Intrada Announces Jaws 3D.

Ollie

http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c.ACCT67...f?category=-101

Nice suprise.

While nowhere near Williams' work it still is a decent score. I had the LP back in my younger days.

The only thing I didn't like was the use of the "Jaws" theme. Its used very weakly thru out the score.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm suprised we didn't know about this before it came out.

Hmmm...I'll consider it.

Probably not , though. I saw the movie once, nothing in the score jumped out at me.

Oh there were some people who had an idea this was coming.

You have to visit other film score boards to find out things, just posting here with John Williams fans only won't help.

No one else knows that Intrada released 3 scores tonite because they aren't John Williams or some big blockbuster score.

Does anybody know a way to convert the music files into quicktimes or something? I can't hear them on my computer.

indy4 - who knows very little about computer technology and stuff

ps could anybody say a bit about the score, for I barley remember it from the movie

Oh there were some people who had an idea this was coming.

You have to visit other film score boards to find out things, just posting here with John Williams fans only won't help.

No one else knows that Intrada released 3 scores tonite because they aren't John Williams or some big blockbuster score.

Three scores?

I think I have an LP transfer of this, (honestly) stuck under the passenger side front seat of my car. I never bothered trying to retrieve it after it fell.

That pretty much says it all for me. :huh:

As a matter of fact, right now, I'm going to go out in the freezing cold to try and get it out of there.

If I can't even find it, I will officially be freaked out.

I know, I had planned on not buying any of the Intrada releases last night until I saw the Jaws 3D title, plus after listening to the sound clips of the other scores I bought One Night With The King. I skipped the Jerry Fielding score.

This is the first year that I've actually gave my wife a Christmas list of film scores and where to purchase them..... :huh:

I think I have an LP transfer of this, (honestly) stuck under the passenger side front seat of my car. I never bothered trying to retrieve it after it fell.

That pretty much says it all for me. :lol:

What was it doing there in the first place?

That pretty much says it all for me. ;)

What was it doing there in the first place?

:blink: I think I just tossed away from me, in order to get something else. Maybe Jaws 2. Or Jaws 1. Or "Freedom Rock."

Could somebody PM me the track samples? They won't play on my computer. I don't want the entire track (though I doubt anybody has it yet), just the samples.

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHH, I can't decide if I should get this or not!

As somebody who thinks the score to Jaws 2 is vastly superior to Jaws, what would you guys reccomend??

(this comment isn't meant to start an argument--I know that almost everybody else here thinks Jaws is better, you don't need to tell me)

I have a great sounding LP transfer of this - it is a fun score and I do listen to it from time to time......the movie is also a guilty pleasure of mine......question is, can the credit card take it after Monsignor, Alien and Christmas???

:):flush:

When considering matters of importance (e.g. money), yes, I must be careful. But the gears are starting to turn, every second leads me nearer to a purchase, there is but a shread of doubt. . . .

I'm not a total soundtrack fan. Otherwise I would have bought Monsignor, Images, and Alien.

I only have 111 soundtracks, counting the ones on the Recently Ordered list.

Indy4: Good decision. If you're looking for something memorable and exiting, then you'll get it. It's a good score. Maybe not as well written as the first two, but still. Some damn fine tunes in there (those being the Main Title, the SeaWorld Theme, the "Saved By The Dolphins" cue and "The Shark's Gonna Hit Us!" cue, which uses a repeated string line that gains intensity until the orchestra finally reaches obvilion.

I just think that alot of people overlook the score, because of the bashing that Jaws 3 gets all the time. Personally, I don't think the movie was as bad as most people make it out to be. I find the flick highly entertaining. Actually I found it to be...pretty disturbing in alot of parts with the shark. I mean cmon...a dude gets eaten alive! And the shark has almost no facial expressions whatsoever, is pale white, and is over 30 feet long (pretty f'n big compared to the one in the first two). I like how Parker uses these ultra low strings to score the shark, which I think worked very nicely.

While I disagree with you enjoyment of the movie, I am very optomistic that the score will be worth it, and that only helped. I'm glad to see more people here know about this score, I don't regret my purchase at all. Thanks! :)

I bought the score on 83 , but I will not do it again , there is some good material on it but some are copy/past of "rite of spring" and "First Blood" only the "main titles "with its fanfare reprised from a TV show that Parker scored in the 80' s retain my attention,as well as the love theme which is fair, but the whole score is far to be as good as its predecessors...

Actually the mechanical shark is Jaws III looked the most realistic of the 4 Bruces.

I will say this for Jaws III, it was better than Jaws The Revenge.

I never make that decision with my mind, but with my heart.

I trust my instincts.

The only way to be!

I find that most illogical.

Strong words by someone who prefers Jaws 3D over Alien :happybday: