

as I've said many times I love chinese food. I love egg rolls and none of the local places make them as tasty as mine, and that's not my opinion.

Photo0328.jpg

I made eggrolls filled with cabbage, carrots, shrimp, ground pork, shredded egg and flavored with garlic, sesame oil and ginger.

The smaller items are pork/shrimp wontons, I fried these but they are also good steamed. The filling is a pork shrimp paste with oyster sauce, soy and sesame.

Photo0329.jpg

this is my everything fried rice, egg, ground pork, pork loin, chicken, shrimp, shredded eggs, onions, peas and rice. Oh and BACON.

The sauce in the egg roll picture is an apricot sweet and sour duck sauce.