Want to hear some music from Minority Report (very likely)?

Sandor

Head over to the new official site (www.minorityreport.com) and you'll hear a few seconds of music (very, very likely from John Williams' upcoming score) looped over and over again.

OK, it's just a few seconds, but it sounds cool nonetheless...

Bye,

Roald

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

John Williams's increasingly extensive utilization of ideas from his The Lost World: Jurassic Park music is proving how remarkably underrated that score is...

My fear is that much of Minority Report might simply be The Lost World + heavy synthesized effects. That bothers me because a) I wish he'd come up with somewhat more original soundscape for Minority Report's futuristic world; and b) Williams isn't particularly savvy with electronics when it comes to making them prominent (not referring to his tasteful use of it in, say, AOTC, the eletronic guitar aside).

I just hope he'll turn that techno part from A.I.'s Moon Rising cue into a two hour score.

But hey, that's just me!

Bye,

Roald

I just hope he'll turn that techno part from A.I.'s Moon Rising cue into a two hour score.  

But hey, that's just me!

Bye,

Roald

You bet that's just you! The last thing I want Williams doing is rehashing the most embarrassing part of an otherwise excellent score.

It was perhaps a bit out of place in that score.

But I would love to hear Williams doing a full score based on that idiom. Imagine this older, classically trained composer delivering beats and bangs that would silence guys like Moby or Fatboy Slim...

Wouldn't that be an ubercool thing?

Well, not for you I guess. But I would really get a kick out of kids buying the Minority Report soundtrack and labelling it as 'cool' or 'rocking'. I'm sure that idea alone is enough to make you sick, but I sort of see the fun in these things.

I hope it will happen.

Bye,

Roald

But I would love to hear Williams doing a full score based on that idiom. Imagine this older, classically trained composer delivering beats and bangs that would silence guys like Moby or Fatboy Slim...

Wouldn't that be an ubercool thing?  

I must agree that it would be interesting, but I really prefer to listen to more conventional work, vintage Williams stuff. :mrgreen:

That movie's site is pretty nice. I like the concept art section of it. That was just too cool with the way they had the animatics and such.

The music used during the intro was used in the original teaser trailer for Minority Report, and bears a striking resemblance to "Leaving Home" from Superman - The Movie, where Clark finds the green crystal in the shed.

Neil

What "striking resemblance"? The MR music used percussion. "Leaving Home" didn't. More like "striking anti-resemblance."

Well, the music played in the trailer1, is it the original music of "Minority Report"? The Choral part is really great! Is it really from Williams' MR??

PLease tell me!

Well, the music played in the trailer1, is it the original music of "Minority Report"? The Choral part is really great! Is it really from Williams' MR??

PLease tell me!

No, it isn't.

And part of the music from the first trailer is, in fact, from Sumerman-The Movie (Leaving Home)

Somebody said that in some US TV show there were snippets of MR were s bit of the score was heard... didn't anyone record this and can upload it? It would interest me much ;)

-Chris

Hlao-Roo: Johnny was asked to make that sequence very rhythmically driven and to incorporate electronics so as to convey the whole mindset of machinery and futuristic setting.

Director - finding moments of Doyle's Gosford Park rather emotional