Star Wars - The Clone Wars

Joe Brausam

Yes, that is Christopher Lee. But Ewan... I thought it sounded like him too, but I haven't heard anything about it elsewhere. I'd be really surprised if he was willing to do it.

Also, Jabba's son Rotta is apparently also known as "Stinky." Take that as you will.

It's been reported a while back that Christopher Lee voices Dooku and Sam Jackson does Mace. Too bad they couldn't' have brought all the original actors to do the voices for this. I would have loved the original actors over people I've never heard. However I admit this does look good but I'll wait for it to hit DVD. It's interesting to read Fox rejected this.

Edit: I think Anthony Daniels does Threepio in this too.

I think I will miss the Fox theme at the begining...I agree. Somehow, that Fox logo just sets the right mood for Star Wars. (I still think it's cool that the four-disc box set included the Fox music. That was an awfully nice touch.)

I'm looking forward to hearing Warner's "As time goes by" at the beginning so I can set my pacemaker to jolt me when the movie's over.

It's been reported a while back that Christopher Lee voices Dooku and Sam Jackson does Mace. Too bad they couldn't' have brought all the original actors to do the voices for this. I would have loved the original actors over people I've never heard. However I admit this does look good but I'll wait for it to hit DVD. It's interesting to read Fox rejected this.

Edit: I think Anthony Daniels does Threepio in this too.

Haha :nono: we dubber countries will get the original cast as in the other clone wars series

This film won't be a huge hit. Its intended audience will just be going back to school when this is released. It should have been released much sooner.

To me this looks sh*t.

Take away the blatant and cheap use of SW music and it's a f**king run of the mill cg cartoon.

I don't know the budget of the thing, but it will have to have been made on the relative cheap if its gonna make any money. Kids will be more excited for Madagascar 2, than for this listless effort.

To me this looks sh*t.

Take away the blatant and cheap use of SW music and it's a f**king run of the mill cg cartoon.

I don't know the budget of the thing, but it will have to have been made on the relative cheap if its gonna make any money. Kids will be more excited for Madagascar 2, than for this listless effort.

the film will have an original score.

BTW its a TV series, so i suppose its cheaper than a standard CGI film.

Funnily it looks better than crap like ice age.

hey whatever on IceAge, this one looks like bantha poodoo.

It's a hidden message board rule that Luke isn't allowed to say anything negative against Star Wars.

He has to trash things that are better than lame ass prequel cgi junk.

I have to admit, the new Clone Wars trailer actually got me kinda excited about seeing the movie (and the series, for that matter).

But I still think it's going to have a long, uphill battle to do much business.

It's a hidden message board rule that Luke isn't allowed to say anything negative against Star Wars.

He has to trash things that are better than lame ass prequel cgi junk.

What are you (fcking) talking about??

I HATE the music treatment the prequels have.

I dislike very much the anaking riding the naboo cow...

I dont like Hayden on ROTJ.

Anakin-Padme dialogue is well... cheesy.

And yes, the OT has some awful special effects that should be CGI-fixed :(

And sorry, Ice Age is no Pixar, that's for sure.

It has awful animation. Looks like some nickelodeon CGI series.

And the squirrel is annoying, and a little tired up recurring joke...for 3 movies!

Luke, you should be slapped, rolled in fire ants, and snake bit.

There were no bad effects in Star Wars or the Empire Strikes Back.

Luke it's impossible to remember everything on this board but I rarely see you saying anything negative about Star Wars.

Considering Ice Age was one of Fox's fist ventures into CGI cartoons I think they did a good job.

And Scrat is funny.

Oh there most certainly are and I'm glad of it.

Thankfully, even the SE's preserved one or two shots with bad effects intact. How they slipped through the net I do not know.

I've only seen the first one and it was surprisingly quite charming. You won't convince me otherwise.

Well, you didnt go to watch the second one, did you? :(

I was just teasing

Luke it's impossible to remember everything on this board but I rarely see you saying anything negative about Star Wars.

Then things like 'there's a hidden rule' should not be said?

I'm not offended anyway, but when i insult Lucas... heck, i expect some recognition as is a thing i would not do normally...

Considering Ice Age was one of Fox's fist ventures into CGI cartoons I think they did a good job.

Well this is Lucas Animation* first venture (into anything). Lets see if they do a good job.

BTW, remember this is a TV cartoon, and CGI this quality has not ben used before for TV cartoons. Lets see if it works as a film for theaters. (but seeing some of the CGI manure - not just Ice Age- that has been unleashed and succeded on theaters this one should be profitable.

*just in case someone makes the joke about 'what are AOTC and ROTS then?' Since that is Lucasfilm-ILM :(

And Scrat is funny.

And Jar Jar too. From a certain point of view.

Well this is Lucas Animation* first venture (into anything). Lets see if they do a good job.

Why to I have this bad feeling that's where the five animators that are left after LucasArts is finally shut down are going to end up? :(

also if you choose to play the sharpshooter game there is a new snippet of music, of the star wars main theme. pretty sweet. brass and strings sound real. kinda reminds me of an elfman spiderman titles mixed with john williams stuff. im excited for this thing.

hey at least they are giving us some live orchestral stuff, even if it is a mix. its 100% better than 100% synths and patches and loops. and listen to that star wars main theme "arrangment" in that sniper game menu. you had to have been at least a little happy to hear that. optimistically speaking, i am thinking there will be more music like that.

true, but hey, at least we get the a bit of the star wars theme and not some new "melody/ pop progression/ cliche war music progression" thing that was done on garageband (which will probably show up). and again it seems like its half live orchestra mix (listening to the sniper game menu snippet) with varying brass orchestration and string runs, not just horn/trombone FF blasts one noters with percussive slams, its a fusion. a better fusion than i am used to hearing.

• 3 weeks later...

"Coming in time for the August 15 theatrical release of The Clone Wars feature is a soundtrack CD featuring the movie's dynamic score. Composer Kevin Kiner has created a unique musical experience for Clone Wars which builds upon the classic themes created by John Williams. The CD will include 32 tracks for a run-time of 67 minutes, 39 seconds. The soundtrack insert folds out into a Clone Wars poster. The CD is scheduled for release on August 12 from Sony Classical."

front_bg.jpg

cd_sm.jpg

poster_bg.jpg

Article

and i hope it gets released complete.

Why (clone wars) gets a compete release and indy doesnt.

Lucas:

:middlefinger:

:P

Luke it's only 67 minutes of music for a cartoon.