Unusual question about Herrmann's Psycho score

dsguardian

Okay, not sure where I should have posted this, but I figured I'd try here...

First off, I know that Herrmann's original score for Psycho has never been officially released (not talking about the two re-recordings, but the actual score used in the movie). I do have the bootleg score, but as some of you might know, there's a lot of tape hiss, and the cues are all smashed together, comprising about six or seven tracks.

So.... my question then is about the Laserdisc (which sadly I don't have) that has the isolated score (which was unfortunately left off the DVDs). I'm wondering if anyone has the laserdisc, and if so, how's the sound quality of the iso score? I know it would be nowhere near the quality of the two re-recording CDs (yes, believe me, I know), but wondering if it's possible to record the iso track (i.e., record it onto a DVD and then rip the audio, or some other similar method)? Would it sound just like the bootleg? I just wish I knew a little more about how the bootleg was made in the first place. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Finally, one last question, if anyone knows, does the iso score have the cues separated like in the film, or are they all combined together like on the bootleg? Thanks!

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Odds are the bootlegs are taken off the laserdisc score. It is a 1960 recording remember.

But I don't know, just speculating.