"Williams & LSO London Concert" coming soon...

mahler3

Sue Mallet (LSO concert administrator) confirms that after many attempts at enticing Williams back for a London concert, he has promised a concert during Feb 16-20 2005. Hurrah! :wow:

Please see the below e-mail for your perusal:

Dear Tim,

I could not agree with you more and it is not for lack of trying to get him over here. The good news is that John has promised to give a series of concerts in February 05 during the period February 16 -20 which will be just after he has recorded the music with us for the last of the Star Wars series.

Regards

Sue Mallet Administrator

London Symphony Orchestra

Barbican Centre, London EC2Y 8DS

Tel: +44 20 7588 1116, Fax:+44 20 7374 0127

-----Original Message-----

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sue Mallet (LSO concert administrator) confirms that after many attempts at enticing Williams back for a London concert, he has promised a concert during Feb 16-20 2005. Hurrah! :wow:

Please swear this is not a joke

I wonder if this concert will be the same as the concert he held in May 1980. As most of you know, that concert was the world premiere of "The Imperial March."

If this concert is planned to do the same thing for a "Star Wars" concert suite, I'll definitely be there!

Jeff -- who has always been looking for a reason to go to London

I hope my MD recorder will still be working by them.

Stefancos- who will definatly be going.

Great, we all can meet there and discuss things with the fear of being punched in nose for our opinions, unlike here!

-ROSS, who MIGHT be going

For someone living in the USA, and can attend a Williams concert any time he likes that might seem like a long time.

But to us Europeans, starving and begging for a morsel of our beloved fav composer, it's almost worth staying alive for.

Stefancos- who just hopes the concert will contain only music from Sleepers, Nixon and Minority report. :)

Wonderful, this is great!

This will be the best birthday gift ever!

Oskar - who will turn 20 on February 19th 2005

My goodness! :wow: It will be an unforgettable brithday present for me TOO!

Maurizio -- who'll turn 27 on February 10th 2005, two days after Johnny's birthday and the same day of Jerry Goldsmith's birthday, i.e. Aquarius is the sign of creativity... :mrgreen: