Star Wars - The Clone Wars

Joe Brausam

Given that the new film will probably be about two hours long, this release won't be complete at all. So there you go, Luke.

What the hell is a Joe?

Me thats who, you got a problem with that.

and AOTC is williams and still its bad.

Given that the new film will probably be about two hours long, this release won't be complete at all. So there you go, Luke.

The majority of cartoon movies last 90 minutes.

I had assumed this movie's lenght would be similar.

So was the music that was posted here from the movie or just another video game?

It was from the film.

Look, from what we know so far, there are plenty of things about this film I already don't like, just as there are some that I do, but I'm gonna reserve judgment on the score until I actually hear it (and more than just a minute-long, badly edited loop). If it's no good, there will be plenty of time to bash after the fact.

The majority of cartoon movies last 90 minutes.

I had assumed this movie's lenght would be similar.

I'm inclined to agree with Luke. This movie is apparently just the first three episode story-arc of the series. Each episode is a half hour, so I assume this will be between 80 and 90 minutes.

Here are links to some early reactions to the TV show, all of which are positive to one degree or another:

http://www.thrfeed.com/2008/07/first-look-clon.html

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracke...tar-wars-t.html

http://www.premiumhollywood.com/2008/07/11...tca-press-tour/

Obviously, this board is mostly turned off by the movie/series, but I've been getting steadily more and more excited since seeing the first trailer. These reviews of one of the series episodes sound promising, though. Oen of them says that the animation isn't Pixar-level, but is on the level of Kung Fu Panda, which would be pretty astonishing for a tv series. Another says that it's the writing which is the reason to tune in. Another says that the series looks as if it has the potential to be better than all the prequels put together.

It's all hyperbole to me until I've seen it for myself, but everything here is starting to sound more and more like something to look forward to.

Here are links to some early reactions to the TV show, all of which are positive to one degree or another:

http://www.thrfeed.com/2008/07/first-look-clon.html

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracke...tar-wars-t.html

http://www.premiumhollywood.com/2008/07/11...tca-press-tour/

Obviously, this board is mostly turned off by the movie/series, but I've been getting steadily more and more excited since seeing the first trailer. These reviews of one of the series episodes sound promising, though. Oen of them says that the animation isn't Pixar-level, but is on the level of Kung Fu Panda, which would be pretty astonishing for a tv series. Another says that it's the writing which is the reason to tune in. Another says that the series looks as if it has the potential to be better than all the prequels put together.

It's all hyperbole to me until I've seen it for myself, but everything here is starting to sound more and more like something to look forward to.

I honestly liked the Clone Wars cartoon series more than I liked the prequels themselves. It was a fun kids' show (yes, fun!) that didn't pretend to anything more. But this new series has good writing? "Kidnapped, Jabba the Hutt's son has been. Negotiate the treaty with Jabba, Obi-Wan will. Find the renegades that hold Jabba's son, your mission will be, Skywalker." Yeah, we'll see...

I honestly liked the Clone Wars cartoon series more than I liked the prequels themselves. It was a fun kids' show (yes, fun!) that didn't pretend to anything more. But this new series has good writing? "Kidnapped, Jabba the Hutt's son has been. Negotiate the treaty with Jabba, Obi-Wan will. Find the renegades that hold Jabba's son, your mission will be, Skywalker." Yeah, we'll see...

I am about to watch Volume 2 of the Tartakovsky Clone Wars series in a few minutes. I was entertained by the first set of episodes, although I do think that the Jedi powers got too exaggerated at some points. But in other scenes, they are pretty cool.

I'm going to remain skeptical of this new movie/series until I've seen it, but I'm definitely more interested than I was before reading those reviews.

The writing may well be a strong point. Paul Dini wrote at least one episode. (Aside from his numerous credits, he also wrote what is, IMO, the best episode of Ewoks—"Battle for the Sunstar".) Kevin Rubio has also written at least one, and if you're familiar with his work, you know that we should be in for an entertaining episode.

I am about to watch Volume 2 of the Tartakovsky Clone Wars series in a few minutes. I was entertained by the first set of episodes, although I do think that the Jedi powers got too exaggerated at some points.

Wait till you see Yoda pulling down Trade Federation ships from flight. Which brings to mind another thing, in The Force Unleashed trailers, we see the Secret Apprentice bringing down a friggin' Star Destroyer with just the Force! With TFU supposedly being canon, talk about royal overkill. (not that Force powers have been consistent in the movies)

Wait till you see Yoda pulling down Trade Federation ships from flight. Which brings to mind another thing, in The Force Unleashed trailers, we see the Secret Apprentice bringing down a friggin' Star Destroyer with just the Force! With TFU supposedly being canon, talk about royal overkill. (not that Force powers have been consistent in the movies)

Yeah, all that stuff strikes me as being just silly. I don't mind the idea of Yoda as an incredibly powerful Jedi, but a little goes a long way, and when he's doing things like whanging troop transports into one another, we've gone waaaaay overboard. BUT, I don't mind it too much from that kind of animation, which is exaggerated and unrealistic to begin with. It makes the Tartakovsky series more of a throwaway piece of entertaining fluff than anything else, but I kinda expected that anyways, and wasn't put off by it. Several of the Jedi were pretty cool, and I enjoyed seeing Obi-Wan and Anakin be friends, an element that was too little present in the prequels for my tastes.

I would guess that this new series won't be taken to such extremes in the action scenes. And if it is, I probably won't be sticking around for long.

