Star Wars - The Clone Wars

Joe Brausam

The score for tonight's episode -- by Kiner, I assume -- featured a cue that, politely speaking, heavily borrowed from Bram Stoker's Dracula's "Vampire Hunters."

It also featured several odd and, to my ears, inappropriate excursions into Matrix-style techno. (I'm referring to the songs used in the movie, not to Davis's score.)

All I ask of the score is that it not blatantly suck, and tonight, it couldn't even manage that. A shame, as I otherwise quite enjoyed the episode.

Why is techno inappropriate? This isn't a film in the Star Wars saga. It's a cartoon aimed at children. I don't see the problem with using kinds of music that JW would never write.

I'm really looking forward to this week's "Bombad Jedi." It's written by Kevin Rubio of TROOPS and Tag & Bink fame.

Why is techno inappropriate? This isn't a film in the Star Wars saga. It's a cartoon aimed at children. I don't see the problem with using kinds of music that JW would never write.

kids should lbe listening beautiful scores like the disney movies or warner-disney-hanna barbera cartoons.

Not techno.

I suppose children have changed so much since i was one of them...

each to there own, but personally don't think it works well with Star Wars. But I understand that its not a movie from the Saga, but again its still Star Wars

kids should lbe listening beautiful scores like the disney movies or warner-disney-hanna barbera cartoons.

Not techno.

I'm sure Kiner's music is nothing special, but let's not categorically reject the techno genre.

Not techno.

I'm sure Kiner's music is nothing special, but let's not categorically reject the techno genre.

for children? Yes i reject it.

each to there own, but personally don't think it works well with Star Wars. But I understand that its not a movie from the Saga, but again its still Star Wars

So is this.

:|

And I thought TCW was bad.

You know, I never had problems with "Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi". I found it to be quite good, and an excellent ending to an excellent saga (though some would dispute that). In fact, I had no idea this film was even widely disliked until I met you guys. Oh, the horrors that JWFan.com hath wrought.

I love Ian McDiarmid's perfomance (as I do in the prequels, he owns RotS), the Luke/Vader/Emperor triangle, and the space battle. And the score, of course. The rest gets worse every time I watch it, to the point that I could hardly stand it the last time.

hi

i'm lookingh for Clone Wars Chronological track order

thx a lot :ola:

my 1st try :

01 - A Galaxy Divided

02 - Admiral Yularen

03 - Battle of Christophsis

04 - Meet Ahsoka

05 - Ahsoka

06 - the Jedi Council

07 - The Shield

08 - Battle Strategy

09 - Sneaking Under the Shield

10 - Obi-wan's Negotiation

11 - Destroying the Shield

12 - Jabbas Palace

13 - Jabbas Chamber Dance

14 - Landing on Teth

15 - Scaling the Cliff

16 - Bomarr Monastery

17 - Dooku speaks with Jabba

18 - Battle of Teth

19 - Obi-wan to the Rescue

20 - Courtyard Fight

21 - Escape from the Monastery

22 - Rough Landing

23 - Dunes of Tatooine

24 - Ziro's Nightclub Band

25 - Seedy City Swing

26 - Infiltrating Ziro's Lair

27 - Padme Imprisoned

28 - Anakin vs. Dooku

29 - Jedi dont Run

30 - Ziro Surrounded

31 - Fight to the end

32 - End Credits

• 2 months later...

This series continues to make me smile.

The one previous to this week's, 'Trespass', was fantastic. This week's was pretty good, a nice prelude to the film.

Interesting to see 'Zam The Assassin and The Chase Through Coruscant' make an appearance, too.

I have honestly not been keeping up with this series. Occasionally, though, I watch it with one of my younger brothers, and I am surprised by the quality of it. The show is getting better as it progresses, I would say. Kevin Kiner is starting to do good things, too.

• 1 month later...

The bounty hunter they introduced on the season finale tonight.

It's looking like he'll be the main villain for next season.

Cad_Bane.jpg

The bounty hunter they introduced on the season finale tonight.

It's looking like he'll be the main villain for next season.

Cad_Bane.jpg

Wow.

I like Jango and Boba more.

"Nick", who still has not been watching this series.

Maybe in terms of overall looks, but this guy actually displayed competence and wasn't killed in a stupid fashion within minutes.

It's a good series, "Nick". It has some of the same annoyances with the prequels (mainly overemphasis on unfunny comedy) but the stories are a lot more compelling.

Maybe in terms of overall looks, but this guy actually displayed competence and wasn't killed in a stupid fashion within minutes.

But the novels are a different story, and I am not sure if I intended that pun.

