'War of the Worlds' - 2 disc promo?

Russell

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The link isn't working, probably because eBay removed the listing. This very much likelly to be a bootleg, ripped from the DVD, whcih by the way, enables on this one a quite clean rip.

But if you ask nicelly, I'm sure Bernie will help you with that one :rolleyes:

Does anyone know anything about this, i.e. if it's just a bunch of rips from the DVD with sound effects etc? I can't recall seeing this anywhere before.

I can confirm that this is a bootleg. It is ripped from the DVD, some of the tracks has sound effects. It also has some source cues and tracks from the album. Same seller is also selling 4 CD version of Young Sherlock Holmes :rolleyes:

It's definitely a bootleg, but it could be one of those "pressed" bootlegs. I have bought multiple times from this one seller who has bootlegs that look and sound just like real released CD's. This could be one of them.

Remember this, if it seems to good to be true and you don't see alot of discussion about it nor for sale at online soundtrack retailers then it's probably a fake or bootleg.

It's definitely a bootleg, but it could be one of those "pressed" bootlegs. I have bought multiple times from this one seller who has bootlegs that look and sound just like real released CD's. This could be one of them.

Most of these bootlegs use silver color CD-Rs and are not really pressed. This release has sound effects included so it doesn't sound like a legit album release. I don't think it is fair to sell these fan made dvd-rips for fifteen pounds (30$)!. This seller has five of them and also many other releases. :rolleyes: If you really need to get it, buy the dvd and make a rip to our own use.

Remember this, if it seems to good to be true and you don't see alot of discussion about it nor for sale at online soundtrack retailers then it's probably a fake or bootleg.

you still have to investigate,things tend to pop up.When Family Plot surfaced I couldn't believe it at first and if it was in ebay i would have assumed it was the DVD rip/sfx thing

This seller (http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZranspa60ii) sells these "pressed" bootlegs. I don't see that War Of The Worlds here so that one I wouldn't trust the seller. But everything this guy is selling looks and sounds just like an official release. If you ever come across these and think it's too good to be true, they are worthy of buying.

I've been meaning to get SpaceCamp and Jane Eyre from him, but never got around to spending $40 on each. I already have Thelma & Louise and Follow Your Dreams Vol. 2, so I can vouch for him.

I'm almost certain it's my edit.

Look at the 2nd track.Flatline. Who else, but me, would place a source cue right there like I did with my first edit? lol...

The link doens't work for me either but I can't really read the track listing... but I am almost certain that it is my edit... or at least, a mix of mine and others.

I prefer my new edit anyways.... it's much better lol

Compare:

http://jwfan.com/forums/index.php?s=&s...st&p=252960

to what you can read... Chitty Chitty Bang Bang... Aphasia... same placements... lol