Ca25re33ta65ke14rs08yo88un58g.jpg

The Caretakers Deluxe Edition and The Young Doctors by Elmer Bernstein

$19.98

Limited to 1500 copies

No25rth47so33uth.jpg

North and South by Bill Conti - 4 CD Boxed Set

$44.98

Limted to 2500 copies

CDs will begin shipping the week of March 3rd.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bit off topic, but what happened with the Re-recording of Conan The Destroyer? I know the whole thing was put on hold due to Podelouris unfortunate death, but are there any developments?

FAMILY PLOT! PLEASE!!!

Also,

The Polar Express

The Lion King

Indiana Jones

Inspector Clousea (the one by Ken Thorne)

Back to the Future

SW prequels

Potter

The Polar Express released as a Varese Club? I don't think so. Same with The Lion King. Scores like Indiana Jones, Back To The Future, Star Wars, and Harry Potter are all big franchises that need complete set releases that probably won't get any single CD treatment.

FAMILY PLOT! PLEASE!!!

Also,

The Polar Express

The Lion King

Indiana Jones

Inspector Clousea (the one by Ken Thorne)

Back to the Future

SW prequels

Potter

The Polar Express released as a Varese Club? I don't think so. Same with The Lion King. Scores like Indiana Jones, Back To The Future, Star Wars, and Harry Potter are all big franchises that need complete set releases that probably won't get any single CD treatment.

I know, I'm just dreaming here. But HA2 was made in 1992 (I think), and it got a complete release. So there is a slight chance.

SW prequels

People get it through your thick skulls. Only SONY owns the rights for all 6 Star Wars scores. ONLY THEY can release the complete scores for the Prequels.

It's possible they sold the rights to Varese. Unlikely, but possible. And like I said above, I'm just dreaming here.

It's possible they sold the rights to Varese. Unlikely, but possible. And like I said above, I'm just dreaming here.

Don't ever count on that happening. You are just dreaming....

I see what're your saying. You basically just list a bunch of scores you want released whenever something new comes up, right?

Yup.

Love the avatar.

Don't ever count on that happening. You are just dreaming....

...Which is why I said "I'm just dreaming."

Just a few days ago I was thinking "Man, we haven't heard any new out of Varèse in a while" and I went to their website but didn't find anything. So I'm glad to hear something now.

And the winner is ... film music fans everwhere!

Well golllllll-lllllll-ly!

Probably another Conti in there somewhere - fingers crossed for The Right Stuff or The Big Blue.

Let us hope thy prediction shall be accurate, let us all hope. :)

FAMILY PLOT! PLEASE!!!

Since I have the session tapes to FAMILY PLOT, the answer to your question is NA-NAH-NA-NAHHHH-NA!!!

Possibly another Bill Conti and Elmer Bernstein. Another Goldsmith would be great. I'm counting on SPARTACUS as well. Limited edition of 500 :)

The reason Home Alone 2 got a release is due to the fact that Varese has access to the Fox studio vaults and the rights to the score were available. Plus they found some errors with the original release and since it was available they went ahead and released it.

I would guess that these are the composers you might see a release from this club batch:

Conti, Bernstein, North, Waxman, Friedhofer, Young, Goldsmith or Silvestri. They might sneak a Williams in with something older but look at the studios that hold the rights to some of his unreleased works.

Frankly I would love an expanded legit release of Gremlins and Gremlins 2.

Frankly I would love an expanded legit release of Gremlins and Gremlins 2.

I don't think there's so much important material missing from G2 (but it being a favourite of mine, I'd probably pick it up nevertheless). But an official G with decent sound would be a feast.

SW prequels

People get it through your thick skulls. Only SONY owns the rights for all 6 Star Wars scores. ONLY THEY can release the complete scores for the Prequels.

yeh but a re-recroding of the 4,5,6

SW prequels

yeh but a re-recroding of the 4,5,6

You don't know too much about the music industry, huh? :blink:

There's no reason for a re-recording and it's not gonna happen anytime in my life.

As far as Conan goes, there was a rumor floating around that someone was going to release a complete, remastered version of Conan The Destroyer but Poledouris' death put it on hold for awhile.

And that's only the RUMOR that was floating around.

I would love to see Varese re-issue the Kojian "Star Wars Trilogy" album as an SA-CD. Throw in Gerhardt's Empire album while they're at it. Both were Soundstream digital recordings and exceed the current CD standard but could be heard in their full glory on the SA-CD format.

