Star Wars - The Clone Wars

Joe Brausam

Well, I guess I'm crazy. I liked this movie, but it appears that I may well be the only one.

Then you can call me crazy too. I really liked it as well. Lots of fun, good story, and great action.

And the comment on the battle droids...they were like that in the prequels. "Roger roger" and the AOTC finale...come on, did you actually think that's the dialogue of a ruthless killing machine!

The music worked really well in the film as well.

As far addressing bad dialogue...the entire series (meaning all 6 films) has it. That is not an isolated incident. I actually liked the dialogue and thought Obi-Wan had quite a cool attitude.

If there was anything I didn't like, it was Ziro Hutt's voice...I kept thinking Cartman.

Overall, a very enjoyable Star Wars show.

Jamesyboy

And the comment on the battle droids...they were like that in the prequels. "Roger roger" and the AOTC finale...come on, did you actually think that's the dialogue of a ruthless killing machine!

It sounds very mechanical, or something a soldier would say. Nowhere near the whole "you're outnumbered" exchange ("No, one...two...three...BOOM!).

As far addressing bad dialogue...the entire series (meaning all 6 films) has it. That is not an isolated incident. I actually liked the dialogue and thought Obi-Wan had quite a cool attitude.

It was never this bad: "Well you better get focused, because things just got a whole lot harder!"

Don't get me wrong - there were some good and new ideas in the film (particularly the action sequence that was fought going up the vertical cliff), but overall the film was uninteresting in many ways.

It was never this bad: "Well you better get focused, because things just got a whole lot harder!"

Okay, now you're just being silly. In no way is that bad dialogue. It's uninspired, but if you're watching a Star Wars movie expecting Mamet or Milch or the like, you've taken some sort of odd detour. In fact, this dialogue comes from one of the movie's better scenes.

This movie has problems, no doubt about it. Somewhere on the web earlier today -- can't remember where, but it hailed from an interview given to MTV, I believe -- I read that George Lucas dictated to the filmmakers that Ziro the Hutt be made to sound like Truman Capote. Now, that's not only a bad decision, it's an epically bad decision. That's my biggest problem. My second-biggest is the lame, confusing newsreel-style voiceover in the prologue. My third is the score, which is uninspired in every regard and, for my taste, makes far too little use of the well-established Williams themes.

These three problems (two major, one fairly minor) are offset by all the things in the movie that I liked. Maybe I've just become so casual a Star Wars fan -- even of the original trilogy, which seems less awesome every time I watch it -- that I've developed the ability to simply tune out the various moments of Lucasian infantilism and incompetence.

I hated the comical twist that was added to all the battle droids, it made them seem like blundering idiots. They were no longer mindless machines intent on killing

And...can you point me where in ROTS are the battle droids 'mindless killing machines' and not clowns? I dont know why but George Changed his mind about them for tham movie.

Well seeing the trailers in spanish, I can't complain about the voice overs, all voice talents seem to be the same from the movies.

I hated the comical twist that was added to all the battle droids, it made them seem like blundering idiots. They were no longer mindless machines intent on killing

And...can you point me where in ROTS are the battle droids 'mindless killing machines' and not clowns? I dont know why but George Changed his mind about them for tham movie.

Well seeing the trailers in spanish, I can't complain about the voice overs, all voice talents seem to be the same from the movies.

That's another part I disliked in RotS.

However, it was not NEARLY as bad in RotS as it was in TCW.

I have rewatched Episode III because now after The Clone Wars I was in prequel mood.. and just rediscovered how much I like his film, it's not that bad..on most parts its very good. And only now I detected how goofy these droids have become.. but I find that hilarious! :lol:

also the german dubbing voices are perfect fine actors soo the lame acting in the original version doesn't bother me (but unfortunately I can't hear the performance by Ian McDiarmid..and exept for the "No, no, no.. you will die"-scene that's a pity)

I have rewatched Episode III because now after The Clone Wars I was in prequel mood.. and just rediscovered how much I like his film, it's not that bad..on most parts its very good. And only now I detected how goofy these droids have become.. but I find that hilarious! :lol:

I love RotS, it has some flaws, but I think it's in the same league as the originals. The Anakin's Dark Deeds scene, with Palpatine in the Senate is one of the greatest scenes ever created.

(6) Ventress. She's a bad-ass. And she's kinda hot, in that weird way that animated characters can be hot. Or is that just me that that happens to? Heh heh, um...

Nope.....20 years on and I still get a flagpole for Jessica Rabbit :lol:

Greg - who also thinks Revenge of the Sith is fantastic.....apart from a few goofy moments.....and who is looking forward to seeing Clone Wars in a perverse kinda way.....

For me ROTJ emperor was better in psanish than english. But in the prequels not so.

to me its the same!

Emperor,

no sample :lol:

Darth Vader very machanical and great

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=OoL4EOYQges

Yoda (The Voice Actor was I think 83 when dubbing yoda and thats how it sounds) I grew up with THAT yoda and I love this yoda.. doesn't sound like Oz

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=jJt7TFEpbQo

I love RotS, it has some flaws, but I think it's in the same league as the originals. The Anakin's Dark Deeds scene, with Palpatine in the Senate is one of the greatest scenes ever created.

