"The New York Philharmonic This Week" features Williams concert

scissorhands

This past September's Williams concert in New York is to be broadcast this week in the weekly program "The New York Philharmonic This Week".

http://nyphil.org/attend/broadcasts/index....roadcastKey=149

Check out your nearest radio stations in the following page (date and time varies in each case)

http://nyphil.org/attend/broadcasts/index....e=localstations

The concert will be available in webcast stream from the New York Philharmonic website for two weeks, starting this Friday.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't knew those facts... anyway, I only use RealPlayer for radio broadcasts...

Having said this, I'm currently listening to the encores from the concert (yay! this time they've included the encores, unlike last year's broadcast). Sugarland Express playing now. Olympic Fanfare will be the final one.

A really brilliant performance of the NY Philharmonic overal.

Yeah, it happened to be the NBC News theme instead.

We could pull what the ticket scalpers do, "Anyone selling tickets??" When they are the actual ones selling.

Nobody recorded this right? :devil:

Anyway I went to one of the concerts, but still want to see it.

Yeah, it happened to be the NBC News theme instead.

We could pull what the ticket scalpers do, "Anyone selling tickets??" When they are the actual ones selling.

Nobody recorded this right? :devil:

Anyway I went to one of the concerts, but still want to see it.

Yeah... so many members of this board in the US, who don't have to stay up untill 3 a.m. to record to full thing, and get up some 3 hours later to go to work, surely many of them took the time to record it, right? RIGHT?

Ah scissorhands I love you!! I totally forgot about this!!!! I have my radio on now, but I missed the opening =[ oh well. I can hopefully listen to it in work tomorrow, that will definitely brighten my day.

That was such an amazing concert....up until I chased his limo half a damn block trying to get him to sign my star wars arrangement. *My friends say they are going to create an online game called "Catch that Limo" consisting of me trying to catch Williams' limo and Danny Elfman randomly popping up asking "Don't you want my autograph?" and me having to punch him out of the way to get Williams' autograph along with other obstacles :D*

So "Olympic Spirit" got the axe but at least they included the encores. Good stuff and errrr yeah i would never break copyright laws... Or something... :D

Thanks for the heads up!

Enjoyable concert, but am I correct in saying that Williams mistakenly referred to the first piece of the Jane Eyre suite as the theme for the school (which goes along with the also incorrect title), when it's really the "Restoration" theme? Gotta love that memory ;)

If anyone can record/post/p.m., i would be especially grateful. I do not have realplayer on my work computer. thanks!

Well, you could always install RealPlayer...

Miguel, wondering if people did checked this thread.

No, I can't install Realplayer on my work computer and no I did not see that thread.

I am wondering why it would be illegal to share something that is free to download from the owner?

Enjoyable concert, but am I correct in saying that Williams mistakenly referred to the first piece of the Jane Eyre suite as the theme for the school (which goes along with the also incorrect title), when it's really the "Restoration" theme? Gotta love that memory wink.gif

He also explained how Aunt Marge's Waltz is from the second Harry Potter film. Poor guy. He probably just doesn't care.

Yeah, I caught that too. But it wouldn't really be a Williams concert without a few of those little slip-ups (or the ever popular story about the NBC theme)!

If anyone can record/post/p.m., i would be especially grateful. I do not have realplayer on my work computer. thanks!

Well, you could always install RealPlayer...

Miguel, wondering if people did checked this thread.

well fair enough, but I would'nt recommend anyone to install that.

Enjoyable concert, but am I correct in saying that Williams mistakenly referred to the first piece of the Jane Eyre suite as the theme for the school (which goes along with the also incorrect title), when it's really the "Restoration" theme? Gotta love that memory wink.gif

He also explained how Aunt Marge's Waltz is from the second Harry Potter film. Poor guy. He probably just doesn't care.

Well, it was the second Harry Potter film JW did, because William Ross...

Never mind.

:)

I am listening to it currently, and I love it. I especially love the three pieces from Jane Eyre. If one wanted to record this, how would they go about doing it? I wouldn't be recording to share. I have RealPlayer, so that wouldn't be a problem.

-odnurega1, who is waiting to get to the Sugarland Express encore.

If one wanted to record this, how would they go about doing it?

The answer to that question would be something we'd rather not see on this website anymore.

OK, nevermind then.

So "Olympic Spirit" got the axe but at least they included the encores. Good stuff and errrr yeah i would never break copyright laws... Or something... ;)

Ah I knew something got cut but I couldn't put my finger on what.

Wow. I didn' t realize it, but apparently realplayer has improved.. I listened to it at 176 kbps! Last time it was 96 and very "wet" sounding.

Reeeeeally wish I had known about that sooner. :lol:

Long story, but I ended up frying my audio drivers the other day trying get the concert in a decent format. (Thank Microsoft for System Restore, even though it blue-screened on my first attempt.)

Turns out RealPlayer has a built-in record function, but uses a very odd .ivr video format which I found out only after much Googling can't be converted unless you upgrade to the Pro version. After making a few coasters trying to burn to CD (and subsequently frying my audio drivers when I tried updating them) I gave up.

This whole ordeal has firmly cemented my hatred of all things RealNetworks.

Then there are multitudes of programs out there that can easily convert rm to mp3 or wav or whatever format you prefer.

Recommend anything? I'm really sick of Googling for conversion programs if you know what I mean.

Reeeeeally wish I had known about that sooner. :lol:

Long story, but I ended up frying my audio drivers the other day trying get the concert in a decent format. (Thank Microsoft for System Restore, even though it blue-screened on my first attempt.)

Turns out RealPlayer has a built-in record function, but uses a very odd .ivr video format which I found out only after much Googling can't be converted unless you upgrade to the Pro version. After making a few coasters trying to burn to CD (and subsequently frying my audio drivers when I tried updating them) I gave up.

This whole ordeal has firmly cemented my hatred of all things RealNetworks.

Then there are multitudes of programs out there that can easily convert rm to mp3 or wav or whatever format you prefer.

Recommend anything? I'm really sick of Googling for conversion programs if you know what I mean.

J Dan-- google "Boilsoft." They have a rm to mp3 converter for free. Never have used it, so I can't tell you if it will also convert to wav...

Listening to the webcast streaming right now-- wow! What an amazing concert! The NYPO plays superbly well ("Sound the Bells!" never sounded so bright and glorious).

I wish some radio station did the same for the unforgettable Chicago concerts of last November... :lol:

UPDATE: Gee, the performance of "Hedwig's Theme" really knocked my socks off!! Brilliant! It's even better than the OST recording, imho.