It's a good series, "Nick". It has some of the same annoyances with the prequels (mainly overemphasis on unfunny comedy) but the stories are a lot more compelling.

Well, I have not been completely out of touch with this series. As I said some posts up, I occasionally watch an episode with one of my younger brothers time to time, and I liked what I saw, for the most part. And you can use my real name if you feel so compelled, Charlie.

I kinda stinks that Season 2 is pretty much finished and we have to wait until the fall before season 2 starts.

I mean, they were already showing clips of the Season 2 premiere last night.

Clips of that episode are on the Clone Wars movie Blu-ray.

It has some of the same annoyances with the prequels (mainly overemphasis on unfunny comedy) but the stories are a lot more compelling.

Case in point: the first appearance of the senate was as an action setting, not for boring diplomatic crap.

Am I the only one who was not bored by the politics featured in the Prequel films?

I didn't mind the politics featured in the Prequel films. I found it pretty interesting that one man a Sith Lord no doubt master mind everything and slowly rose to power in the Republic and no one knew the true identity until Revenge Of The Sith.

thats fine, if he was a non force-sensitive beign.

But I still want a true explanation (and not some kind of made up explanation/after-thought) on how he avoided detection by the Jedi Masters he usually walked with.

They should have made him an untrained force-sensitive, and show the jedi saying him that how a great jedi diplomat he could have been if discovered as a child or something. Because since the jedi thought the sith were exticnt they would still not think the chancellor could be one. And because someone had HAD to notice since im sure he had many blood analysis in his life and nobody noticed his midi-chlorian count....

I dont know. Just something.

I give the season a 9. It's an absolutely gorgeous show.

My one complaint... The Music. Obviously Kevin Kiner is no John Williams, but the music is absolutely wall to wall. Every episode is literally plastered with sound. It's too much. They need to do a better job spotting which scenes have music and which ones don't. When it drones on, nonstop, not only do the sound effects get buried, but no musical cues really stand out. If they were to release a soundtrack CD, is there any cue that you'd hope would be on it? None that I can think of.

I also think they are pushing Kiner too hard. No one composer should have to score every episode from start to finish. I would like to see them allow other composers to contribute, sort of like the old Amazing Stories show, which was a wonderful who's who of 1980s film music composers.

Anyway, I can't wait to enjoy these on BluRay. I'm actually considering not watching season 2 on Cartoon Network and just waiting for the box sets to be released. The presentation via Cartoon Network is el stinko.

thats fine, if he was a non force-sensitive beign.

But I still want a true explanation (and not some kind of made up explanation/after-thought) on how he avoided detection by the Jedi Masters he usually walked with.

They should have made him an untrained force-sensitive, and show the jedi saying him that how a great jedi diplomat he could have been if discovered as a child or something. Because since the jedi thought the sith were exticnt they would still not think the chancellor could be one. And because someone had HAD to notice since im sure he had many blood analysis in his life and nobody noticed his midi-chlorian count....

I dont know. Just something.

I cannot remember, but I think I remember hearing (or perhaps reading) the explanation in some Star Wars-related thing that Palpatine was so powerful that he could create a "void" for himself, so as to evade detection.

I'm actually considering not watching season 2 on Cartoon Network and just waiting for the box sets to be released. The presentation via Cartoon Network is el stinko.

Though I do not really watch the show, I would think that the "Oh boy, that was cool, I cannot wait for next week's episode!" factor would be half the fun of watching the series.

My one complaint... The Music. Obviously Kevin Kiner is no John Williams, but the music is absolutely wall to wall. Every episode is literally plastered with sound. It's too much. They need to do a better job spotting which scenes have music and which ones don't. When it drones on, nonstop, not only do the sound effects get buried, but no musical cues really stand out. If they were to release a soundtrack CD, is there any cue that you'd hope would be on it? None that I can think of.

From what I remember of the episodes I watched, they were very poorly spotted, and there would be music that played when it was not necessary, and scenes that went unscored that could have been positively affected by score.

Cool as it would be to hear a Michael Giacchino score one week, and then to hear a David Arnold score the next week, I am not sure if the "Amazing Stories" approach would work, partially because the "who's who" list is unfortunately smaller than it was 20 years ago (I had to scrape my mind for the David Arnold bit), and a lot less varied, if I may speak from my small amount of experience.

Cool as it would be to hear a Michael Giacchino score one week, and then to hear a David Arnold score the next week, I am not sure if the "Amazing Stories" approach would work, partially because the "who's who" list is unfortunately smaller than it was 20 years ago (I had to scrape my mind for the David Arnold bit), and a lot less varied, if I may speak from my small amount of experience.

There's nothing amazing, however, about these stories.