Images (1972 score) - 2007 Prometheus Records, 2012 BSX Records

Lurker

You fellows have brought a troubling issue to light. Truly there is a multitude of problems associated with the identification and comprehension of sarcasm. Those of us that choose to use sarcasm must use it clearly and responsibly, leaving no ambiguity or room for interpretation, lest we lead innocent victims of textual misunderstanding astray.

Truer words have never before been spoken.

I agree with that.

Woo-Hoo! :huh:

I'm lucky enough to have the promo LP but this will also do. My poor credit card; I suppose somebody on my Chrissie Pressie list will have to be removed. :huh:

Now....Black Sunday, Family Plot, and Complete Indiana Jones (with ToD not recorded by LSO of course)...

Ok I just ordered this

What does it sound like, I've never heard it before

Atonal and Aleatoric. Moody and atmospheric. This is Williams in "modern arty" mode. Dont expect any catchy, hummable tunes a la star Wars. Williams composed the score by working with a sculptor, and WIliams uses the sculptures as instruments.

Ordered. I hope that hearing this score will open the minds of some fans to a very different side of John Williams and a different side of music as a whole.

Ordered. I hope that hearing this score will open the minds of some fans to a very different side of John Williams and a different side of music as a whole.

It doesn't mean it's any good as standalone music

I like Bloodmoon and Dogs,Ruins and Old Ponies ,the rest is just weird.

Mine came today and I love it! It's strange no doubt, but very interesting. A nice contrast to Monsignor which came last week.

Mine came today and I love it! It's strange no doubt, but very interesting. A nice contrast to Monsignor which came last week.

wow that's pretty fast.

I got an email that they shipped,but I'm not holding my breath getting before christmas

wow that's pretty fast.

I got an email that they shipped,but I'm not holding my breath getting before christmas

Yeah, I was surprised when I opened my mailbox today. I figured it would take a few weeks. But I'm not complaining. :D

Do they e-mail you once they ship it? All I've got so far is this: Thank you for your order (121107-182340-582) from SAE/FSM. If you have pre-ordered an item or your item is out of stock, it will be shipped as soon as your order is complete. Please wait four to six weeks to inquire about orders not received. If you have a question, please email orders@screenarchives.com immediately and include the order number.

Yes they do but I usually get the e-mail the day my package arrives. :)

Don't worry SAE has top notch service and they will get your goods out on time.

Do they e-mail you once they ship it? All I've got so far is this: Thank you for your order (121107-182340-582) from SAE/FSM. If you have pre-ordered an item or your item is out of stock, it will be shipped as soon as your order is complete. Please wait four to six weeks to inquire about orders not received. If you have a question, please email orders@screenarchives.com immediately and include the order number.

That's the only e-mail I received. That's why I was surprised to get the CD so soon.

Bootlegs are readily available and those are mostly good enough for me. But when a re-release comes out, with awesome liner notes, I can't say no. I like to get more for my $25 than just the music.

I haven't heard the bootleg so I can't really comment on what improvement, if any, there is in the sound. In fact, I'm not really an expert on sound quality, so you're asking the wrong person. There's definetly what I'd describe as an atmospheric hiss in the background, but it didn't really bother me. Whether that's because it's from an LP transfer or just because it was recorded 35 years ago, I have no clue. At any rate, the percussion, strings, voices, and a guy sounding like he's throwing up on Track 6 are loud and clear enough so that I don't notice the hiss on most of the tracks. Again, I'm the wrong guy to ask about this. To me though, it sounds better than the expanded Jaws release or the Family Plot boot which are both from that period.

As far as the booklet goes, there are 10 pages of notes and pictures. The first 6 1/2 pages talk about the film and the score and include some comments from an interview with Williams last year. I thought it was a nice introduction to the music and the film since I wasn't familiar with either. The rest of the booklet is a track listing with a small paragraph after each title describing where it appears in the film (or what scene it was originally written for). Some of the notes describe the music generally speaking, while others simply describe the action in the particular scene the cue is composed for. The credits for the album are all on the back cover of the CD.

Unfortunately, my copy did not come with a fold-out poster, stickers, or any CD-ROM links to a website full of screensavers or music videos. Consequently, I can give the CD no more than 2 stars.

Unfortunately, my copy did not come with a fold-out poster, stickers, or any CD-ROM links to a website full of screensavers or music videos. Consequently, I can give the CD no more than 2 stars.

:)

Damn! I'll see if I'm still in time to cancel my order!!!!

:lol:

Mine arrived to today, to my surprise! I opened my mail box and saw that nice yellow bubble mailer, a good sight. I went to my room to put it im my computer and saw the SAE e-mail telling me it was shipped. I guess they ship really fast.

Oh, and it came with a nice "Jerry at the Podium" collector's card. :)

As for the sound quality, it is a HUGE improvement from the bootleg I have. No clicks at the beginning of each track, no noticeable buzz, all nice and clear.

Mine arrived to today, to my surprise! I opened my mail box and saw that nice yellow bubble mailer, a good sight. I went to my room to put it im my computer and saw the SAE e-mail telling me it was shipped. I guess they ship really fast.

Oh, and it came with a nice "Jerry at the Podium" collector's card.

Same here, I got mine Saturday but an email came today saying that it has shipped. I got a Gerald Fried card though, want to trade?

Oh, and it came with a nice "Jerry at the Podium" collector's card.

Same here, I got mine Saturday but an email came today saying that it has shipped. I got a Gerald Fried card though, want to trade?

No thanks. lol

And I think my brother got that card with his Navajo Joe score.

You can remove your name from SAE's emailing list so you don't receive their advertisements for new releases. I'd hardly call it spam.

After giving this a listen I must say the sound is very good for a 1972 LP transfer. It's too bad Williams didn't get a chance to do more scores like this. It's nice to hear his "avante-garde" side.

FSM began this almost a year ago, I believe.

I've got some of them, no Williams or Goldsmith though. In fact I don't even remember who I have, they're on top of my CD shelf, somewhere.