Happy 76th Birthday to John Williams!

henrythomasgirl

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy birthday not only to the dear maestro, but also to our own Hlao-roo who shares this very special day with him!

;)

Kathy

Happy birthday!

I was going to write some elaborately wonderful prose, but I'm too tired.

Don't tire yourself out, Jeff. You've got a birthday of your own to celebrate in a couple days. :lol:

Wow! Thanks for rememberig my birthday. I'm going to a birthday dinner tonight and will officially drink to John's and my birthday.

Jeff -- finishing up the 13th annual John Williams Film Festival

My piece for JW birthday found here

http://www.badongo.com/file/7689268

Nice piece AI. I think Williams would like it too. (what sample lib do you compose with BTW?)

Good to hear it. (for the last two pieces, sample lib is Roland Edirol Orchestral)

You've clearly got a good sense of motivic/thematic imitation and development, something that is a rarely used in a lot of film compositions these days (save for Williams).

The Edirol Orchestra isn't bad but I'm sure these pieces would sound outstanding played by a real orchestra. Do you compose using a notation program like Finale or Sibelius or do you use a DAW like Cubase, Logic, Sonar, or Digital Performer? Your compositions sound pretty well thought out with some nice contrapuntal movement which would suggest you notated things. At least that's my impression.

Holy crap!!!!!! MY thread is on the home page of JWfan.com!!!!!!! *faints*

I'm famous.... <_<

A legend in your own Lunchtime. You go girl!