Marc Papeghin's French Horn Tributes!

Marc

Hey guys, I entered a SOLO competition held by the progressive rock band The Tangent... and made it amongst the 10 finalists !

Now it's up to internet users to choose whose solo's going to end up on the album ( released in september )

Here's my entry :

And if you feel like voting :

=> http://www.thetangent.org/

And then click on SOLO COMPETITION - MAKE YOUR CHOICE

Thanks in advance ;)

• 3 months later...

Absolutely terrific Marc! Once again you blew me away with spectacular playing and your arrangements are out of this world! Well done sir! Thank you for sharing this! :worship: :worship:

Thanks !

Some of the craziest things I've ever played in that one..

Especially the woodwind parts....horns aren't used to seeing that many notes :lol:

Very cool arrangement Marc! Very cool video too. I like how you took the "The Asteroid Field" title (and John Williams name at the end) from his original sketch of the music :)

• 5 weeks later...

Just saw this on youtube today- it's terrific!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had no idea Marc played so many different instruments. I'm ridiculously impressed!!

bowdown

• 4 weeks later...

Such amazing playing! Just listened to The Asteroid Field! I play horn as well and holy cow it would take me so long to work up just ONE of those crazy parts! Incredible technical ability on the horn!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I feel like doing something in the vein of my Asteroid Field - French Horn Version ....you guys have any suggestions/requests ?

Basically I'm looking for a ~3 min cue ( not necessarily JW )

[media=]

Those are great suggestions !

And as a matter of fact, I had already recorded 20 seconds of the Skateboard Chase but never got around to finishing it for some reason...so thanks for reminding me of that ;)

Indeed ;)

I recorded a whole bunch of solos for the Zelda Reorchestrated Project ZREO

They recently recorded an 18 000$ choir for it :eek: ( all kickstarter funded )

I think it should be released by the end of this year, and from what I've heard of it so far, it will be amazing !

Hey, what kind of mic do you use when you record yourself? Is it a pick-up on your bell? I'm looking for something better than my Mac's built-in mic, something the horn won't blow out and won't pick up my breathing so much. If there is any particular mics you recommend I'm all ears!

• 2 years later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Heh, awesome.

Never played that game, so not familiar with the music. I like what I hear here, though!

Love the middle-eastern part around 1 minute and a halfish in