Yeah, all that stuff strikes me as being just silly. I don't mind the idea of Yoda as an incredibly powerful Jedi, but a little goes a long way, and when he's doing things like whanging troop transports into one another, we've gone waaaaay overboard. BUT, I don't mind it too much from that kind of animation, which is exaggerated and unrealistic to begin with. It makes the Tartakovsky series more of a throwaway piece of entertaining fluff than anything else, but I kinda expected that anyways, and wasn't put off by it. Several of the Jedi were pretty cool, and I enjoyed seeing Obi-Wan and Anakin be friends, an element that was too little present in the prequels for my tastes.

I would guess that this new series won't be taken to such extremes in the action scenes. And if it is, I probably won't be sticking around for long.

It's been stated that Force powers will be kept to the levels we saw them at in the films, rather than Tartakovsky's vision.

Hey an Interview with The Clone Wars Music Composer Kevin KINER

gosh... even John Williams himself with 76 talks much more fluently ;)

http://www.scorenotes.com/interviews.html

"...We use a lot of tricks to make it sound like a big orchestra....." Ohhh my sounds familiar <_<

and George discussing every note of it..... douns just great, but who cares anyway

find it inresting that they sent it to johnny to aproof it

As far as I have understood, only the parts which uses Williams material was rechecked by John. This is no surprise in regards to Johny's "I am in control" mode.

Furthermore did Kevin said "Theme" or "Themes"? I could live with some new nice renditions of John's music here but as far as I am concerned we just get the SW Main Theme which I cannot hear anymore.

As far as I have understood, only the parts which uses Williams material was rechecked by John. This is no surprise in regards to Johny's "I am in control" mode.

Furthermore did Kevin said "Theme" or "Themes"? I could live with some new nice renditions of John's music here but as far as I am concerned we just get the SW Main Theme which I cannot hear anymore.

I've heard the main theme and Duel of the Fates (just the ostinato) in the various preview clips going around.

Luke, the orchestra size is really pretty impressive given the medium of Clone Wars and the budget. Kiner said they used a 90-piece orchestra for the film and are employing a smaller ensemble of live musicians for all the TV episodes. That's better than a pure synth soundtrack, which is what most TV shows get.

I think I'll see it in theatres, it looks okay. And besides, there's no other interesting looking films coming out in August.

I think I'll see it in theatres, it looks okay. And besides, there's no other interesting looking films coming out in August.

Not interested in PINEAPPLE EXPRESS?

Not interested in PINEAPPLE EXPRESS?

what another pot smoking unfunny aptow film filled with vulgar humor that critics will love.

I think I'll pass.

I dunno...I'm not thrilled about this. As someone with the rebel alliance symbol tattooed to his body, I'm kinda star-wars'ed out. It's just not as "special" as it used to be. We can all thank George for that.

I'll be there opening day but, at the same time, I don't have high hopes.

I'm not wasting money to watch a film about a lousy war that is poorly explained and executed.

I didn't care about the characters in the films and I doubt a cartoon will change my mind. Now I will keep an open mind for the music. If it turns out to be the qaulity of McNeely's Shadows score I might buy it.

If it's that crap that was posted earlier in the thread then I'll definately pass.

I will definitely be seeing this in theaters with the kids I babysit for probably the day it comes out and I'll be pre-ordering the soundtrack too. I wanna give this a fair shot, the music of course its not Williams worthy but Kiner said there will be a fair bit of Williams themes through out so it cant be that bad.

Personally, I kind of wish that Williams did TCW movie and saved the tv show for kiner. I personally loved RotS and would love for some more Star Wars Williams music.

"It will have a more epic feel then the prequels did..." (on the score). I highlyyyyy doubt that, AotC maybe, but RotS and TPM i really cant see.

Edit: Okay I'm listening to the interview and I'm zoning in and out but I did just hear this "(about the movie)...there's a lot of purple everywhere...and the shoes..." WTF?! is he going with the artists-do-well-while-on-crack angle?

The Force Unleashed by Mark Griskey will be a better Star Wars score than this. Unfortunately, it won't be released. I'm not even sure about ripping the game files, since it isn't coming to PC... Hmm...

Up until now, I had kept from commenting on the Clone Wars, trying to decide what exactly my stance was on the situation was.

I will say that I am, unashamedly, a Star Wars prequel fan.

But I must say that I really wish that they were not cheapening what I believe to be a quite good six part saga, by making these. It seems obvious that all they are doing with this is milking the franchise. Whereas the prequels had heart, and were completing a story, all this looks like is an excusing to use more 'cool' CGI effects.

I could be wrong, but even if these end up being well done (which I doubt), it still will have added nothing to an unrivaled saga that should have been left alone.

At least, those are my thoughts.

And it doesn't help that they basically transferred the Tartakovsky designs to 3D form. I would've liked something a bit more realistic, but as it is, they almost may as well have just expanded the cartoon. I mean, I'm ready to be proven wrong, but that decision really kind of rubbed me the wrong way.

Up until now, I had kept from commenting on the Clone Wars, trying to decide what exactly my stance was on the situation was.

I will say that I am, unashamedly, a Star Wars prequel fan.

But I must say that I really wish that they were not cheapening what I believe to be a quite good six part saga, by making these. It seems obvious that all they are doing with this is milking the franchise. Whereas the prequels had heart, and were completing a story, all this looks like is an excusing to use more 'cool' CGI effects.

I could be wrong, but even if these end up being well done (which I doubt), it still will have added nothing to an unrivaled saga that should have been left alone.

At least, those are my thoughts.

I'm a prequel fan also, and I couldn't agree more. Let it rest, move on.

I'm a prequel fan also, but I don't think this can really do anything to harm the SW saga. So even if it sucks, I'll be okay. But I really don't think it'll be that bad. Watching the clip, Anakin had some bad dialouge that was delivered terribly ("Follow me!"), but the battle scenes looked pretty intense. I'll definetly see it in theatres, but I'm not expecting anything amazing.