Who is Spideyman?

Josh500

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a ToD bootleg that really has surprisingly little sound effects. It's not complete, but it's much better than the OST. I'm pretty sure that this track came from that bootleg.

There is a ToD bootleg that really has surprisingly little sound effects. It's not complete, but it's much better than the OST. I'm pretty sure that this track came from that bootleg.

When you say "better than the OST," I assume you're talking about the music itself, and not the sound quality. I'm sure no bootleg, however good, sounds better than an original release!

The OST of course sounds better than a DVD rip, but it was one of the first soundtrack CDs ever released. Its sound quality doesn't hold a candle to something like the Phantom Menace UE.

I don't know where that is from, but I want it!

Listening to "The Bridge, Finale and End Credits" parts one and two ...

Yeah, this rocks! I want that too! The Basket Chase quote had me laughing out loud just now! :) Great ethnic drums writing!

Wow, seriously!

This is fu**ing incredible. Especially starting at 4:58, it only gets better!

I am uploading the thing, so everyone who wants it, send me a PM and I'll give you the link once it's done.

When you say "better than the OST," I assume you're talking about the music itself, and not the sound quality. I'm sure no bootleg, however good, sounds better than an original release!
It has more music than the OST and the OST music is also on there in the original OST sound quality. The new music has very low SFX levels and sounds very listenable. Most new tracks don't have SFX at all or just a tiny bit. It's not complete, but I would definitly consider it better than the OST.

BTW: I think there are some bootlegs that do have better sound quality than the original release. It is said the "Independence Day" and "First Knight" bootlegs sounds better than their OSTs. Though I have not heard the OSTs, so I cannot compare.

BTW: I think there are some bootlegs that do have better sound quality than the original release. It is said the "Independence Day" and "First Knight" bootlegs sounds better than their OSTs. Though I have not heard the OSTs, so I cannot compare.

I don't understand. Bootlegs (the music that's NOT on the OS, at least) are ALWAYS ripped from DVDs, right? So how can that sound better than the originals from the master tapes?

The fanfare at 6:59 in "The Bridge, Finale and End Credits" Part 1 (repeated at 5:49 in the second part) is amazing.

Yeah, that's the part where the British soldiers finally arrive, if I'm not mistaken!

I don't understand. Bootlegs (the music that's NOT on the OS, at least) are ALWAYS ripped from DVDs, right? So how can that sound better than the originals from the master tapes?

no they aren't.Some Jerry Goldsmith boots and many other composer boots are recorded from master tapes.

We are just very unlucky when it comes to williams

no they aren't.Some Jerry Goldsmith boots are recorded from master tapes

Oh, so those bootlegs are done by someone actively involved with the recordings? A inside job, in other words. I like that!

There's quite a lot of bootlegs around in perfect sound quality. The Mummy Returns, The Polar Express (promo with some score tracks), Independence Day, Kingdom of Heaven (complete), The Chonicles of Narnia: The Witch, The Lion and The Wardrobe (extended), Atlantis: The Lost Empire, Dinosaur, Air Force One, First Knight, Mulan, Star Trek X: Nemesis, The 13th Warrior, The Mummy, Timeline (Rejected), Chicken Little, Lair (complete), The Scorpion King, Jurassic Park III and Troy (Rejected) come to mind.

I like this too!

At one point they're chanting (what it sounds like) "Koro . . . koro . . . koro-suzo!"

That's funny because in my language (Japanese) it means, "I will . . . I will . . . I will kill you!"

Coincidence??? :lol: Or does JW know Japanese as well?

First save using www.keepvid.com

Then convert the .flv file to .avi or something (lots of freeware for this)

Then rip the audio using something like River Past Audio Converter

But I'm sure Pieter's way is better (hence the PM...)

You can get it in MP3 from Soulseek. That's where I got it from. I uploaded the files I have now, so if you want them, just send me a PM. :)

Actually, I would've expected most forum members to already know of this one. It was made by one of the forum members here and was discussed before. I don't remember who did it though. I thought it was gkgyver, but judging by his post in this thread, it appears not. :lol:

I don't use any of these P2P programs you have to install on your computer to get MP3's .Those are the ones that the RIAA monitors for suing people.Not that I live in the U.S. but just in case.

IF I were to DL something I'd only go for it if it's a megaupload or rapidshare file uploaded by someone else.

Shareminer can find those links where scores are uploaded as zipped folders.

k.M.

:lol: The Return of the King - The Complete Recordings

Now really is this a DVD rip? (must be, for the edits)

But really there is not a single SFX in either part of the bridge & end credits...

And if it is a DVD rip it has to have better quality than the youtube stream sound.

yes,that's because the sound effects are edited out (when Indy climbs up from the bridge holding the idol)

OH.

Anyway there is enough music there to make an expanded score. Williams OSTs have deleterious edits anyway...

(Yay! 10000 posts)

no they aren't.Some Jerry Goldsmith boots are recorded from master tapes

Oh, so those bootlegs are done by someone actively involved with the recordings? A inside job, in other words. I like that!

KM is correct most of your bootleg scores these days come from the master tapes. At least when it comes to other composers. Hook came from a set of master tapes obviously but too much hiss reduction was added to it.

Also too there are a lot of cases where a bootleg score these days will sound better than the OST.

Then convert the .flv file to .avi or something (lots of freeware for this)

Then rip the audio using something like River Past Audio Converter

Funnily enough I just came across Zamzar today. Let's you convert all kinds of files online for free.

Apparently it'll even convert FLV straight to MP3, WAV or a number of other audio formats. :lol: I didn't really know that was possible but it seems to have to worked on the Underground Chaos FLV file.

And foobar reports it as a 64 CBR bitrate. Ouch.

Enough to sway the vote in the ESB vs ToD poll?

I'm afraid not, but it definitely raises my respect for the score . . . and my need of a complete release.

The parts with really bad SFX are edited out, but that still leaves us with a lot more goodness than the OST does. There's some parts that do have SFX, mostly in the beginning of the score, but mostly that's just jungle ambience.

I listened to the youtube videos a bit and this seems to be the so called "Extended" Soundtrack version, although the edits are different.

I've downloaded this of some torrent site quite some time ago, but the site is down now.

Anyway, it appears that i have all the music of those youtube videos and more in better sound quality.

Now, i'd like to make the files available to you. But i don't have a lot of traffic on my webspace.

So, someone please contact me, who could host the files for all jwfans.

I thought, this version was well known, or i would have said something before.

Thanks to Melvin Frohike, I now have a better version that has the speed and pitch of the music tracks corrected. This allowed me to re-add the album end credits to the finale track with a much less awkward edit than on my previous version. So I think I now have what would probably amount to the best Temple of Doom extended version currently available. :rolleyes:

If you want this new version, just drop me a PM and I'll send you the download link. ;)

The files are in 128 KB/s MP3. It's the best quality I have it in. I will take no credit for any of the work done on this one. It was made by one of the forum members here, but I don't recall who. The only thing I did was to modify the end credits track. I re-added the OST end credits ending instead of having the film version that had some music edited out. Thanks to Melvin Frohike's files, this edit is now much less awkward.

...this music has been available for quite some times in bootleg circles, this isn't new.

Indeed. I think most people can make their own expanded scores for TOD by using rear channel DVD rips and the OST.