Images (1972 score) - 2007 Prometheus Records, 2012 BSX Records

Lurker

I ordered it,whatever,since it'll probably be sold out like tomorrow.The boot I had is full of crackles and pops anyways.

this score is creepy,I always stop listening halfway through.

Nowhere near as wanted as Family Plot though

I'm assuming this was the "MAJOR HOLE" in a composer's catalog to which Ford Thaxton was referring...

Well this is the release I've been hinting at that I thought might be Family Plot. I felt there might be a possibilty it could be Images or Black Sunday (by some miracle).

Did anyone see the other 2 releases, Jerry Goldsmith: The Early Years and Ken Wannberg's The Philadelphia Experiment / Mother Lode?

Marian,

According to Chris from SAE this pressing comes from the actual Academy Promo LP which has much better sound than the bootleg. It's the only surviving source for the score.

Yeah but it's ordered. I think this is gonna be sold out tomorrow or so.

I'm assuming this was the "MAJOR HOLE" in a composer's catalog to which Ford Thaxton was referring...

So no Family Plot then? :lol:

Ordered! :lol: This was a real surprise for me. I did not have any idea this was in the works but I am not complaining. First Monsignor and now this! Not a bad autumn for a JW fan.

Well I'm cleaning up the blood, hiding the body, and trying to salvage what's left of the contents when my wallet exploded. Not to mention thinking about what I'm going to tell those who are getting no Christmas from me this year.

But I'm going to be getting Images. :D

think Close Encounters in some aspects... the atonality and disjointedness... it's barely listenable from what I've heard... but apparently, a very great score for the film which i've not seen... except a part with the girl running through the forest in her mind...

The only thing of Images I've ever seen or heard was from that BBC doc on Empire. Going by other's opinions I'm expecting not to like it much, but of course I want to hear it for myself. And it's a collectable to brag about.

And this pretty much solidifes that while 2007 has been totally forgettable for new scores, it will be remembered thanks to the amazing re-releases we've been given.

For those who have never heard this score be prepared for music that is the complete opposite of Star Wars or "boommtzzzzz"

This ain't Harry Potter.

it's atonal, dissonant and creepy.

Even for "challenging Williams"-challenged people like myself, there's still the beautiful little "Dogs, Ponies, and Old Ruins." I'm very excited about this, if only to be able to hold another JW album in my grubby little hands.

I believe you're right, just give it a little adjustment, there! it's back in tune.

That seems to be a problem with quite a few members on this board.

John's post was obvious, I don't know how I missed it the first time. But occasionally it's really hard to detect sarcasm without actually hearing the person's tone of voice.

You fellows have brought a troubling issue to light. Truly there is a multitude of problems associated with the identification and comprehension of sarcasm. Those of us that choose to use sarcasm must use it clearly and responsibly, leaving no ambiguity or room for interpretation, lest we lead innocent victims of textual misunderstanding astray.

You fellows have brought a troubling issue to light. Truly there is a multitude of problems associated with the identification and comprehension of sarcasm. Those of us that choose to use sarcasm must use it clearly and responsibly, leaving no ambiguity or room for interpretation, lest we lead innocent victims of textual misunderstanding astray.

Truer words have never before been spoken.