Muppet Movie?

Eric_JWFAN

Anyone know of a release of this or bootleg? I'm trying to find the original version of Rainbow Connection with Kermit singing, but so far my only options seem to be youtube. Nothing but LPs on Ebay and nothing on iTunes.

When you say original version, what do you mean? Only the album version has ever been released. The film version with the orchestral intro is still only in the film. And since Disney owns it now, the only expanded release we'll ever see will have nothing more than Disney Channel Kids of the Week singing awful covers. (Coincidentally, Raven already sang Rainbow Connection a long time ago.)

While the 1993 CD release of the Muppet Movie soundtrack is practically impossible to find for a reasonable price, the song has been collected more recently on The Muppet Show: Music, Mayhem, & More and Best of the Muppets Featuring the Muppets' Wizard of Oz, and you shouldn't have any trouble finding those. (No more trouble than the average soundtrack, anyway.)

I wish the movie versions of the songs would be released. On the soundtrack release (I have the vinyl) the songs sound like they've been rehearsed a little more and it sort of takes away from the charm. Especially on the love song "Never Before". Frank Oz sings this as Miss Piggy, and in the movie version he goes waaaaay out of tune on the last note. It's hilarious! Really really funny! I was so disappointed when I played the vinyl soundtrack release to hear that he sings it much more in tune. It honestly loses something.

When you say original version, what do you mean? Only the album version has ever been released. The film version with the orchestral intro is still only in the film. And since Disney owns it now, the only expanded release we'll ever see will have nothing more than Disney Channel Kids of the Week singing awful covers. (Coincidentally, Raven already sang Rainbow Connection a long time ago.)

While the 1993 CD release of the Muppet Movie soundtrack is practically impossible to find for a reasonable price, the song has been collected more recently on The Muppet Show: Music, Mayhem, & More and Best of the Muppets Featuring the Muppets' Wizard of Oz, and you shouldn't have any trouble finding those. (No more trouble than the average soundtrack, anyway.)

Yeah I am looking for the film version with that symphonic opening. I guess the only way to obtain this is rip it from the DVD which won't be a problem. One question though, do I get the older release or the 50th Anniversary Edition? I was thinking the newer one, but I've read on Amazon reviews that this one's musical score sounds more compressed and not as lively. Anyone know?

Yeah I am looking for the film version with that symphonic opening. I guess the only way to obtain this is rip it from the DVD which won't be a problem. One question though, do I get the older release or the 50th Anniversary Edition? I was thinking the newer one, but I've read on Amazon reviews that this one's musical score sounds more compressed and not as lively. Anyone know?

I LOVE that version of Rainbow Connection.

The orchestral score accompanying Kermit was so intricate and unique all on its own.

That would be too bad if they didn't release it.

• 5 years later...

Bump... because coinciding with the Blu-ray release of The Muppet Movie this fall, Paul Williams has confirmed that the soundtrack will be rereleased too. Hopefully, that means on CD. Would be great if it came from Intrada.

Mark's response is perfect, exactly what I thought of. My god I've been hoping for that (and the others) to get a re-release, though preferably with the score and any other bits and bobs they had (cut songs, demos). Cannot have enough Muppets! (Disney really need to finish releasing The Muppet Show)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It's just a reissue of the original album, which is better than nothing. I'll appreciate being able to delete what used to be legal when Napster was.

iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/muppet-movie-original-motion/id674668425

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DEKKDEQ?tag=disney-20

• 2 weeks later...