Marc Papeghin's French Horn Tributes!

Marc

Did you catch the little furtive snippet of a certain score I inserted around 5'10 ?

I was about to comment on that. Heartbeeps if I am not mistaken. ;)

As usual I was blown away (no pun intended). There's no point in telling you how amazingly talented you are. Not only are you a great player, but the arrangements and especially the segues from one cue to another are beautiful and extremely musical. I'm convinced the Maestro himself would enjoy these. Send them!

Did you catch the little furtive snippet of a certain score I inserted around 5'10 ?

Oh, it's Heartbeeps! That took me a second to recognize. I was excited when I heard it though. One of my absolute Williams favorites.

Excellent work here, again.

Thanks again to you all !

About Heartbeeps, actually I've wanted to include it for a while but I'd never found a way to make it work musically in the previous parts.

But this time the general mood of the piece was just perfect for Heartbeeps to make its appearance ;)

pixie_twinkle> I'd sent a CD with parts I, II & III more than a year ago to the Gorfaine/ Schwartz Agency mail address but I'm quite sceptical about where that CD landed in the end :thumbup:

I've been in contact with Williams' grandson, even his niece via a composer friend of mine...but I've never really known if he's ever listened to it...anyway I sure hope he will eventually !

I've been in contact with Williams' grandson, even his niece via a composer friend of mine...but I've never really known if he's ever listened to it...anyway I sure hope he will eventually !

Heather right? I've never met her, but I know somebody who knows somebody who knows somebody who knows Heather (who knows John). Not even joking.

Yep that's her !

She's occasionally in contact with her aunt (JW's wife) via email but hasn't seen them in years.

Heather right? I've never met her, but I know somebody who knows somebody who knows somebody who knows Heather (who knows John). Not even joking.

I am jealous! :mrgreen: You are truly a god among men

• 2 months later...

No relation to JW but I didn't want to open a new thread for this...

So here's my latest work...french horn and...TV show themes :angry:

Awesome video and awesome playing yet again Marc! :angry: Always a pleasure to hear a new arrangement from you!

Thanks!

But what was with the blue horn?

I take it you've never watched How I Met Your Mother ?

There's a "blue french horn" thing going on in the show, kind of an inside joke :unsure:

Could you guys confirm if my new video works on your computers...

Looks like it's been blocked for certain countries only , courtesy of FOX ®™..

( works fine here in France..)

It does not work here in Finland at least. Blocked by Fox, for copyright. :lol:

You don't play on Conn, do you? I know they're not as popular in Europe, but it seems like you're playing on one of the bigger style horns.

It's often mistaken for a Conn 8D but no...it's a Holton H179 :o

• 2 weeks later...

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

General call to this forum !

I've been trying to have the sheet music for my JW tribute Part 1 published for a year and a half now, without any results.

Publishing houses such as Hal Leonard or Alfred just won't take any outside submissions and only work with their "own established teams of arrangers".

On my side, the demand for the sheet music is still high and I receive emails about it on a daily basis...

If anybody here knows someone working at those publishing companies, maybe it could be my way in !

Just looking for any way I coould make it happen...thanks ;)

General call to this forum !

I've been trying to have the sheet music for my JW tribute Part 1 published for a year and a half now, without any results.

Publishing houses such as Hal Leonard or Alfred just won't take any outside submissions and only work with their "own established teams of arrangers".

On my side, the demand for the sheet music is still high and I receive emails about it on a daily basis...

If anybody here knows someone working at those publishing companies, maybe it could be my way in !

Just looking for any way I coould make it happen...thanks ;)

Is their any reason why you NEED to go through those two publishers? I realize that they are generally Williams' contracted publishers, bur I know that there are many other smaller publishers out there who will consider your work provided you obtain the rights for your arrangement yourself. I know, because I've been working on getting several arrangements published, including my concert band arrangement of the Great Escape march. Just an idea! Look elsewhere.

• 3 months later...

Here's a new piece I've just released..

No medley/arrangement this time... but an original composition of mine for horn quartet !

Excellent work as always Marc. I've merged all your threads together into one, to hopefully get some more visibility of your work and the many different arrangements you've put together. Feel free to edit the first post to include links to all your work!

I especially liked the TV show one and the Dream Theater ones!

Excellent work as always Marc. I've merged all your threads together into one, to hopefully get some more visibility of your work and the many different arrangements you've put together. Feel free to edit the first post to include links to all your work!

I especially liked the TV show one and the Dream Theater ones!

Thanks for that Jason..first post edited !

Ordered! Keep up the good work, I'm the real fan...!

Thanks, have fun playing it :D

• 4 months later...

Here is my latest work !

In a few words : 28 composers, one score from each... here's my Horn Tribute to Film Music :)

Wow! Absolutely marvellous! You are the man! Excellent playing and expertly married to the images. :)

Thanks guys ;)

Was a fun one to create and play ! ( especially the BTTF, Psycho and Robin Hood parts, had a blast doing those )

You have an incredible talent for creating seamless transitions between pieces. BTTF to Psycho was spine-tingly effective! Bravo again. Wonderful job on the film too. Was that all your own work?

It must take a hell of a long time to make these videos. I mean first make a plan what to play, in which order,

then make arrangement and write the parts out( or are they all in your head?).After that record( and film) all the parts(which seems to

be the easiest part of this project for you :wink: )and then edit all of this together. It must take weeks or even many months...

Well we obviously have brilliant, hard working and multi-talented people on this message board. And indeed the great effort on all departments is very appreciated. If it sounds good gushing, I make no apologies. Your work is fantastic Marc and thank you for sharing it with us. :)

I'm quite a control freak when it comes to these videos so yeah, I do everything from A to Z.

And it's a long process indeed...this one took 5 weeks.

The easiest part is actually building the medley !

When I'm doing one of those I just constantly have it playing in my head and the whole structure is ready pretty quickly.

Then it's all about arranging, experimenting, recording, filming, editing...

The most tedious parts for me are mixing and getting all of the film segments ( which I want in HD of course ... :rolleyes::P )

But the best part is seeing it taking shape, finally watching it and telling myself "Yes...it works :) "