Who wrote the TWilight Zone intros?

indy4

Just curious. I know Serling narrated them, but who actually wrote them??

Especially this one:

You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into... The Twilight Zone

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I LOVE that ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is tied in first for my alltime favorite rides.

You should, for both of them. You're adrenaline gets pumping, it is just one of the best feelings....!

indy4- who knows that somebody will take his perfectly innocent comment and change it into something sexual :pukeface:

I know it's 199 feet (200 and they'd have to put up airplane lights, which would take away from the theme of the ride), and I believe it's 13 stories.

God, I was SO SCARED waiting in line, hearing the screams, thinking about it, I was seriously considering getting off. But then, I experianced it, and there was absolutley no doubt in my mind that I wanted to do it again. Once again, waiting in line was torture, but this time it was because I wanted to get back in that small elevator again!

The screams are rather misleading. When you're on the ride, you are so caught up in the thrill and adrenaline, that it makes the experiance much more fun if you scream. The screams are not as much out of fright as out of excitement.

Once the first drop has occured, it is not scary at all. In fact, I was in an elevator full of new comers [including me(they ask if you're a newcomer before the drop)], and when I went to the giftshop to see the picture, EVERY SINGLE person was smiling or laughing, there was not a look of fright or horror on anybody.

I'm getting that wonderfully tingly feeling in my stomach as I type this right now....I wish I were in Los Angeles!

If I was in that picture I would be dead of fright! I think the highest drop I've ever been on is 80 feet, on the Jurassic Park ride at Universal Studios. I was younger back then and actually misread the pamphlet and thought it was 8 feet! We went over this little bump of a drop and I thought that was it, and then the real one came right after that. The bad part was that it was pitch black.

:pukeface::music:

I remember that ride! I didn't even know there was a drop, I thought it was just a cute little ride with little dinos fighting over popcorn bags. When the drop came, I fell on my knees, and I wasn't even in the picture!

I went on it again, rather recently, and I loved it.

I had a similiar experiance with the Indiana Jones ride.

I'm not sure if this is the right answer... I haven't watched a Twilight Zone show in ages.

Herrmann, who wrote the pilot (with Williams on the piano) also wrote a couple of main titles that were barely used.

The well know main titles, were taken from library recordings, by Marius Constant, the avant-garde french composer. The main title music was made of two short pieces from that libary.

I'm not sure if this is the right answer... I haven't watched a Twilight Zone show in ages.

Herrmann, who wrote the pilot (with Williams on the piano) also wrote a couple of main titles that were barely used.

The well know main titles, were taken from library recordings, by Marius Constant, the avant-garde french composer. The main title music was made of two short pieces from that libary.

Yes, the music during the narration belongs to Marius Constant .

Ah, thanks Miguel and Jerrygollay!

However, I was actually wondering who wrote the narration that Serling says.

indy4 - just noticed that there were 13 responses before this one....