4. Exsultate Justi

5. Star Wars and the Revenge of the Sith

:sigh:

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Errr, any specific tracks you could mention??? :sigh:

1) Far From Home/E.T. Alone, The Magic of Halloween, E.T. Is Alive, Escape/Chase/Saying Goodbye, End Credits

2) Hook-Napped, The Arrival Of Tink And The Flight To Neverland, Presenting the Hook, The Lost Boy Chase, The Banquet, The Never-Feast, Remembering Childhood, You Are The Pan, The Ultimate War, Farewell Neverland

3) The Raiders March, Flight From Peru, The Basket Game, The Map Room/Dawn, Airplane Fight, Desert Chase, Marion's Theme, The German Sub/To The Nazi Hideout, The Miracle of the Ark, End Credits

4) Main Title/Rebel Blockade Runner, Imperial Attack, The Hologram/Binary Sunset, Princess Leia's Theme, The Millennium Falcon/Imperial Cruiser Pursuit, The Death Star/The Stormtroopers, Ben Kenobi's Death/Tie Fighter Attack, The Battle of Yavin, The Throne Room/End Title

5) Prelude And Main Title March, The Planet Krypton, Star Ship Escapes, The Trip to Earth, Growing Up, Leaving Home, The Fortress Of Solitude, The Big Rescue, The Flying Sequence, Chasing Rockets, Superfeats, Turning Back the World, Finale and End Title March

;)

Personally, I love to gently swim in such moods when they come, rather than thrash around trying escape from them and as a result drow from exhaustion and the cramps. So, I tend to play music which works well with the swim, rather than put a thrilling soundtrack to a scene the score is not suited for. Blueness has a rich rejuvenating depth to it, and as long as thoughts don't get too involved in it, then it needn't be 'a problem to be solved'. People who never face blueness full on, tend to be rather shallow people. At least, that has been my observation. Bouncy, but ultimately shallow people on some levels.

Anyway, yes, erm...melange has spoken it seems :lol:

Also i do not dabble in hard alcohol, drunk unmixed. Therefore it takes a huge effort for me to get sloshed in such a way that my heart no longer aches.

Getting completely and utterly drunk on cider also takes a lot of persistance and stamina.

What was your poison, KM?

I tend to stay away from certain things when I'm depressed. Like alcohol and sad music.

I find video games and uplifting cues do wonders.

Angela's Ashes

Thats a rather odd choice. I wouldn't exactly call that score uplifting.

No one said it was uplifting, but I'll say the following: while not being unshamefully uplifting, there is a very positive quality about the whole score, and the journey he present us from begining to end.

Either atmospheric, emotional cues, or fast, thick action cues (not Zimmer).

For example, many cues from King Kong (atmospheric). Or, if I really need to be in a good mood, theme from Once Upon a Time in the West.

Also depends on the time of year and the weather though - so at the moment, The Edge, Home Alone 1/2 and The Village are getting listens at the moment.

The Burbs.

The score always gives me a sense of stick with it and things will get better. A lot of is because you can just see how much fun Goldsmith had writing it.

In a blue mood I think the best music is the calm, but quietly uplifting kind. Not the "yeah, let's have fun, let's rock" kind or the "smile, life's great" kind. More like "yeah, life has its garbagety times. Don't worry, accept them, it will all get well in time".

Music for this:

-"A New Beginning" from Minority Report !!!!!!!! (Really helped me some years ago... had it on loop for a whole day *g*)

-"Back to America" from Angela's Ashes

etc. ...

"Into the West" from RotK is also good...

The Tale of Viktor Navorksi is the best feel good track.

Star Wars Main Titles

Superman March

Journey to the Island

Swing, Swing, Swing

1941 March

Harry's Wondrous World

Almost anything from Hook

etc...

For me, it's:

1 Hook: From mermaids to lost boys, the arrival of tink, ultimate war

2 Indiana jones: Raider's March

3 Jurassic Park: Journey to the Island, Welcome to Jurassic Park, Theme to Jurassic Park ( love it when the choir kicks in =) )

4 Stepmom: the day's between

5 from the star wars movies: Across the stars ( love theme to episode 2 ), Anakin's THeme, Luke and Leia, Han Solo and the Princess

Stanley and Iris works for me. Just put the whole album on and let it play.

When that has pulled me back for the brink I then switch to either Star Wars New Hope, Raiders of the Lost Ark, or Superman. No particular track, just put the albums on and play. Sometimes "You are the Pan" from Hook can work wonders too. :huh:

• 1 month later...

Actually, lately, I've been feeling a little down because the bookmark fell out of a book I was reading and now I can't find where I was up to.

So to combat this depression, I've been listening to...

1. "Arlington" from JFK

2. "Theme from Schindler's List" from... Schindler's List

3. "Theme from Angela's Ashes" from... Angela's Ashes

4. "Ray and Rachel" from War of the Worlds

5. "Munich, 1972" from Munich

If you are truly depressed then no John Williams score will cheer you up, its not possible, not with real depression.

If you are truly depressed then no John Williams score will cheer you up, its not possible, not with real depression.

I don't think this is true. You may lose interest in almost everything but retain a few core interests to grasp onto to help you through it.

Thet title of this thread indicates that we're talking about feeling depressed, which I interpret as down on one's spirits about any number of things. I don't think anyone here means to say that music will aid real, clinical depression, which indeed is a much more serious matter. That said, I don't think that's the point of this thread. Depressed here, I take to mean "generally down."

Ted

Yes if you are clinically depressed you need to seek professional help, but feeling a little blue is a different story and I believe that is the intention of this thread.

Thet title of this thread indicates that we're talking about feeling depressed, which I interpret as down on one's spirits about any number of things. I don't think anyone here means to say that music will aid real, clinical depression, which indeed is a much more serious matter. That said, I don't think that's the point of this thread. Depressed here, I take to mean "generally down."

Ted

Well, I certainly wasn't thinking of "clinically depressed" when I started this thread. Although I'm sure music cannot cure clinical depression, I think it has the power to brighten anyone's life . . . at least temporarily. And that's all you can ask for, isn't it?

That's a tough issue, I think. For some, yes, music can help greatly. But I'm not sure it's a matter of brightening one's life, if only temporarily. I think it's much more difficult than that.

Ted