Neil

I would love to see Varese re-issue the Kojian "Star Wars Trilogy" album as an SA-CD. Throw in Gerhardt's Empire album while they're at it. Both were Soundstream digital recordings and exceed the current CD standard but could be heard in their full glory on the SA-CD format.

Neil

YEH!!! :blink: or on DVD-Audio

Somebody posted a YouTube video that showed how JW binds and keeps all his scores. Because of this, doesn't that mean any JW score is availible? I mean, obviously they would still need the rights to record and release it, but it doesn't matter if the master tapes are lost or destroyed, because JW still has all the scores written out, right?

I would love to see Bill Conti's I THE JURY score which had a fabulous opening credit cue.

Either that or Spartacus. I AM SPARTACUS!

I've edited together Spartacus, bits from the movie with little dialogue, from the CD, from bootleg, as good quality as I can get for each cue. It's simply one of the best scores ever and I can't wait for a full release.

Somebody posted a YouTube video that showed how JW binds and keeps all his scores.

Can you post a link to that? 8O

Guys, stop guessing, better wait those 5 days that are left and let ourselves be surprised once more. :blink:

Being your unofficial, official Varese club barker......

here they are!

In all their "so so" glory.

m96a88t46il63da.jpg

Matilda

Ltd to 1500

Hurry fast!!!!

vi62va99le25tt87er.jpg

Viva Zapata / 13th Letter

Ltd to 2000

yawn

Ca25re33ta65ke14rs08yo88un58g.jpg

Caretakers / Young Doctors

Ltd to 1500

No25rth47so33uth.jpg

North and South

4 CD's

Ltd to 1500.

These will go.

What an underwhelming collective ... sigh....

Yeah, right. :)

Oh, that's true, there's nothing by Williams, so it's necessarily worthless.

Oh, and it's baaaaaaaaaad Varèse, so spitting on them is mandatory, right?

;)

Matilda sounds extremely nice.

I already have two re-recordings of Viva Zapata! (Goldsmith & Bernstein), but The 13th Letter sounds really good.

The Caretakers / Young Doctors is a quite obviously gorgeously fun album.

North and South is splendid.

A wonderful batch!

:)

Yeah, right. :)

;)

That is not what I was saying. Perhaps I'm getting bored with the Newman/Conti/Bernstein/North batches that are coming out as of late. It seems as though this has happened the past 2-3 batches.

Whats wrong with throwing in a Williams, or Goldsmith here and there?

I know, I know, they would if they could.

I'm not blaming Varese for nothing. I am good friends with some of the head honchos there... but still!!!

And, being a good geek, I ordered them all.

So, don't be putting words in my mouth. I was a little excited, but not as much as I was thinking I would be.

With 7 discs planned, I thought we would have 6 great ones and 1 2 cd unbeliveably outstanding release.

The titles are quite good to great, but I don't have any affinity with these scores, and I don't have any more money for CDs anyhow, so I won't be getting any.

I understand why everyone is getting annoyed though, it's always Bernstein, Conti, North, etc. Look, I also agree that you can't go wrong with Bernstein and North (though Conti...), and I'm not mad at Varèse at all like all those madmen at the FSM board who are madder than Mad Jack McMad who won last year's Madman competition or so, but it would also be great if Varèse ventured into some variety. Goldsmith and especially Williams (it's been a while...) would be great, but I'm more talking about other composers. Elfman? Arnold? Silvestri? Another Horner? I know these are 'recent' composers, but once in a while, why not. And we've got the Golden and Silver Age covered by FSM I guess :)

T but I'm more talking about other composers. Elfman? Arnold? Silvestri? Another Horner? I know these are 'recent' composers, but once in a while, why not. And we've got the Golden and Silver Age covered by FSM I guess :)

Agreed 1 trillion percemt!

Yeah, right. ;)

;)

That is not what I was saying. Perhaps I'm getting bored with the Newman/Conti/Bernstein/North batches that are coming out as of late. It seems as though this has happened the past 2-3 batches.

Whats wrong with throwing in a Williams, or Goldsmith here and there?

I know, I know, they would if they could.

You mean, "They would if they wanted to."

:devil:

:):)

North & South was epic 80s TV at its finest. And boasted a magnificent main title from Bill Conti. I've had the suite for years now I can finally own my first Conti cd.