:|

:|

well that's the highest opinion I have heard someone has of this movie...

I think this movie could have had so many getting-carried away moments.. just images and strong wounderful music... but anytime something like that starts to develop there is an annoying Spaceship flybye or a lightsaber soundeffect, mixed to loud TO DISTRACTING!

to me the movie is right behind The Phantom Menace.. which is right behind the original trilogy..after thse 5 films I think for lightyears and an eternal darkness comes nothing.. and then AOTC but only the Soundtrack!

Revenge of the Sith is better than Return of the Jedi.

no its not, Revenge of the Sith is a terrible, REPEAT TERRIBLE MOVIE,

Return of the Jedi is a flawed but not terrible film.

there are parts of ROTS that are so bad, SO BAD, as to almost completely ruin the film.

From the stupid opening with the effects vomiting all over everything to the Frankenstein walk, ugh.

It is good to see that for once America isn't taken in the by the last bastardization of Star Wars.

:angry:

Perhaps. There's nothing in Revenge of the Sith as boring as Return of the Jedi's first half.

there are parts of ROTS that are so bad, SO BAD, as to almost completely ruin the film.

From the stupid opening with the effects vomiting all over everything to the Frankenstein walk, ugh.

It is good to see that for once America isn't taken in the by the last bastardization of Star Wars.

To be fair, this movie doesn't feel or look like Star Wars. It wasn't marketed as Star Wars. I've been a lifelong Star Wars fan, only recently heard that the movie was coming out this month, and have no desire to see it. TO me it's like those Ewoks movies. Not Star Wars at all. We can bich about the prequels, but bottom line in my opinino is that flaws and all, at least they were Star Wars and had some of the magic.

;)

Perhaps. There's nothing in Revenge of the Sith as boring as Return of the Jedi's first half.

The tedious Endor sequence and forest battle is Jedi's real rock bottom. My opinion of the movie has plummeted the last few years.

You know sometimes I think.. "This scene now was so unrealistic and pathetic.. what must have all the others thought when george said: Cut, Great!" I imagine george being somehow like Edward Wood.. how just can't divide good from crap.. or doesn't pay attention

ROTS has many flaws and only a few of them are really outstanding bad (the whole "You have to choose" scene, the first steps of darth vader + his "desperate" Nooo...) wouldn't you agree, Joey?

and again.. I have the great luck to experience as ubbed versions.. so the voiceacting is soo much better then the original! ;)

The Frankenstien walk still doesn't bother me. The man just got new legs attached for pete's sake. Could have done without the "nooooooooooooo" though.

The opening battle in RotS is fun. Not nearly up to the level of the space battle in Jedi (one of the few great parts of the movie), but much better than the forest battle.

I prefer Revenge of the Sith to Return of the Jedi, also. Personally, I think the originals are over-praised in some camps . . . probably the same camps that over-deride the prequels.

And this coming from someone who breathed, slept, and ate Star Wars from, oh, let's say 1980 through 1995.

Just saw Clone Wars and thought it was a great "Extended Universe" adventure. George has better control over the characters, but it was exciting and fun. Much better than a Star Wars comic book.

;)

yeah if you a mtv breast fed brat in need of ritalin.

^_^

yeah if you a mtv breast fed brat in need of ritalin.

I am. How'd you know?

For me ROTJ emperor was better in psanish than english. But in the prequels not so.

to me its the same!

Emperor,

no sample ^_^

Yoda (The Voice Actor was I think 83 when dubbing yoda and thats how it sounds) I grew up with THAT yoda and I love this yoda.. doesn't sound like Oz

Vader Speaking German = Awesome

to me its the same!

Emperor,

no sample ^_^

Vader Speaking German = Awesome

My good they sound very much alike the spanish version. How odd they dont resemble (yoda mostly) their english counterpart.

Even luke is very similar.

Vader-Luke

The Emperor

My good they sound very much alike the spanish version. How odd they dont resemble (yoda mostly) their english counterpart.

Even luke is very similar.

Vader-Luke

The Emperor

yes they sound very good indeed

hmm yoda .. well if I only could show you an example of the scenes when he luke meets him the first time.. this is awsome adorable.. such a wounderful raspy funny voice this is my alltime favourite scene from all the star wars movies! :lol:

yes they sound very good.. german and spanish. by all these rants that are done against dubbing foreign films.. I really have to defend the Star Wars films + Indiana Jones.. they are just awsome!

For us Indy is a little screwed, Radiers has one voice talent, and the other three have Luke's voice talent (not han solo, which is the most used voice talent for Ford :(), i dont mind the Luke one, but the 1st one is rather dull compared to.

Shame that Luke's dubber said in an interview that if he was asked to re-dub Raiders he will not do it, because he thinks the other person did an excellent job. He sounds like a purist :lol:

An interview with Kiner from the latest FSM Online:

George would bring me CDs that his kids were listening to, and he'd say, "Can we incorporate some of this into the score?"

:lol:

Read Stefan's signature.

And please Stefan, put the font BIG.

Let the unnecked hutt know where he is going with his fans :lol:

DAMN! If Lucas' children had been William's fans we might even had had a score by the man hilmself, but nooooooo they had to be casual pop-rock music fans and ask his daddy to rape the SW symphony. :(