Concert and filmscores on Youtube

jerrygollay

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's aight'. Sounds much like a lot of scores I hear in independent European films.

The String Quartet, I think you are not taking advantage of those performers skills, they seem capable of much more. What you gave them was a little simple perhaps. But they nevertheless performed it with gusto.

It's aight'. Sounds much like a lot of scores I hear in independent European films.

The String Quartet, I think you are not taking advantage of those performers skills, they seem capable of much more. What you gave them was a little simple perhaps. But they nevertheless performed it with gusto.

I agree ,The string quartet miss rehearsal(s)... By another hand (!) they want to perform this music again, and I find some Quartets that want to perform it as well !!!

Is that so? well, I still think you should revise it. It's a little simplistic for this kind of performer.

Is that so? well, I still think you should revise it. It's a little simplistic for this kind of performer.

Simplistic , simplistic , may be ... The first violin is the weakest performer of the quartet , the arpeggios aren't that precise as well as the harmonics ...

Simplistic is better to touch the audience , You have no idea how many people came to me to shake my hand backstage , contrarly to the others composers that were performed , so isn't neccessary to be elaborated to touch the public ... My music sounds European ? Great to read , I am French :devil: !!!

I am happy to share what I can exprim with my music , either for concerts or film media , it is not revolutionnary music , but at least it have themes and my sound ... ;) T>he quartet "movement" will be extended some day, I was commissioned to score something short , with the idea to extend it if the public like what is on the "menu" , they liked , so I will do , not immediately , as I have to finish the score for " Ami de jamais" ...

Well ok. fine. i think I am the only one who actually gives a damn about your music anyway, so you know, don't kick a gift horse in the mouth.

I like how you jump from one minor to the next.

But this thing has been done many times before.

Plus the half notes tend to be very boring after a while.

The players are pretty bad too

My honest opinion is that you need a lot of work if you seriously thinking in getting involved in film music.

Keep it up though man